Aeromedia Nanomax 4gb 64gb TWRP/ROM??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aeromedia Nanomax 4gb 64gb TWRP/ROM??

Hi guys newbie here and first time poster, hope you're all doing OK ?
    I have been a keen reader of the forums for many years now but only recently signed up

I managed to restore a broken rk133 model and a droix mxq lollipop upgrade from these wonderful forums. Thanks to the devs BTW

So here we go.. I bought a cheap box from justop UK, it is an aeromedia Nanomax H6 a53 T720 mp2 chipset, android 9 pie 4/64gb model. I goosed the last one with magisk by trying to patch the boot.img from the app (lol) I know... I know

Anyhoo I was wondering if any of you guys have came across a mod for this box and whether it's been successful with twrp, and custom rom, the box came prerooted so I'm wondering?

I've used the search facility and am usually lurking around xda in the firetv section, but curiosity is getting the better of me with this little box. I would be grateful for any pointers in the right direction or any help or advice

Thanks in advance guys n girls

Much appreciated
    Last edited by Bertonumber1; 08-01-2020, 01:10.

Hello,

H6 is really nice low powered Allwinner chip, but you can't expect to much from it; Android support and modding is not common so it will be hard to find any of the things your are looking to do like custom ROM, TWRP, and Magisk. If you instead want to run Linux on the device, then you will probably have a lot better experience with Armbian, which should have what you are looking for with Generic H6 support for Debian and Ubuntu images. It might be possible to find a custom Android ROM if you want to go dig around the Russian website 4pda for several hours, but don't hold your breath.

Looking at the Amazon ad for your box, it looks like it is a Clone of the H96mini_H6 with a different casing, so if you bricked your device installing Magisk and the Vendor wont send you the firmware then I would try to get one for the H96 with the H6 chip and install it with Phoenix USB Tool or Phoenix Burn Card Maker.

I own several H6 TVbox's and they do come with bug filed versions of Android, but if yours is Rooted and you're wanting to use Android here are some things that need to be done on these boxes immediately:

1) Update Play Services
    2) Update Play Store
    3) Update the system app 'Android WebView' -- I do this with the already made version from Bromite.org (make sure you use the 32bit armv7a version)
    4) Uninstall any FOTA system apps or Disable them, this is the OTA update app and these devices don't get OTA's so best not to be having your device calling China everyday you boot it up.
    5) Uninstall all Pre-Installed "User" Apps and get the versions for Google Play Store, APKpure, or APKmirror.

For the more Expert Android Users:
    6) Over ADB can manipulate settings to personal preferences, I just use Remote_ADB_Shell app and change some default settings over WIFI with my phone.
    7) Edit the "Vendor" build.prop to whatever you feel like Modding

Note:
    Because of the Verified Boot and System_as_Root on the H6 with Android 9 most all SYSTEM partition or BOOT partition edits will cause a Bricked device.

Comment

Hello @RiCkLaR_atvX

Thank you for taking some time to reply to my post.
      I would be interested in upgrading the Google play services etc but the playstore and everything on the device is working OK.
      Everytime I've tried to upgrade the store without flashing gapps and doing it from apk mirror I've rarely succeeded in grabbing the correct files.
      that being said... With regard to the ota services and the system files already on this box it is rather disappointing to say the least (you get what you pay for)

I would definitely be interested in replacing everything on the box, writing to system a new launcher, keyboard and ditching the Ota menus etcetera

Regarding the link to the bromite.org program, my system is 64-bit will this make a difference if I use arm?
      Once again thank you for your kind reply. I am looking forward to at least improving the UI on this box.

Regards, respect

Rab

Comment

Originally posted by Bertonumber1 View Post
        Hello @RiCkLaR_atvX
        Regarding the link to the bromite.org program, my system is 64-bit will this make a difference if I use arm?
        The H6 chip is a 64bit chip, but all the generic TVbox's with this chip run Android in 32bit mode, so Bromite Webview.apk and any apks you want to sideload or install need to be armv7a variants (arm 32bit).

Comment

Hi RiCkLaR_atvX . I installed the webiew apk, I downloaded supersu and installed the apk The supersu app installed and requested to update binary so I rebooted the device and bricked it lol.
          Unsure what to do next. I thought the supersu would have updated the binary the way it normally does.
          I've contacted the supplier (justop UK) and they haven't got back to me with regard to firmware or recovery
          Rookie error

Comment

SuperSu has error in coding, and if the orginial firmware used the OLD original SuperSu coding to gain root then it cause that instant brick if install the SU app and click update binary.

Look on androidpctv.com -- within the last 2 months there was a ROM posted for the H96mini_H6, which I believe might work for your device(which I believe is a clone of the H96) to unbrick it, if you can get it to Flash with the Allwinner Burning Tools

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
              SuperSu has error in coding, and if the orginial firmware used the OLD original SuperSu coding to gain root then it cause that instant brick if install the SU app and click update binary.

Look on androidpctv.com -- within the last 2 months there was a ROM posted for the H96mini_H6, which I believe might work for your device(which I believe is a clone of the H96) to unbrick it, if you can get it to Flash with the Allwinner Burning Tools
              Hi RiCkLaR_atvX thanks for your replies and time taken here. I've looked up a few sites but I have issue with this box I can't even get into stock recovery, I note the similarities with my box and the h96 mini and this is the firmware I'm looking at. Every link I've went to for H96 Mini firmware the link has failed, it allows me to download flash tools phoenix and cardburner but not the actual device rom.
              The supplier just message me there asking to return box but I'm not keen on paying 8 gbp postage again ( the box was already replaced due to being faulty wifi dropping) so I've requested firmware to flash myself. As I've said I've tried to gain access to stock recovery and it's just going to splash screen logo and hanging. So I'll need to find suitable TWRP etc

Cheers again m8

Comment

Firmware s are installed by a Windows tool, I use Phoenix USB Tool for Allwinner chipped devices, or you can use Phoenix Suite or the Burn Card Maker with MicroSDcard.

No need for TWRP.

Try this Link:

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
                  Firmware s are installed by a Windows tool, I use Phoenix USB Tool for Allwinner chipped devices, or you can use Phoenix Suite or the Burn Card Maker with MicroSDcard.

No need for TWRP.

Try this Link:

https://chinagadgetsreviews.com/down...h6-tv-box.html
                  OK Im downloading the firmware(really slow 56k) and USB tool, I have USB a to a cable to connect the box, will update soon.

Appreciated
                  Regards

Comment

Working...
                  X