No announcement yet.

Customization Tool 2.0.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wondering if anyone knows of a tool that works with Android 7.0 (Nougat)? Or knows of another way i can customize android 7.0 IMG file?
    ------
    I tried using the same tools to unpark and repark Nougat. It was successful. The problem I am having is that after burning to the box, it is not booting up. Changes made: Product Information (boot up picture and bootanimation)
    Any solutions please.
    Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by TMD View Post
      Just wondering if anyone knows of a tool that works with Android 7.0 (Nougat)? Or knows of another way i can customize android 7.0 IMG file?
      ------
      I tried using the same tools to unpark and repark Nougat. It was successful. The problem I am having is that after burning to the box, it is not booting up. Changes made: Product Information (boot up picture and bootanimation)
      Any solutions please.
      Thanks.
      I am having the same problem,

Customization tool can unpack most the image but you gotta untick Kernel and system apk. although this means you cannot root the device.

Comment

#1 Modding Some S912X Firmware Fix with Customization Tools 2.0.8 not working

07-03-2017, 02:58
        hi, how can i Fix for not booting

There is a bug when modding some S912 img firmware. When you make a modification and you repack it will never boot and goes to recovery. I tries with your attachment but not working with s912 :

how To fix unpack and replace aml_sdc_burn.UBOOT and UBOOT.USB

please help to can i fix this issue.

Comment

This tool has some serious issues.

Have you noticed that if you unpack a rom and repack it without changing anything and repeat the process with the new image, the IMG file size will always be bigger and bigger exponentially until you can no longer pack it because it exceeds 1Gb?

I have been digging into this and I believe the problem is in the file "aml_link_list" in the system folder and I believe I found a solution.

Everytime you unpack an image, the contents of this file will be duplicated and when you pack it, all those duplicate symlinks will somehow affect the filesize of the final IMG.
          If I keep my "good" aml_link_list (with no duplicates) in a safe place and copy it into the tmp/level2/system folder before packing, the filesize will be exacly the same.

Comment

Originally posted by satanuke View Post
            This tool has some serious issues.

Have you noticed that if you unpack a rom and repack it without changing anything and repeat the process with the new image, the IMG file size will always be bigger and bigger exponentially until you can no longer pack it because it exceeds 1Gb?

I have been digging into this and I believe the problem is in the file "aml_link_list" in the system folder and I believe I found a solution.

Everytime you unpack an image, the contents of this file will be duplicated and when you pack it, all those duplicate symlinks will somehow affect the filesize of the final IMG.
            If I keep my "good" aml_link_list (with no duplicates) in a safe place and copy it into the tmp/level2/system folder before packing, the filesize will be exacly the same.
            Nice find.

I'm sure that this will be useful information.
            R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Did you find a solution for the half-sized image file bug ? I'm having the exact same issue and it's driving me nuts. I have an image which works fine, when I burn it it works. Now if I open it in the Customization Tool and repack it straight away, the system partition size is wrong (I checked in the logs, it says 450mb whereas it should be 650mb) and the IMG cannot be burned.

Is there a way to "restore" my image so that it will work again ?

Comment

Originally posted by natinusala View Post
                Did you find a solution for the half-sized image file bug ? I'm having the exact same issue and it's driving me nuts. I have an image which works fine, when I burn it it works. Now if I open it in the Customization Tool and repack it straight away, the system partition size is wrong (I checked in the logs, it says 450mb whereas it should be 650mb) and the IMG cannot be burned.

Is there a way to "restore" my image so that it will work again ?
                I had this issue on a number of occasions and I found only 2 workarounds.

1. Only build from an early image, which may be unrealistic because it means applying every change again.

2. Uninstall and re-install the Customization Tool and then try again from a previously modified image , which I found worked every time.

Comment

I might have found a solution, I don't know if I've just been lucky or if it's a real fix. It looks like it's related to the aml_link_list file, and restoring the original one before each packing worked for me so far.

I made a backup of the aml_list_link file of the original ROM and before each packing I run a tiny script which deletes the one in /tmp/level2/system and puts the original back in. It prevents it from growing at each build, and might fix the corrupt/undersized IMG bug.

Comment

• bluesmanuk
                    bluesmanuk commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sounds great.

What is the little script that you use?

• bluesmanuk
                    bluesmanuk commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sounds great.

What is the little script that you use?

(I couldn't find how to respond to your comment, sorry for the double post)

Well it's as simple as this :
                  Code:
                  rm -f ./tmp/level2/system/aml_list_link
                  cp aml_list_link_backup ./tmp/level2/system/aml_link_list
                  I don't even know if the rm is necessary. Run it under the CT folder, with the backup as aml_link_list_backup (I'm using the CT on Linux with Wine)

Comment

Originally posted by natinusala View Post
                    (I couldn't find how to respond to your comment, sorry for the double post)

Well it's as simple as this :
                    Code:
                    rm -f ./tmp/level2/system/aml_list_link
                    cp aml_list_link_backup ./tmp/level2/system/aml_link_list
                    I don't even know if the rm is necessary. Run it under the CT folder, with the backup as aml_link_list_backup (I'm using the CT on Linux with Wine)
                    My fault for pressing the comment button instead of quote lol

Thank you for that.

I am sure that it will be a great time saver for many,

Comment

Hi I have a Mecool KM8 P 2GB/16GB which I wanted to flash with the following ROM (due to having same board)

However, it only lead to bricking it (after many tries and methods) and I had to flash back to stock by shorting the NAND emmc.

As I wanted the Android TV expereience the ROM developer suggested I should do the following:

You could try swapping out this system image in the latest KM8 P burn package using Amlogic Customization tool. Just click the Replace Uboot/Kernel option (level 1 unpack) for both .img files, swap the tmp/level1/system.PARTITION, and repack.

How do I go about that given that I have downloaded both the stock and the custom ROM? In simple steps if possible

Many thanks in advance

Comment

I have managed to copy your system.PARTITION to the KM8 P stock rom and repacked.

Unfortunately the image file is too big to flash with TWRP (size of image is larger than target device).
                        How can I convert the image to a flashable zip?

I am unable to flash the image with USB burning tool as my reset button is broken and the only way possible would be to open the device and short the NAND pins again, which I would rather avoid.

Comment

Originally posted by j0rdie View Post
                          I have managed to copy your system.PARTITION to the KM8 P stock rom and repacked.

Unfortunately the image file is too big to flash with TWRP (size of image is larger than target device).
                          How can I convert the image to a flashable zip?

I am unable to flash the image with USB burning tool as my reset button is broken and the only way possible would be to open the device and short the NAND pins again, which I would rather avoid.
                          Use the burn card maker method, where you can use an sd card to flash.

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

Use the burn card maker method, where you can use an sd card to flash.
                            Will give it a try tonight.

Will the burn card maker make a TWRP flashable zip as I no longer have the stock recovery installed?

Or do I have to reflash the stock recovery first to use the SD card?

Comment

Originally posted by j0rdie View Post

Will give it a try tonight.

Will the burn card maker make a TWRP flashable zip as I no longer have the stock recovery installed?

Or do I have to reflash the stock recovery first to use the SD card?
                              The burn card maker just flashes a firmware image, so whatever recovery is in the image will get flashed.

Once you have a working Android setup then you can go forward to install TWRP etc

Comment

Working...
                              X