Customization Tool 2.0.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really don't get this tool.
    I have no problems unpacking roms with it, but I can never repack them again. Not even if I make any changes to it.
    It crashes when it tries to pack "recovery" every time. Does anyone have any idea on how to solve this problem?

I have tried this on windows 7, windows 8 and windows 10, same problem on every computer.
    It says it crashes because of this dll-file: MSVCR100.dll. Which I also have re-installed via the distributables.
    Would really appreciate a solution to this. Been pulling my hair for two days.

Comment

I've been seeing crashes too, though they were on Linux using Wine. Are you trying to repack an Android 7 image ?

Comment

Originally posted by natinusala View Post
        I've been seeing crashes too, though they were on Linux using Wine. Are you trying to repack an Android 7 image ?
        Ah, I see. Yeah I've been trying to repack an Android 7 image. It's the stock-rom for the H96 pro plus that I'm trying to do some work on.
        It's a shame if all android 7+ experience these issues with this tool. I just don't get why it fails with the packing, when the unpacking works without any issues at all.

Comment

Make it in Linux and all will be fine

Neomode

Comment

Originally posted by neomode View Post
            Make it in Linux and all will be fine

Neomode
            Will definitely try that neomode. What Linux version do you recommend?

Comment

Any will do fine, you can go for the classic (X)Ubuntu or Debian. You can use my toolkit to unpack and repack images if you want, just search for linux-amlogic-toolkit

Comment

I would recommend BBQ Linux.
                it is based on Arch Linux and Setup for Android ROM Developer.
                Also look above in the Scrolle there we are featuring an Linux Tool for unpacking repack AML ROMs.

Regards
                Neomode

Comment

Originally posted by natinusala View Post
                  Any will do fine, you can go for the classic (X)Ubuntu or Debian. You can use my toolkit to unpack and repack images if you want, just search for linux-amlogic-toolkit
                  An wonderful Tool you have done!
                  One question i have about it.
                  Can it unpack the boot.partion?

Neomode

Comment

I did it by hand once to see how it worked, but I didn't bother including it in the toolkit. I figured that those who needed it knew how to do it without the toolkit, because you know that's some advanced stuff.

But if you need it or if you feel like others would need it, just tell me and I'll add it to the toolkit !

Comment

I think it would be great if you would add it to your Tool.
                      Cause people with less knowledge could also use it.

Regards
                      Neomode

Comment

Okay, I'll see when I can find time to update it, probably tomorrow

Comment

I added support for boot.img unpacking and repacking, do you want me to add initrd.img extraction too ?

Comment

That would be perfect from you!

Neomode

Comment

Unpacking the initrd and repacking it without touching anything produces a file of a different size (a few kb of difference), and it's enough to break the boot image ("updated is too big for the boot image"). The solution is to edit the bootimg.cfg file, but it has to be done by hand. As a result, I put it in a separate script, to avoid breaking everything for people who don't care about initrd.

Comment

Thank you, good Work!
                                That will be a total Time Saver.

Neomode

Comment

Working...
                                X