Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TX6- Restore Vendor Partition - help

Hi, there.
    I have a TX6 4gb/64gb BT Android 9 with "p281-userdebug 9 PPR1.181005.003 20200515-144349" firmware.
    After a bad reflash (I did a backup before), i've lost WIFI/BT modules which is located on "Vendor".Restore is the way to recover my original modules/drivers, but TWRP (JJonas) just backup and don't restore Vendor partition.
    I want know how to restore entire "Vendor" partition (or copy all files) from TWRP backup.
    TWRP_TX6_A9 don´t do that.
    Any ideas ("p281-userdebug 9 PPR1.181005.003 20200515-144349" firmware image link? repack image with my vendor files ?...TWRP script ?etc)?
    Copy files just give-me write erros.
    Thanks!!
    Last edited by tbfa; 01-18-2021, 08:16.

Hello. I have exactly the same problem with my TX6-H which uses RTL8822CS WiFi/BT module. I have asked many many people and sellers but they cannot help. Did you find a solution? Could you upload the vendor TWRP backup with RTL8822CS files? Maybe an Android programmer could help
    There must be a file called 88x2cs.ko or 8822cs.ko in /Vendor/Modules. This is about 5mb and must be the main driver.
    Then possibly we need an installer .zip with a USB stick to send the commands for installation with the explorer app.
    This other installer must contain a /firmware/rtl8822cs_config, firmware/rtl8822cs_fw and also a META-INF/CERT.RSA, META-INF/CERT.SF, META-INF/MANIFEST.MF,
    Last edited by alfaclvi; 01-17-2021, 21:10.

Comment

Hi, i've extracted files from twrp vendor backup (rename to ".tar" to see the files) and, with Xplore, copied the files, but i'm not sure if all files were copied. Now the wi-fi and bluetooth works.
      Link of my vendor backup, extract them and copy to vendor folder:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jrG...ew?usp=sharing
      Last edited by tbfa; 01-18-2021, 08:17.

Comment

Hi again. Yes the files needed seem to be inside. Now we possibly need an installer.zip and with the help of a TWRP we will install through Recovery Mode(Back hidden button).
        An example is this https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TxW...ew?usp=sharing
        But I don't know if this enough and my TWRP for TX6 says that cannot access System files. The right procedure is here but we are not programmers https://source.android.com/devices/a...kernel-modules

I will try and inform you
        Thanks

Comment

Hi. Sometimes twrp gets access to System files, sometimes didn't. Try move files using some root file manager, move or copy 1 per 1. The example on drive was declined, share as public.

Comment

Hi. Yes I copied 88x2cs.ko in /vendor/modules/, copied rtl8822cs_config rtl8822cs_fw rtl8822c_config rtl8822c_fw in /vendor/etc/firmware, copied bt_vendor.conf rtkbt.conf in /vendor/etc/bluetooth/
            Then I changed their Attributes with Root Explorer to rw-r-r.
            What I noticed in firmware downloaded from https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/adv...pdate-20190228 is that when installed as TANIX, there is also another file inside folder /vendor/etc/wifi called wifi_efuse_8723cs.map which means that this specific firmware uses 8723cs.ko module possibly for an RTL8723CS wifi/bt module. I cannot find any similar .map file for 88x2.cs.ko in your vendor files.
            The example installation file is public shared, but you can also download from here https://cloud.mail.ru/public/4UGH/5A5zR12is/ and download the folder test. Inside folder called BT you will find a zip file called rtl8822cs-update.zip.
            The problem with this file that I install with TWRP, is that I don't know if this installs a driver .ko or simply informs a what ever boardconfig.mk file for wrong driver location. I have searched for .mk file but cannot find them

Comment

Look here: https://www.carrefouruae.com/mafuae/.../2244100042807

and here: https://singapore-corp.com/co/wownect-pte-ltd

I don't know if we can contact them. They sell this TX-H model to UAE, Malaysia, Vietnam, Ukraine

Comment

Hi tbfa

I think I fixed the problem.
                First of all thank you for your help and your files from your backup.
                1. Install the original firmware TX6_H6_9_4Gddr_8822bs_20190228.img from Tanix
                2. Install root Explorer
                3. Copy rtl8822cs_config rtl8822cs_fw and 88x2cs.ko from yourTWRP backup in a USB flash drive
                4. Rename those 3 files to rtl8822bs_config rtl8822bs_fw and 88x2bs.ko
                5. Insert your USB flash in a TX6 USB port
                6. Run Root Explorer and open a new tab with your USB flash
                7. Now rename to whatever(I did so) or delete in /vendor/etc/firmware/ the two files rtl8822bs_config and rtl8822bs_fw. Then copy in same folder those files from your USB flash
                8. Rename or delete in folder /vendor/modules the file 88x2bs.ko. Then copy in same folder the file 88x2bs.ko from your USB flash drive
                9. Now go to settings and enable WiFI. Wait until you see your wifi network.

This way we trick the system to read 8822cs but with the name of 8822bs, since we cannot use an installer to specify which module we want to be recognized by our system.
                I have not checked the bluetooth but I don't need.
                I believe that there is no firmware that embeds RTL8822CS module and the Chinese just use a script to delete and rename the modules. I have never seen such a disinterest from a company. They could at least reply to questions even if they had no solution to provide. The worst ever.

Comment

Originally posted by tbfa View Post
                  Hi, there.
                  I have a TX6 4gb/64gb BT Android 9 with "p281-userdebug 9 PPR1.181005.003 20200515-144349" firmware.
                  After a bad reflash (I did a backup before), i've lost WIFI/BT modules which is located on "Vendor".Restore is the way to recover my original modules/drivers, but TWRP (JJonas) just backup and don't restore Vendor partition.
                  I want know how to restore entire "Vendor" partition (or copy all files) from TWRP backup.
                  TWRP_TX6_A9 don´t do that.
                  Any ideas ("p281-userdebug 9 PPR1.181005.003 20200515-144349" firmware image link? repack image with my vendor files ?...TWRP script ?etc)?
                  Copy files just give-me write erros.
                  Thanks!!
                  Hi tbfa

I think I fixed the problem.
                  First of all thank you for your help and your files from your backup.
                  1. Install the original firmware TX6_H6_9_4Gddr_8822bs_20190228.img from Tanix
                  2. Install root Explorer
                  3. Copy rtl8822cs_config rtl8822cs_fw and 88x2cs.ko from yourTWRP backup in a USB flash drive
                  4. Rename those 3 files to rtl8822bs_config rtl8822bs_fw and 88x2bs.ko
                  5. Insert your USB flash in a TX6 USB port
                  6. Run Root Explorer and open a new tab with your USB flash
                  7. Now rename to whatever(I did so) or delete in /vendor/etc/firmware/ the two files rtl8822bs_config and rtl8822bs_fw. Then copy in same folder those files from your USB flash
                  8. Rename or delete in folder /vendor/modules the file 88x2bs.ko. Then copy in same folder the file 88x2bs.ko from your USB flash drive
                  9. Now go to settings and enable WiFI. Wait until you see your wifi network.

This way we trick the system to read 8822cs but with the name of 8822bs, since we cannot use an installer to specify which module we want to be recognized by our system.
                  I have not checked the bluetooth but I don't need.

Comment

Working...
                  X