Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moulin1980 View Post
    the video in streaming 720p/1080P with mxplayer and (kodi with DTS enable),
    is a small problem with playing video, When there are rapid action in the film.

I use version ( MX Player v1.7.32 ).

Someone noticed too?
    i've tested with several 1080p dts mkv and mp4, i didnt noticed any problem in rapid action scenes.
    Also tested x265 1080p, kodi very stuttering, but in mx player, stutter a little and dts is ok.

mx player v1.7.32 stock rom.
    watched from network.

Comment

So yesterday I tried a RAW DVD play. Basically a ripped DVD and I just copied all the IFO and VOB files to a folder on external SDcard. Stock Video Player and MX player will play VOB files fine and even skip to the next VOB in the chain. So that part worked well.

BUT.... frame skipping jumping was present and noticable. It's like the frame rate issues we saw on S802 early on. e.g. the frame buffer is updating 60fps but the DVD is 23.976 FPS and it is not dealing with that well. It's like the buffer fills, writes to display, fills, etc. As many know devices over the last 2 years all came out with frame skipping, micro skipping, whatever you want to call it. Eventually it all got fixed. Hoping AllWinner seriously looks at this issue and solves it..... The speed of Wifi and Ethernet on this box is awesome so this should never be a cause for buffering unlike many other boxes/platforms.

Also Eric... would be nice to have sources so the Dev's here can have at it too!

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Can the Draco do frequency switching? Like the Amlogic s802 boxes?

Comment

If someone will find out the correct directory (where to write the resolution/frequency and the format), I think yes, why not, also implemented jet at rk32(1)88 devices...
          RK3288 Devices
          - Overview BOX (LINK !)
          - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
          UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
            So yesterday I tried a RAW DVD play. Basically a ripped DVD and I just copied all the IFO and VOB files to a folder on external SDcard. Stock Video Player and MX player will play VOB files fine and even skip to the next VOB in the chain. So that part worked well.

BUT.... frame skipping jumping was present and noticable. It's like the frame rate issues we saw on S802 early on. e.g. the frame buffer is updating 60fps but the DVD is 23.976 FPS and it is not dealing with that well. It's like the buffer fills, writes to display, fills, etc. As many know devices over the last 2 years all came out with frame skipping, micro skipping, whatever you want to call it. Eventually it all got fixed. Hoping AllWinner seriously looks at this issue and solves it..... The speed of Wifi and Ethernet on this box is awesome so this should never be a cause for buffering unlike many other boxes/platforms.

Also Eric... would be nice to have sources so the Dev's here can have at it too!

Bob
            Hi bob

Already PM you the SDK, please check if that is the one you need.

thanks
            Eric
            Looking for developers
            http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
              If someone will find out the correct directory (where to write the resolution/frequency and the format), I think yes, why not, also implemented jet at rk32(1)88 devices...
              Fingers crossed this happens. (For a nex-gen box, the Draco lacks some key basics out of the box - like HDMI-CEC and frequency switching).

Comment

Comparing this boxes XBMC / Video performance with the Neo X8-H Plus I have to say the draco aw80 loses by a significant margin =/ Eric @ Geekbuying you might wanna have your people compare roms (if that can even help) or take a look at the soc their using because they nailed it.

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysbless View Post
                  Comparing this boxes XBMC / Video performance with the Neo X8-H Plus I have to say the draco aw80 loses by a significant margin =/ Eric @ Geekbuying you might wanna have your people compare roms (if that can even help) or take a look at the soc their using because they nailed it.
                  Would you be so kind to create a comparison chart of your current Android boxes. Video play back, HDMI passthrough, ect. Maybe the pros and cons of each device. Also the ease of updating the ROM.

Thanks
                  MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysbless View Post
                    I think it's not fair to compare the neo x8-h plus with its best advantage (S812 IS REALLY DOING GOOD ON VIDEO PLAY BACK) and the draco aw80 with the short, (allwinner a80 can't support 4k h.254 this is chip problem)

we will try our best to push factory to improve the video playback,but i have to say, NEO X8-H PLUS must do better in the video playback, i have to admit that. but draco aw80 bring you more possible in linux and android tv os.

again,it's not meaning we won't improve the video playback. we will try, but sometimes the cpu decides something.

hope you understand.

Eric
                    Looking for developers
                    http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

Shouldn't we see real improvements in video playback once that PowerVR GPU is optimized? It's supposed to be one of the best video processors available..

The trouble is, our box originates in a bunch of development boards that were not intended for media consumption - Cubieboard8, Allwinner a80 Optimus and PCDuino. You can see those origins in the Draco's semi-industrial design and in the absence of living room conveniences such as HDMI-CEC. And though these boards have been around for almost a year, it seems developers didn't have access to the PowerVR drivers. So video development has suffered.

But Tronsmart does have such access now; the question is, will they be motivated to break through, using their advantage. My personal view is that a slick, h/w accelerated Linux build could retrieve the Draco. Look at how OpenElec saved the M8.

Comment

Originally posted by geekbuying View Post
                        I think it's not fair to compare the neo x8-h plus with its best advantage (S812 IS REALLY DOING GOOD ON VIDEO PLAY BACK) and the draco aw80 with the short, (allwinner a80 can't support 4k h.254 this is chip problem)
                        Not only this, it's also not fair to compare a SoC which already exists since maybe a 3/4 year (the s812 is only the big brother of the s802, so amlogic was able to learn during the time to fix something but last but not least not all video issues) with one which is, especially at TV STB (box), totally new...

EDIT
                        BTW: most of the problems happens at XBMC and I have to say, it's maybe nice to have XBMC with all the add-on (especially also the illegal stuff which I don't use) but at any devices I tested XBMC it looses if I compare it with MX Player (Pro)... and also last but not least at every new platform, at the first month (at s802 till now), there are a lot of problems with XBMC...
                        RK3288 Devices
                        - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by Zahir View Post
                          ... My personal view is that a slick, h/w accelerated Linux build could retrieve the Draco. Look at how OpenElec saved the M8.
                          Yes, but especially at square M8 because of the eny shit... I know how long you guys waiting for an acceptable solution and how happy you are becuase of the work by codesnake
                          RK3288 Devices
                          - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Originally posted by geekbuying View Post

we will try our best to push factory to improve the video playback,but i have to say, NEO X8-H PLUS must do better in the video playback, i have to admit that. but draco aw80 bring you more possible in linux and android tv os.

again,it's not meaning we won't improve the video playback. we will try, but sometimes the cpu decides something.

hope you understand.

Eric
                            So in other words? Tough luck and have fun with a box that MIGHT get better but also might not?
                            I dont feel like waiting (weeks/months) to get a propper working box.

**hits himself AGAIN for selling his minix 8 and throwing away 199$ **
                            Why on earth are they releasing?

Think i might go into buisness myself, produce a car and sell it without an engine and then tell customers to either wait for an engine or build it themselfs. sighs..
                            Uno MAS
                            Raspberry pi 2 > osmc
                            Ouya
                            Vega s89H > finless 2.1
                            Minix X8-H plus
                            rii i8+ & rii i25A & Yatse

Comment

Alwinner openpctv (XBMC +VD+ENIGMA2 gruploader)

I downloaded openpctv source
                              Get OpenPCTV source from git:
                              git clone git://git.code.sf.net/p/openpctv/code openpctv-cod
                              Openpctv is xbmc, vdr and enigma2 based linux. support alwinner a10 and a20 furthermore alot of arm cpu (support amlogic 8726mx but unfinished). openpctv not only linux xbmc of openelec. only need a80 vpu and gpu driver for adoptation for linux. may be some body achievement.

Comment

Originally posted by MAS View Post
                                ... Think i might go into buisness myself, produce a car and sell it without an engine and then tell customers to either wait for an engine or build it themselfs. sighs..
                                In Germany we had have it at the past http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trabant
                                But again, most of the problems we discuss are related to XBMC and it's also up to them to produce a working piece of software (instead of having again and again problems with the h/w-accelaration using the libs)...
                                RK3288 Devices
                                - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Working...
                                X