Problem with Q-Plus H6 4/32GB TV Box Reflash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Q-Plus H6 4/32GB TV Box Reflash

Hi all - apols for the crosspost but I may get more help in the AllWinner forum. I wonder whether somebody has a suggestion regarding a rather weird issue following a firmware reflash to this device? After inadvertently blowing away /system/bin/toybox which left the device unbootable (don't ask!!) I decided that reinstalling the firmware would be the quickest fix. Burned Q-Plus-H6-9.0-2.1.16.img to an SD card and reflashed - all seemed OK. However after the flash this 4GB/32GB box now only addresses 2GB/16GB. (the raw hardware values - not the available ram/rom capacity after OS & app installation). It appears that I've lost a bit somewhere!

Any clues as to what has gone wrong here?

Thanks in advance,

riclin

Originally posted by riclin View Post
    Any clues as to what has gone wrong here?
    try this
    Qplus-H6-9.0-2.1.17-CV200

Comment

Thanks very much Cosmi - but no cigar. Successfully installed your 2.1.17 ROM but the device is still only addressing half of the available RAM/ROM.

Aggravating!

Any other thoughts?

Comment

Hi Cosmi - have you had success with that firmware on a 4GB/32GB Q+ device? - because if it has worked for you then perhaps chasing a different firmware image is not going to help me and the problem lies elsewhere!

Comment

Originally posted by riclin View Post
          Hi Cosmi - have you had success with that firmware on a 4GB/32GB Q+ device?
          I have an R-TV BOX X10 PLUS Allwinner H6
          4GB/64GB
          with this firmware, the box worked fine
          There is an OTA update to version 2.1.18
          Try updating

Comment

My gut feel is that your device is not what you think it is, this sounds similar to an issue i had with the q96x.

the supplied firmware for the q96x (ordered from ****) was faking storage space and memory, ie it was a 1gb 8gb, but sold as a 2gb 16gb model. Checking the basic android app, it shows up as 2gb (and 300mb free) ram and 16gb storage etc (so these cheap devices have been somehow firmware hacked to lie about the stats).

If you think this might be you, I recommend the following
            1: if still within warranty / if ordered from one of the online auction / cheap sites and within the 60 days (or whatever the rules are), raise a complaint
            2: if out of warranty, open the device and check the main ram or storage chips and validate what size they really are, if they are what your new firmware states, then sorry you got ripped off, but now that you got the new firmware, you are less likely to run into issues (ie: you can get proper updates, and apps should run properly on the proper firmware rather then apps thinking you have storage and ram that you dont have, forcing swapping etc and ultimately crashing / fake / f up firmware which you dont know what they have done to it etc). If opening it confirms that your original specs were right, keep hunting for the rigth firmware, though i think this is less likely, most firmware's ive seen is ram size / storage size agnostic (someone else might be able to confirm that).

in my case, i raised a not as described to the seller, after a bit of back and forth (including me sending video of me opening the package and recording the mac number etc, them insisting its hardware is what was described etc, eventually i got a full refund, opened it up and sure enough it was faked, updated to the offical firmware and while i didnt get what i ordered, after wasting all that time, i got a free 1gb h313 device....

Some tell tail signs (though might not be relevant to you post firmware upgrade)
            * aida64 reports free memory as less then the specs - it should be roughly the "spec - 600mb", in my case it said to me 2Gb total memory, only 300Mb free (approx 1gb missing)
            * Chrome on the download history seems to report the correct storage space, it should be approx "spec - 4gb", in my case it was saying 4.5gb (approx 8gb missing)
            * the built in file manager was half right. On the top level, it reported ~12Gb, but clicking into a folder (ie: music, or movies), it woudl report the true space of approx 4.5Gb free

Just my 2 cents... I suspect your device with the updated firmware is telling you the correct hardware....

Comment

Working...
            X