Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to flash through USB Burning Tool

Dear All,

I own a Tronsmart Telos, and suddenly the box halted, no more hdmi signal and no boot, tried reflashing stock rom, and I got this as you can see from the screenshot. Is there a way to force flash, btw is a S905 chip

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

I own the M8S Pro L and I'm having the same issues with the burning tool; or could be I'm doing something wrong. After loading the TV stock rom and staring the process, it stops within 5 to 10 seconds and gives me an error message. My box has the original software still loaded without any modifications. Should I wipe my box first before flashing it with the new image?

Comment

I have tested dozens of different TV boxes, Rockchip, Allwinner, AMLogic... I have bricked countless Rockchip boxes, all were easily re-flashed. I bricked a few Alwinner, I found working images for all of them.

I have bricked three AMLogic boxes...

All three are still bricks!

Tried various images with USB burning, everything errors out. Tried various boot card SD files, they lock up or don't boot.

I WILL NEVER buy another AMLogic box EVER again!!!!

Your best bet is to take the box apart and find a specific board version number and google that version for a firmware image. With any luck, you'll have better luck than I ever did.
      Last edited by relaxxxrrr; 12-25-2018, 22:43.

Comment

Originally posted by viggen66 View Post
        Dear All,

I own a Tronsmart Telos, and suddenly the box halted, no more hdmi signal and no boot, tried reflashing stock rom, and I got this as you can see from the screenshot. Is there a way to force flash, btw is a S905 chip

Hi ,

i am no AML Pro , but sure u must uncheck "Erase bootloader & reboot" , are u sure u

have the right Rom , but without it will never come up to 7% , i think ,

what about LibreElec , have it installed to internal on QBox / S905 too , works well , so

you dont have to trash them ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

info for librelec for s905/amlogic units
          images...
          https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...vega-s95/page1
          Amlogic Meson8, GXBB, GXL, GXM, G12A/B and SM1 builds

alternative
          Lakka is a lightweight Linux distribution based on RetroArch that transforms a small computer like a Raspberry Pi into a full blown retrogaming console.

tool to make sdcard

Note.. libreelec can run/boot from the made sdcard... without destroying the preinstalled android
          Its a good way of testing -if you like it -if all the hardware runs

cheers

Comment

Working...
          X