Draco AW80 - Android OS / Launcher / UI.... issues feedback here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Draco AW80 - Android OS / Launcher / UI.... issues feedback here

I start some explicit threads to sort all issues and feedbacks from the beginning...
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

FYI
    Originally posted by alwaysbless View Post
    ...For instance, it looks like my screen is zoomed out at all times and all icons and text are so small they are barely readable unless im standing in front of the tv or set the font size to 'HUGE'. Its also a tablet rom so it has the status bar at the top which is REALLY unreadable since the icons are even smaller then the ones in the app drawers or on the main screen.
    :
    Update: Setting density from 160 to 240 in the build prop sizing issues with icons and video quality for the most part but there still is room for improvement in panning scenes. ...
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Within netflix the auto-hiding of the status bar also messes with the playback menu (e.g. If I click anywhere on the screen to bring it up it will appear and then re-auto hide). I remember this issue from other devices also and there was an option with the settings menu to disable but it doesnt look like this boxes firmware has that option.

Comment

I myself have no use for the OS's on-screen navigation bar, which causes problems in XBMC as well as Netflix.

On the other hand, its display controls include not only the usual Brightness feature, but also Contrast and Saturation, which are great.

Attached Files

Comment

sixaxis

Has anyone tested the sixaxis bluetooth app on the draco yet, It works on all rockchip devices perfect, It don't work on any amlogic device just Wodered if it woks on the draco allwinner
          Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Originally posted by blinkone View Post
            Has anyone tested the sixaxis bluetooth app on the draco yet, It works on all rockchip devices perfect, It don't work on any amlogic device just Wodered if it woks on the draco allwinner

Yep its working. I was playing MC4 earlier using my ps3 controller.

Comment

Ok, 160 to 240 is an interims but not really nice!

Does anyone find a way to disable this annoying sound at every mouse-click?
              I'm missing something like this
              Settings -> [DEVICE] -> Sound => Touch Sounds

I'm also missing
              Settings -> [DEVICE] -> USB -> Connect to PC
              maybe because of missing OTG at Android?
              RK3288 Devices
              - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post

I'm also missing
                Settings -> [DEVICE] -> USB -> Connect to PC
                maybe because of missing OTG at Android?
                I´m missing too that option into Settings (USB -> Connect to PC).

The stock firmware as well lack of "Live Wallpapers" which can be solved installing 3rd party Live Wall Papers but the ones that I had tried none of them had worked (i.e, Magic Smoke 3D Live Wallpaper) which apparently install, but when it´s going to be run or set up just comes an error message saying "app not installed" after that do nothing; this is a problem on the original fw.

Comment

Originally posted by BTR11 View Post
                  I´m missing too that option into Settings (USB -> Connect to PC).

This does not exist in a 4.4 media device anymore. The way you connect to PC is Settings>storage and in the upper right of the screen click the 3 vertical dots. Select MTP or camera device. If one is check it should connect to the PC. BUT it doesn't work right now because none of the USB ports are defined as an OTG port. I will fix that next ROM.

Bob
                  "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                  "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                  "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                  "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                  "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                  "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                  "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                  "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                  "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                    This does not exist in a 4.4 media device anymore. The way you connect to PC is Settings>storage and in the upper right of the screen click the 3 vertical dots. Select MTP or camera device. If one is check it should connect to the PC. BUT it doesn't work right now because none of the USB ports are defined as an OTG port. I will fix that next ROM.

Bob
                    Good to know it, thanks for the info.

Comment

Settings -> ACCOUNTS -> + Add account -> 'Google'

I find no way to generate a new Google account (only able to use an existing account) because it crashes after entering First/Last (not really crashing but goes back to the screen where I can select Existing/New at 'Google' or back to settings)....
                      Attached Files
                      RK3288 Devices
                      - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Zooming out in Google Earth/Maps

The Google Earth and Maps apps that load on the Draco seem to be for tablets with touchscreens and though I can zoom in by repeated mouse clicks on the map, I can't find a way to zoom back out. I have tried a Tronsmart TSMG62C air mouse and also a desktop bluetooth wheel mouse hoping that turning the wheel would make it zoom out, but it didn't. Any suggestions? I am on the stock rom.

Comment

NFS - no kernel support

I'm missing NFS support at kernel:

Code:
                          busybox mount -t nfs 192.168.2.1:/nfs-share /mnt/nfs-share -o ro,intr,soft,udp,nolock,rsize=8192,wsize=8192
                          mount: mounting 192.168.2.1:/nfs-share on /mnt/nfs-share failed: [B]Protocol not supported[/B]
                          (I don't understand why at every TV media box I tested in the past never at the beginning nfs support exist?)
                          RK3288 Devices
                          - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

system freezes

Sometimes the system freezes with grey screen during video watching at stock xbmc (didn't often use mx player) but the TV doesn't lost signal...
                            (can't get dmesg and logcat because also the network isn't any longer available...)
                            RK3288 Devices
                            - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                              Does anyone find a way to disable this annoying sound at every mouse-click?
                              if you havent found out already, here is an easy way to do it:
                              download the attached empty ogg file.
                              on your box, navigate to /system/media/audio/ui and overwrite the existing Effect_Tick.ogg.
                              if not already, set permissions to 644.
                              reboot, click is gone!

you can of course rename that file and eliminate any other disturbing ui audio effect.

just deleting the ui sound should also work(i think) but i thought replacing it would be nicer.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X