• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playback stutter - H6

Hello,
    The Tx6 i have, plays a youtube 1080p30 video like this:

The firmware inside is an android 9: H6_9_4Gddr_20190722.img

I downgraded to android 7 fw again from Tanix but still same stutters.

Basically out of 20 firmwares that i tried, 17 of them has this stutter whether on android v7, 8.1 or v 9.0

Then i tried these three
    Code:
    EachLink_H6_MINI-SCV2 - And 7 - Very Smooth - one dead usb port, no clock , 3gb ram.img
    miniH6-public-3Gddr-20181113-update - And 7 - Very Smooth - one dead usb port, no clock , 3gb ram , DS4 not pair - bad launcher.img
    T95 MAX-SCV2 - GREAT but 3gb ram, no clock no audio codecs.img
    Then the playback back acceptable.

As i was able to find an acceptable playback performance on some firmwares, i think it is NOT a hardware limitation or a a problem specific to the OS.

Can it be that the OS is receiving errors and interrupts due to mis-configuration of some system apps?
    Last edited by I3ordo; 09-22-2020, 13:19.

Perhaps its just the unit throtling down... because its overheating?
    Try a overclocking app from XDA or g-market.. if you have root ( enable performents govenour )
    Then use a tool like : CPU throttle
    To see temp and do a throttle test

or look what the system is doing :
    enable show cpu usage / settings / under development tools
    or
    Install Catlog from F-droid ( to see error logs )

Or just use a different Youtube player
    Vanced youtube has two player default and exo or external player (and a option to enable HDR/SDR )
    smart tv youtube
    Kodi that incl auto framerate switch/sync (depending on version)

Or
    Bad HDMI cable ?

Just some thoughts

Comment

I3ordo doesn't matter what firmware you install, you must UPDATE the Android-TV YouTube App manually. Go to Apkmirror.com to get it : https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google...-apk-download/

Because I hate Ads on YouTube, I use SmartYouTube.apk instead and picture plays perfect upto 4k30p on Tanix TX6, if you use standard AndroidTV YouTube don't try 4k because it doesn't allow you to select the FPS and defaults to 60p, but as long as you updated the APK then 1080p should play fine. And your Google-Play-Services needs to be updated on any stock ROM, easiest way to do that is use the App "Play Services Info" -because it will force the Google Play Store to look for the correct version for your device.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell4you View Post
        Perhaps its just the unit throtling down... because its overheating?
        Try a overclocking app from XDA or g-market.. if you have root ( enable performents govenour )
        Then use a tool like : CPU throttle
        To see temp and do a throttle test

or look what the system is doing :
        enable show cpu usage / settings / under development tools
        or
        Install Catlog from F-droid ( to see error logs )
        Thanks i will check whats going on with those tools...
        Originally posted by mitchell4you View Post
        Or just use a different Youtube player
        Vanced youtube has two player default and exo or external player (and a option to enable HDR/SDR )
        smart tv youtube
        Kodi that incl auto framerate switch/sync (depending on version)
        Well, during all those 20 firmware tests, i was trying some videos on the built in tdplayer but the hic'ups were so occasional (yet distractring) it was a dread staring at a video for the 40th time to see the frame drop then i noticed the youtube app was much more prone to stutters , If it was bad on the youtube app, it was really bad on any other app as well, just not as much.

Comment

Working...
        X