Draco AW80 - Multimedia playback and XBMC issue & feedback here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dlangejc View Post
    @Finless That's good news for us then, I was just a little cautious. So no shorting of pins on the PCB to get it to flash. ... Nice 😎

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I think the reset button does this NAND pin short for you in a way. If you want to relate it like RockChip or AML style anyway.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Good to know the exit sign is well marked and always on. Pity they stuffed the reset button under the box, 'tho. Makes juggling power cord, button press and usb that much more of a fumble.

I guess that's why we have opposable thumbs..

Comment

as far as i know, tronsmart and all winner are working hard on the linux image right now

they already get the GPU drivers from Imagination, and they are trying to make the GPU working in the linux, but they can't promise it will be finished at the end of this month, but they will try their best.

and i am looking serious for all of the problems you guys report, and transfer to them.

if you report the video problem, please make sure let me know which video you use for testing? and besides the eyes, do you have other tools to check the stuffer or frame skip?

Eric
        Looking for developers
        http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

That's exciting news about the Linux image, Eric, thank you very much for the update.

I have read that, up till now, Linux builds for a80 boards (Cubieboard; Optimus) have not managed to get hardware acceleration on the GPU working because they could not obtain the PowerVR drivers. It seems that Tronsmart have succeeded in doing that. Bravo. This means that Tronsmart will have the first completely functional Linux firmware for a80 devices in the world. Of course, building and testing may require a bit more time, but the wait will be worth it. I shall certainly migrate from Android to Linux as soon as possible.

We've been using XBMC's debug function ("O" on the keyboard) to check for dropped or skipped frames. Tronsmart engineers will also know about Systrace which is a tool for analyzing the video performance of applications. Perhaps they could run the tool with XBMC playing those high bitrate jellyfish files?

Comment

Hi geekbuying, I have a problem with Kodi Beta 3 ( Link : http://kodi.tv/download/)
            I tested with "Finless ROM 1.0 - BETA" a video 720p with DD sata.

setting/System/Setting Level Expert/Audio output :

(libstagrefright activate or no, it's the same)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            With this configuration, DTS 5.1 is ok, but video stutter.

Enable passthrough -------------------> on

Dolby Digital (AC3) capable receveir --> on
            - Enable Dolby Digital transcoding ----> on
            DTS capable receiver ------------------> off

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            With this configuration, DTS 5.1 does not work, but video is perfect.

- Enable Dolby Digital transcoding ----> off

I already posted the message but, I is not had a reply you know why there is the problem in XBMC?

PS : for the linux, the dual boot will be possible?

Comment

Originally posted by Moulin1980 View Post
              Hi geekbuying, I have a problem with Kodi Beta 3 ( Link : http://kodi.tv/download/)
              I tested with "Finless ROM 1.0 - BETA" a video 720p with DD sata.

setting/System/Setting Level Expert/Audio output :

(libstagrefright activate or no, it's the same)

With this configuration, DTS 5.1 is ok, but video stutter.

- Enable Dolby Digital transcoding ----> on

With this configuration, DTS 5.1 does not work, but video is perfect.

- Enable Dolby Digital transcoding ----> off

I already posted the message but, I is not had a reply you know why there is the problem in XBMC?

PS : for the linux, the dual boot will be possible?
              That audio setting is giving same problem on stock rom with kodi helix alpha3.

On my good old pc's i remember that when soundcard driver was no good, it would mess up vid aswell
              Uno MAS
              Raspberry pi 2 > osmc
              Ouya
              Vega s89H > finless 2.1
              Minix X8-H plus
              rii i8+ & rii i25A & Yatse

Comment

Originally posted by geekbuying View Post
                as far as i know, tronsmart and all winner are working hard on the linux image right now

they already get the GPU drivers from Imagination, and they are trying to make the GPU working in the linux, but they can't promise it will be finished at the end of this month, but they will try their best.

and i am looking serious for all of the problems you guys report, and transfer to them.

if you report the video problem, please make sure let me know which video you use for testing? and besides the eyes, do you have other tools to check the stuffer or frame skip?.

Eric
                Tell them to use the o button in xbmc with the big buck bunny 1080p@60fps video - in my tests it had dropped over 1000 frames in like the first minute of playback. If they cannot get gpu working correctly in android I doubt Linux will be any better. I wish they would focus on 1 thing at a time with these boxes smh

Comment

Octa

Big Buck @ 1080/60 fps would be a good test. Hitting "O" can show a lot. For example, this confirms we have 8...

(Different 1080p video, libstagefright off. Guess the box thinks the lady is hot)
                  Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20141124_190219.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	210.3 KB
ID:	435393Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20141124_190315.jpg
Size:	158.2 KB
ID:	435394

same addon(ustvnow) 750kbps, same version kodi, the draco has a green bar at the bottem, the other is my vega s89H (finless 2.0)

video callibration on the draco shows picture perfect centered
                    i use 1080p 60hz

is it just me? did i change something i shouldnt?

the green bar is anoying, my plasma tv no like
                    Uno MAS
                    Raspberry pi 2 > osmc
                    Ouya
                    Vega s89H > finless 2.1
                    Minix X8-H plus

Comment

Originally posted by MAS View Post
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]8932[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8933[/ATTACH]

same addon(ustvnow) 750kbps, same version kodi, the draco has a green bar at the bottem, the other is my vega s89H (finless 2.0)

video callibration on the draco shows picture perfect centered
                      i use 1080p 60hz

is it just me? did i change something i shouldnt?

the green bar is anoying, my plasma tv no like
                      Probably due to the nav bar, I haven't seen green like yours but I have noticed a weird blur effect with some apps / videos in that same area.

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysbless View Post
                        Probably due to the nav bar, I haven't seen green like yours but I have noticed a weird blur effect with some apps / videos in that same area.
                        yea i have also seen that blur you mention.

its weird, when i change stream quality to 400 both do get green bar on the right side of the screen
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20141125_015507.jpg
Size:	166.3 KB
ID:	435397

but when i change to 750kbps again its back at the bottem on the draco and not on the vega.. lol

edit: on my samsung note 3 there is no green bar at all
                        Uno MAS
                        Raspberry pi 2 > osmc
                        Ouya
                        Vega s89H > finless 2.1
                        Minix X8-H plus

Comment

Hi, has there been any developments with Koying and the libstagefright GPU workaround?

Comment

Originally posted by Wiing View Post
                            Hi, has there been any developments with Koying and the libstagefright GPU workaround?
                            Afraid not. He hasn't replied.
                            Possibly not having one of these boxes hampers what he can do.

Comment

I have the same problem as alwaysbless, with the video streaming 720p/1080p ( kodi/xbmc ) ;
                              -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              "Probably due to the nav bar, I haven't seen green like yours but I have noticed a weird blur effect with some apps / videos in that same area."
                              -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is, also, the problem of DTS, When I Activate the " passthrough and Enable Dolby Digital transcoding ",
                              the audio DTS 5.1 work, but the video, stutter.

geekbuying, Do you know this problem?

Comment

Small problem playing video, with MXplayer and kodi

the video in streaming 720p/1080P with mxplayer and (kodi with DTS enable),
                                is a small problem with playing video, When there are rapid action in the film.

I use version ( MX Player v1.7.32 ).

Someone noticed too?

Comment

Working...
                                X