Customization Tool 2.0.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

Are you replacing them manually or using the options within the tool interface?
    the only way I know to do it is manually. By unpacking my stock rom and then the custom rom and deleting the two files in custom rom replacing them with the 2 files from my stock rom. Not sure how to use the options in the tool interface to do it after both images are unpacked.
    thanks for the reply

Comment

Use the options in the tool on the Advance tab called Replace Images.

You will see where you can replace UBOOT.

R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Use the options in the tool on the Advance tab called Replace Images.

You will see where you can replace UBOOT.

Thanks for the reply. I'll try that

Comment

Hi,

I'm just wondering if there’s any way to make an image files smaller.

I’m currently using the MXQ pro s905x .img file

I have the image but when I add my apks and my Kodi build it exceeds 1.1G

I tied to delete most things from the build back up but I’m not sure what I can remove from the img file.

Does anyone have any ideas what I can remove without effecting the operating system?

Comment

Originally posted by comhen View Post
            Hi,

I'm just wondering if there’s any way to make an image files smaller.

I’m currently using the MXQ pro s905x .img file

I have the image but when I add my apks and my Kodi build it exceeds 1.1G

I tied to delete most things from the build back up but I’m not sure what I can remove from the img file.

Does anyone have any ideas what I can remove without effecting the operating system?
            Some firmwares come with a Kodi zip file full of addons, so worth looking for that to remove as it can be quite large.

Other then that, there isn't a lot that will make a great deal of difference, so you may want to look at the number of APK's you are installing and whether it will be easier to install them later from the Play Store.

Comment

Do you know which apk I can remove that won't affect the firmware.
              all I’m really using the box for is Kodi some other apps

i've attached i screen shot
              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Some firmwares come with a Kodi zip file full of addons, so worth looking for that to remove as it can be quite large.

Other then that, there isn't a lot that will make a great deal of difference, so you may want to look at the number of APK's you are installing and whether it will be easier to install them later from the Play Store.
                I worked out which app can be removed without effecting the firmware or operation.

I just have another weird issue, there's 3 apps (emulators) that won't install during firmware flash but other app install fine

I’ve tried the following
                *place the apks in system/preinstall folder with all the other apps, all apps installed fine except these 3 apps
                *I put unsigned version of these apps in system/app folder ,they still no luck
                * I put signed version in system/app folder and also didn't install

any ideas

I’ve also tried getting the 3 apps from other sources and still no luck

Comment

Do any of the apk's have spaces in their file names?

Comment

Do any of the apk's have spaces in their file names?
                    Checked, there’s no spaces

Doing the 3rd option (put signed apk in system/app folder), it installed the apks but for some reason they give me black screen then go back to app page when I try open them

Comment

I have come across some APK's that do not install too.

Often paid ones.

I've never found a specific reason why but it has been intimated that the way that the apps are designed to install may have something to do with it.

If you create the firmware with only these apps and remove the others that you have added, do they install then?

What are the names of these apps?

Comment

I have come across some APK's that do not install too.

Often paid ones.

I've never found a specific reason why but it has been intimated that the way that the apps are designed to install may have something to do with it.

If you create the firmware with only these apps and remove the others that you have added, do they install then?

What are the names of these apps?
                        These apps were available free on the play store

I worked it out

the play store will install different version on my tablet as opposed to box. I was trying to install the tablet version on the box. Once I noticed difference apk version.
                        Issue resolved

Thanks for your time in trying to help resolve the issue

Comment

I'm glad you resolved the issue and it will also highlight this for others, so you will have saved people some potential agony in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by comhen View Post
                            Do you know which apk I can remove that won't affect the firmware.
                            all I’m really using the box for is Kodi some other apps

i've attached i screen shot
                            Hi comhen ,

i always debloat my Roms after installing and delete about 20 Apps that i do not use like :

All Apps
                            APKInstaller
                            Browser ( only if u install another one )
                            Basic Dreams ( Wallpaper )
                            Camera2 ( only if you dont have a Web Cam )
                            Quicksearchbox
                            DeskClock
                            Exchange2 ( only if u use your own Email.apk )
                            FactoryTest
                            Filebrowser ( if u not need him or choose one of your one from PS )
                            HoloSpiralWallpaper ( Wallpaper )
                            LiveWallpapers ( Wallpaper )
                            LiveWallpapersPickers( Wallpaper )
                            Music ( u want to use Kodi / delete )
                            NoiseField ( Wallpaper )
                            NativeImagePlayer ( if it is another Videoplayer too )
                            OpenWnn ( chinese Keyboard or something like that )
                            PhaseBeam ( Wallpaper )
                            Soundrecorder
                            VideoPlayer ( u want to use Kodi / delete )
                            VisualationsWallpapers ( Wallpaper )
                            LatinIME (only if u want to use your own Keyboard )
                            MBoxLauncher ( only if u already installed another one there , same with Keyboard , after that they can deleted )

CalenderSync & Calender too if not needed .

and 3-4 Apps from the "priv-app" Folder , but this is not listed here .

After that i always wipe Cache & DalvikCache and Reboot , hope it helps you .

good luck

gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi comhen ,

i always debloat my Roms after installing and delete about 20 Apps that i do not use like :

All Apps
                              APKInstaller
                              Browser ( only if u install another one )
                              Basic Dreams ( Wallpaper )
                              Camera2 ( only if you dont have a Web Cam )
                              Quicksearchbox
                              DeskClock
                              Exchange2 ( only if u use your own Email.apk )
                              FactoryTest
                              Filebrowser ( if u not need him or choose one of your one from PS )
                              HoloSpiralWallpaper ( Wallpaper )
                              LiveWallpapers ( Wallpaper )
                              LiveWallpapersPickers( Wallpaper )
                              Music ( u want to use Kodi / delete )
                              NoiseField ( Wallpaper )
                              NativeImagePlayer ( if it is another Videoplayer too )
                              OpenWnn ( chinese Keyboard or something like that )
                              PhaseBeam ( Wallpaper )
                              Soundrecorder
                              VideoPlayer ( u want to use Kodi / delete )
                              VisualationsWallpapers ( Wallpaper )
                              LatinIME (only if u want to use your own Keyboard )
                              MBoxLauncher ( only if u already installed another one there , same with Keyboard , after that they can deleted )

CalenderSync & Calender too if not needed .

and 3-4 Apps from the "priv-app" Folder , but this is not listed here .

After that i always wipe Cache & DalvikCache and Reboot , hope it helps you .

good luck

gefattern
                              thanks heaps for taking the time go throw the list.

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone knows of a tool that works with Android 7.0 (Nougat)? Or knows of another way i can customize android 7.0 IMG file?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X