Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
    In Germany we had have it at the past http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trabant
    But again, most of the problems we discuss are related to XBMC and it's also up to them to produce a working piece of software (instead of having again and again problems with the h/w-accelaration using the libs)...
    ROFL ja lang lebe das Trabi

Kodi *

I was hoping rc1 would bring improvement but the 1/2inch of blur at the bottem (60" tv) still remains and playback also not smooth, dts enabled still makes things worse.
    It still does not "see" my 5ghz network channel

Im no dev, just an end user who knows where to look for answers, so weither it is Kodi, vidcard driver, soundcard, gigabit internet or the android os is beyond me. All i want is a working device hehe
    Uno MAS
    Raspberry pi 2 > osmc
    Ouya
    Vega s89H > finless 2.1
    Minix X8-H plus
    rii i8+ & rii i25A & Yatse

Comment

@Taki, thanks for the very interesting post.

Hope you don't mind, I've drawn it to Tronsmart's attention in their own forum.
      OpenElec on the Draco could answer justified criticisms of its XBMC performance.

Comment

Originally posted by geekbuying View Post
        I think it's not fair to compare the neo x8-h plus with its best advantage (S812 IS REALLY DOING GOOD ON VIDEO PLAY BACK) and the draco aw80 with the short, (allwinner a80 can't support 4k h.254 this is chip problem)

we will try our best to push factory to improve the video playback,but i have to say, NEO X8-H PLUS must do better in the video playback, i have to admit that. but draco aw80 bring you more possible in linux and android tv os.

again,it's not meaning we won't improve the video playback. we will try, but sometimes the cpu decides something.

hope you understand.

Eric
        Hi Eric,

Your statement it´s very difficult to understand, and much harder to accept it; being you here at this forum, the official voice & the official seller of this Draco AW80 and being aware of the current defficiencies on video playback side, specially Kodi/XBMC related, it would be appreciatted for us the buyers/owners of Draco AW80 you manage to get improvements from into Tronsmart (to get sooner the fixes from Allwinner for the SoC and specially for the GPU/VPU) and get with Kodi´s devs, that this Allwinner A80 SoC can be fined tuned HW accel wise and included for the upcoming Final Kodi which must be very soon released after the last RC1.
        I hope I do not need to go back to any Minix product, if was enough for me with Neo X7 and Minix management (and agressiveness with the customers); DracoAW80 must be shining on the side of Video Playback if Allwinner & Tronsamrt & Geekbuying can work and push in the right direction; it´s no reasonable to say that a TV Box like Draco is, has a mediocre video playback capabilities, just please develop properly this new product; I´m still waiting mine (Meta & Telos versions). Hope you don´t give up.

Comment

is it true allwinner is on bad terms with kodi devs?
          Tronsmart Vega S89 Elite Amlogic S802 with finless2.0

Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta Allwinner A80 Octa Core finless1.0

Comment

3d playback in kodi RC2

Hi, any one had much experience with 3d playback in Kodi. I find that it has a shadow effect, like the 2 pictures are too far apart. I had a similar issue on minx x7 prior to putting on a custom rom and no issues at all on x8 (stock/latest roms)
            . Overall this box (just got the 4gig version and on stock rom) is great but would like to know if I am missing a setting or its just the way it is for now. I have tried adjusting tv options but that does not help. Any advise would be great

Comment

Does this box have the potential for HDMI-CEC?

Comment

I think it's not fair to compare the neo x8-h plus with its best advantage (S812 IS REALLY DOING GOOD ON VIDEO PLAY BACK) and the draco aw80 with the short, (allwinner a80 can't support 4k h.254 this is chip problem)

we will try our best to push factory to improve the video playback,but i have to say, NEO X8-H PLUS must do better in the video playback, i have to admit that. but draco aw80 bring you more possible in linux and android tv os.

again,it's not meaning we won't improve the video playback. we will try, but sometimes the cpu decides something.

hope you understand.

Eric
                Well what me or you think is fair does not really matter people are going to compare these boxes no matter what especially since they are coming to the market at the same time and people are concerned about making the best purchase. I was simply trying to point out that whatever changes their rom has over the dracos may be worth looking into, hopefully its not a hardware issue as the soc on the aw80 is a beast and I think we all have high hopes for it in the future.

Comment

I agree: unfortunately, "fairness" is beside the point. Tech-world is a competitive market: the Allwinner a80-PowerVR g6230 combo will either come up to speed fast, or get pushed aside. It will depend on how much real development goes into optimizing video performance. The box excels in network performance; it runs nice and cool; it's built sturdily; and - despite not having the fastest emmc memory - the CPU flies. What's missing is however quite clear after comparing how smoothly video runs on the Fire TV, the Minix or the M8 (with the right rom).

We should club together for a cash prize to the first developer who puts a clean port of OpenElec on the Draco.

Comment

hope you understand.

Eric

I just bought a unit from geekbuying.com. I'm thoroughly confused and feeling misled by the advertising of the product. The product webpage says allwinner a80 supports 4k h.254 and I'm reading here a80 does not support 4k h.254.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mxwpg4ytb7jpy80/Capture.PNG?dl=0

Comment

Re: Draco AW80 - Multimedia playback and XBMC issue & feedback here

Originally posted by Zone View Post

I just bought a unit from geekbuying.com. I'm thoroughly confused and feeling misled by the advertising of the product. The product webpage says allwinner a80 supports 4k h.254 and I'm reading here a80 does not support 4k h.254.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mxwpg4ytb7jpy80/Capture.PNG?dl=0

As I understand it, it does do 4k H.265,but only in software, not HW accelerated.

Comment

Originally posted by Zahir View Post

We should club together for a cash prize to the first developer who puts a clean port of OpenElec on the Draco.
                        LOL yea right, geekbuying and tronsmart can pick up that tab

Is it a sure thing that it will all work with openelec?.

hehe ordered a shjt load of fireworks for newyears eve so if its not working, i'll send it to outer space.
                        Uno MAS
                        Raspberry pi 2 > osmc
                        Ouya
                        Vega s89H > finless 2.1
                        Minix X8-H plus
                        rii i8+ & rii i25A & Yatse

Comment

Originally posted by mstormo View Post
                          As I understand it, it does do 4k H.265,but only in software, not HW accelerated.
                          Then correct me if I'm wrong h.254. is the hardware that supposed to do the accelerating. 4k H.265 apparently isn't supported therefore software acceleration being used?

Comment

Originally posted by MAS View Post
                            LOL yea right, geekbuying and tronsmart can pick up that tab

Is it a sure thing that it will all work with openelec?.

hehe ordered a shjt load of fireworks for newyears eve so if its not working, i'll send it to outer space.
                            Well, OpenElec isn't a cure-all - but if it's done right, it can invigorate a platform. I have had it running on an M8 and on a Zotac Nano: in both cases, it raised XBMC performance markedly. And being very lean, it runs pretty fast. Yes, I'd run it on the Draco in a heart-beat - if I could.

Comment

Originally posted by Zone View Post
                              Then correct me if I'm wrong h.254. is the hardware that supposed to do the accelerating. 4k H.265 apparently isn't supported therefore software acceleration being used?
                              H.254 is nothing, someone must have misspelled it.

There's H.264 (MPEG-4 Part 10) & H.265 (HEVC or MPEG-H Part 2), where H.265 was the tentative name for the project which in ended 2010 up with the final name HEVC (High Efficiency Video Coding). None of these names indicate anything about hardware versus software implementation, and if a product is HEVC capable, it just means it's able to decode H.265/HEVC (hopefully) at a usable rate. The best would be in hardware of course, but the DivX guys were able to do 4K at 29.6 fps on an Intel i7 (3.5GHz) one year ago, and 1080p @ 101.5fps.

Allwinner specifies that the A80 (which is a A15 + A7, in ARM big.LITTLE config, where _I think_ it's set up in MP mode so it's capable of using all cores at the same time) is capable of decoding HEVC/H.265 (licensed) and VP9 (free, open-source) in 1080p@30fps, while H.264 (licensed) and VP8 (free, open-source) supports upto 4Kx2K@30fps.

Hope that clears it up!

Comment

This may also help to clarify http://www.allwinnertech.com/en/clq/processora/A80.html

Comment

Working...
                                X