Is My New TX6 Fake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is My New TX6 Fake?

I recently bought this box from Amazon although at the time it said Android 9, not 10 as it does now. It claims it is using an AllWinner H616. The box I actually got looks a little different. It looks mostly like this one on Amazon (which claims an AllWinner H6 chip of some sort but is not specific) but I do not see the blue LED to the left of the clock display that is shown in the photos.

But looking at the build properties I see reference to AmLogic and when I go into recovery mode I also see reference to AmLogic. I have not been able to find an app that can tell me exactly what chip is inside. So I have to wonder:
    1. Is the box I have fake?
    2. Can I use firmware from the Tanix TX6 or from this forum or elsewhere that is for the H616 chip?
    3. Can anyone point me at kernel source code for this box as it seems I need to compile kernel modules to support USB to Serial Port adapters.
    Thanks very much

As I have been searching around and finding reviews of similar devices, it appears that AIDA64 and some benchmark apps and such all seem to say AmLogic. But AIDA64 id's the chip as an H6 and the board as a Tanix. So who knows why the AmLogic? Perhaps some kernel build issue? It was easy enough to open up mine and take a look around. I did NOT remove the finned heat sink so I didn't see the SOC chip directly. However, right next to it on the board I read "CS H6 "TS28" and more. I have seen similar on other photos from similar boxes and the H6 would suggest that the board is made for an H6-based chip which is what I expect for the unit. I checked the wifi and dual bands are supported and AIDA64 says BT is 4+. So I suspect from here that this is indeed a TX6.

Comment

Forget it. I am returning this thing!

Comment

• gefattern
        gefattern commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi , dont buy this shit Boxes from lying Companys on A , look for better ones , good luck / gefattern

You can also check amazon related things
      Last edited by babjigada; 05-04-2021, 14:54.

Comment

Working...
      X