No announcement yet.

Draco AW80 - Multimedia playback and XBMC issue & feedback here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for that response and insight. I'm now certain you'll see a major improvement with these two tweaks, dpi at 240 and - most important - libstagefright off.

Next, we should try to develop an advancedsettings.xml tuned to this box that improves video buffering, now that high bitrate files can be streamed painlessly..

Comment

Originally posted by Zahir View Post
      How'd you like that Richard Parker, Bob? Quite something, for a CGI tiger, huh?

Glad that your evening was glitch-free. In the end, it's about enjoying what the moment brings. (I think 1Channel streams in 480 or 720p, not 1080p, where our issues are noticeable).
      Which story do you like?

Me.... I know the second was the truth..... Yet the story of the tiger was good.....

Life.... and how you like to tell it....

Cloud Atlas was strange.... Guess you have to believe in reincarnation! I for one do not.

I do not understand this skipping and stuttering issue as I have not seen it. Just watched tonight the last week playing of Bing Bang with NO issues! I am scratching my head

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Pi: while I suspected that the second tale was true, it had me praying that the first was - which was the point of the yarn, I guess.

Stutter: it's an observable issue with high bitrate files that's apparent to a number of us. The libstagefright fix makes a large positive difference. Take a look at some jellyfish.

Comment

i have just installed tvaddons fork and that looks promising!
          First thing i tried on genesis runs smooth!! ? no more stutter(freez, its more like it freezes, like every 2 seconds it freezes 0.01second)

I noticed that preparing for first run takes a lot more time, 30 seconds+ where on other devices its less then 10?

edit: ha, think i found it, stutter on my end comes with stereo upmix
          Last edited by MAS; 11-18-2014, 11:26.
          Uno MAS
          Raspberry pi 2 > osmc
          Ouya
          Vega s89H > finless 2.1
          Minix X8-H plus
          rii i8+ & rii i25A & Yatse

Comment

Originally posted by MAS View Post
            i have just installed tvaddons fork and that looks promising!
            First thing i tried on genesis runs smooth!! ? no more stutter(freez, its more like it freezes, like every 2 seconds it freezes 0.01second)

I noticed that preparing for first run takes a lot more time, 30 seconds+ where on other devices its less then 10?
            Are you referring to how TVMC takes a little time to set up? Yes it does, because it is setting up to install add-ons built into it.

Have you tried turning off libstagefright? That should pretty well fix your micro-stutter/freeze issues.

Comment

No i mean the 1st run after installing any kodi. The preparing for first run.

I tried the lib. that did something but it appears my stutter comes with enabling stereo upmix
              Uno MAS
              Raspberry pi 2 > osmc
              Ouya
              Vega s89H > finless 2.1
              Minix X8-H plus

Comment

With libstagefright turned off: very smooth panning in the opening scenes of A Christmas Carol (2009) at 1080p. Note the number of CPU cores engaged !

Still some skipping, but not noticeable.

Attached Files

Comment

With libstagefright turned off: very smooth panning in the opening scenes of A Christmas Carol (2009) at 1080p. Note the number of CPU cores engaged !

Great find! The amazon fire tv had a similar problem and could only use mediacodec as well! Im gonna test this on my end too and see if i notice any improvement.

Comment

wow, look at all the cores , mine just uses 2 on what i tried, libstage on or off..
                    Uno MAS
                    Raspberry pi 2 > osmc
                    Ouya
                    Vega s89H > finless 2.1
                    Minix X8-H plus

Comment

@alwaysbless, nice to see you on here. From previous experience, I know your eyes see what mine do - and another pair on this fix is helpful.

Does turning off stereo upmix and downmix as well improve things even further?

@MAS, to see the cores engaged, switch to the Eminence skin.

Comment

@alwaysbless, nice to see you on here. From previous experience, I know your eyes see what mine do - and another pair on this fix is helpful.

Does turning off stereo upmix and downmix as well improve things even further?

@MAS, to see the cores engaged, switch to the Eminence skin.
                        i press "o" on keyboard during playback
                        my kodi uses 2 cpu's until now
                        Uno MAS
                        Raspberry pi 2 > osmc
                        Ouya
                        Vega s89H > finless 2.1
                        Minix X8-H plus

Comment

Hi all, I have a problem with Kodi Beta 3 ( Link : http://kodi.tv/download/)
                          I tested with "Finless ROM 1.0 - BETA" a video 720p with DD sata.

setting/System/Setting Level Expert/Audio output :

(libstagrefright activate or no, it's the same)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          With this configuration, DTS 5.1 is ok, but video stutter.

Enable passthrough -------------------> on

Dolby Digital (AC3) capable receveir --> on
                          - Enable Dolby Digital transcoding ----> on
                          DTS capable receiver ------------------> off

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          With this configuration, DTS 5.1 does not work, but video is perfect.

Enable passthrough -------------------> on

Dolby Digital (AC3) capable receveir --> on
                          - Enable Dolby Digital transcoding ----> off
                          DTS capable receiver ------------------> off

Comment

I don't own this box yet ... But observation from my side is that libstagefright had to be turned off with the XBMC video addons on my S802 box, I tested this on my old box into oblivion and sometimes forgot to disable it. Sounds like Allwinner suffers from the same issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for weighing in with some history..

Comment

I also might "need" this device for Xmas, so it needs to be ready when I do 😄

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X