Customization Tool 2.0.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now it's not playing ball at all.

The fact that I have done it once though means that it can be, done, so I'll try again later until it works.

Finally got it and repacked.

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Last edited by bluesmanuk; 09-14-2016, 05:57.
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
      Now it's not playing ball at all.

The fact that I have done it once though means that it can be, done, so I'll try again later until it works.

Finally got it and repacked.

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now
      Thank you very much, I will try flash on the box and see how it goes. Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by comhen View Post

Thank you very much, I will try flash on the box and see how it goes. Thanks again
        this firmware worked fine thanks

Comment

Originally posted by comhen View Post

this firmware worked fine thanks
          Great stuff.

Comment

Hello and from me
            i really wonder if this working with s912 chip and 6.0 android?
            i have a nexbox A3 and i'm trying it but without any luck!
            my problem is with the "packing"! never got it to boot
            the combinations i tried was all, all except last one,and only the 1st level
            any suggestion and guidance would be appreciated!
            thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by gatos814 View Post
              Hello and from me
              i really wonder if this working with s912 chip and 6.0 android?
              i have a nexbox A3 and i'm trying it but without any luck!
              my problem is with the "packing"! never got it to boot
              the combinations i tried was all, all except last one,and only the 1st level
              any suggestion and guidance would be appreciated!
              thank you!
              Can you provide some more information?

Are there any error messages?

Does the packed image of the size that you would expect it to be?

What are the symptoms experienced after you have flashed to your box?

Are you customising an A3 image or one for another box?

Comment

hello again and thank you for the fast response
                first i don't get any error messages
                second the size of the image is similar to the original(little less maybe)
                third , it's for the A3 and i'm trying some fixes
                and last when i flash it with usb everything seems ok no errors but the tv box after 2 times in bootlogo returns to recovery!
                that's all!

Comment

OK well that covers some of the bases.

The next questions centre around what specific changes that you have made and their likely effects.

When flashing, have you tried the option to force erase all?

Comment

hello again
                    no i haven't try force erase all because i don't know if i'll have a problem after
                    and the fix i want to do is to change some values in Generic.kl for my touchpad keyboard and add A3 in the name on build.prop (it's an A1 vevrsion)
                    but the generic question is let's say if i want to change the framewark,the priv-app,the fonts etc from GT1 to A3 will i have any problem with the packing
                    will this new version booting and working?
                    thank you

Comment

I've run force erase many times and have yet to have a problem.

I can't see that changing values in Generic.kl preventing a boot but when it comes to build.prop then sometimes the slightest change can cause an issue.

If you want to run the GT1 firmware, have you tried replacing the WiFi and Bluetooth modules from the A3 into the GT1 to see if that will be a faster route to where you want to go as it sounds as if you would generally prefer to tun the GT1 firmware as a base.

I tend to make changes one or two at a time and then test.

It's a slower method but you do get to narrow down the causes of issues when they do occur.

Comment

When i was tested the GT1 rom I had an issue with the power led!
                        it was working backwards!
                        so i never went further to change and the modules
                        i don't even know with what permisions would i replace them?!
                        (by the way is it an ethernet module in etc or not and if yes , which one?)
                        that's the reason i want to change these files but i don't see any "light"!
                        anyway......thank you!

Comment

Ethernet tends to work without needing to change modules.

If the led light swap is the most of the problem then I would say that it was the least of the worries.

Comment

You're right mate it's not the biggest problem but as i said after that issue i never go on with other tests!
                            Unfortunately i'm a windows user and i don't know anything about linux!
                            So it would be a great help for all us windows users who wants to experimenting with Amlogic Android to have this tool working well!
                            Hoping for an update fix sometime.......!

Comment

The file for it would be in the ect folder you have to dig a bit and find the exact file folder and like blues said change one or two and retry.

😀
                              Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

I do all my work in Windows too.

But I try to focus on key issues first and work my way down.

Comment

Working...
                                X