Customization Tool 2.0.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

What you have to do is Convert the system.new.dat to a system.img.
    Here is the Tool you need for it.
    While using the Tool you get a System.img you can use for the modding.

Neomode

Comment

So just to clarify, once I extract system.new.dat and do my mods then I convert the folder to system.img and convert back to system.new.dat. From there I just zip, sign and flash from SD? Can I just flash the system.img alone somehow via SD or the USB Burning Tool?

Another thing I'm wondering is if I can I unpack a full update.img of another compatible firmware (e.g. Mini M8S II to TX5 Pro mod by prahjister.) using the AML Customization Tool, replace the system.img in level1 with my modded system.img from the Mini M8S II and repack to a full firmware.img? I tried this without doing any modifications and it wouldn't boot. I doubt it's that easy but that would be awesome if it was that simple. If you could shed some light on this it would be extremely helpful for folks with bricked devices and no firmware.img to reflash via UBT.

Edit: It was the size of system.img causing it not to boot. It has to be the exact same size as the original or the partition offsets will be off.
      Last edited by atvbca; 09-05-2016, 19:08.

Comment

Is there a limit to the number of times that this tool can pack successfully?

All night long I have been improving a ROM for the S912 and am just 2 small steps away from it being just as I want it.

BUT!

I am finding that after a certain time, when packing, despite a success message, the actual size of the image is just over a third of what it should be.

I even found that an image that loads up successfully on the box, with no changes, just a simple unpack and pack straight away did the same thing.

I've rebooted, run crap cleaners and asked it nicely but it just won't play ball and it's driving me freaking nuts to be so close and yet so far.

I'm using exactly the same procedure each time, so no variations to take into account.

Has anybody come across this or have a solution to save my sanity and prevent me from requiring hair replacement surgery?
        R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

When I pack an img to test. I will close the app down and start over every time.
          Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

That's what i do every time.

Open, unpack, make a change and then pack.

I can't understand why a working firmware will not repack without any changes.

Comment

try unpacking just level 1 and only check the dtb. then pack and flash.
              Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister View Post
                try unpacking just level 1 and only check the dtb. then pack and flash.
                Thank you for saving me from the nut house.

I can see some daylight now and it looks as though that kind of approach can make the building a lot faster as I was unpacking just about everything each time which was unnecessary.

Comment

Spoke too soon.

The less you unpack the more it ignores when you want to make changes in the right areas, so I either end up with the same size firmware as before or one just under half the size.

All I want to do is add one thing to priv-app and replace platform.xml in system/etc/permissions

Comment

They might have it packed in a way they the tool can't do in its current version

Comment

I did wonder that but could not escape the fact that I was able to create 4 separate builds before any subsequent ones started going awry but anything is possible.

I'm going to see if I can recreate the same scenario with an S905x image, which will very likely answer the question as if all is well there then it would point to some compatibility issues with these later builds.

Perhaps Acemaxtec has a later tool available for us to utilise.

Comment

Hallelbloodyujah.

I have a firmware.

Split the tasks into 4 segments and this time, kept the Customisation tool open throughout.

Comment

Try starting over from scratch. When building and packing I do it in steps and label the packed files with what i do. For example

tanixroot,img
                          tanixreplacesystemui,img
                          tanixreplaceframework.img
                          tanixremovebloat.img
                          tanixremovekodi.img

Then to get order i can use time stamps. so in case something goes wrong i can go back just one or 2 steps.

Comment

I have the same problem when unpacking and repacking a ROM that I've modded repacked several times. What I now do is rename the tmp folder the customization tool creates to a descriptive name after I pack every mod, then if the ROM no longer packs to the full size I just go back and unpack an older revision and copy over my mods to the tmp folder from my backed up folders. To make it even easier I believe you can just copy over the whole system folder after unpacking an older/original ROM and then repack and it'll work properly. I also always close down the tool after each unpack/pack.

Comment

I did the rename trick too and yes you can essentially copy back any element that you have backed up before repacking.

It's still a bit hit and miss though, so my strategy from now will be to split tasks into no more than 4 chunks as that should enable completion to be pretty much guaranteed.

Comment

When i try te repack a modified rom i het a pack error in v2.08

"Fail to pack images to complete images

I asm using Windows 10 and the rom is a rom from a T95m

Anyone have a idea ?
                                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
                                My players,

Ac Ryan Veolo 2
                                Ac Ryan Veolo 4K
                                Ac Ryan Playon!HD2
                                Ac Ryan Playon!HD3

Comment

Working...
                                X