Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fatbasket View Post
    Very informative, thank you!

So it does have a dedicated hardware video decoder on the cpu. So my original concern is still valid?

Comment

Just received finally the Draco AW80 Meta; running stock FW, uninstall Kodi Alpha 3 from stock, and install latest Kodi RC2 last nightly and copied from the other TV box the "addons" and "user data" folders previously back up; I was expecting much worse performance accordlying to previous reports, but I had to say it´s not that bad, it´s acceptable in 720p and 1080p; in fact I had experienced some more stutter, jumps and frame to frame playback probs on some SD content. I trust the potential of this box, I´m using a simple HDMI setup to TV, not extra audio equipment attached to the Box, not using PT as well. The good network performance from the Box help to the performance; may be a dedicated HW accel codec/module from Allwinner / Kodi devs if can be developed can boost the video playback capabilities, BTW I´m liking the Box.

Comment

DTS and DD passthrough

I noticed that dts ans dd passthrough (optical spdif) function only in XBMC/Kodi version included in the original ROM. I have a dts/dolby digital capable receiver and it detects/plays ok. If I install any other version of XBMC/KODI from the official site, the passthrough does not work anymore (detected and played as Stereo on my receiver). Also it seems it brokes something in the original configuration. I did a backup first of original XBMC (included in ROM) and when I restored it after install latest Kodi RC3, it did not passthrough anymore. So what's the solution? It's very unpleasant because I must reflash the ROM every time I update XBMC and discover it does not passthrough....I want 5.1 sound...

Comment

Originally posted by modream View Post
          ... So what's the solution? ....I want 5.1 sound...
          pray that the people at tronsmart finally get of their a.. and get us a good working rom.
          Uno MAS
          Raspberry pi 2 > osmc
          Ouya
          Vega s89H > finless 2.1
          Minix X8-H plus
          rii i8+ & rii i25A & Yatse

Comment

governor performance

Testing at
            1080P@60Hz
            with external HDD at USB 2.0

I have to say at governor performance (not tested with interactive) the result at the stock rom with stock Kodi isn't so bad as I often read:

Of cause there are some drops and skips after 10 minutes but after 20 minutes it has 17 skips...

Also have a look at Jellyfish 120 Mbps
            (http://jell.yfish.us/)

Ok, 60 FPS is another story
            (http://bbb3d.renderfarming.net/download.html)

(At the capture at that moment only 18.11 fps but normaly it is at ~40-60)

Elephants Dream 1080P AVI (MPEG)
            (http://www.openbeelden.nl/media/9261...Dream#download)

Planet Earth From Pole to Pole 1080p
            (http://www.mediafire.com/download/td...80p_sample.mkv)

Tears of Steel (H.256)
            (http://www.libde265.org/blog/2014/02...c-performance/)
            And H.265 is also another story (but much more better than at stock kodi at rk3288 )

And last but not least, it's Kodi (we discuss it before)...

Click image for larger version

Name:	AW80_S_kodi_perform.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	176.9 KB
ID:	435610 Click image for larger version

Name:	AW80_S_kodi_perform_2.jpg
Size:	154.2 KB
ID:	435611 Click image for larger version

Name:	AW80_S_kodi_perform_3.jpg
Size:	195.0 KB
ID:	435612 Click image for larger version

Name:	AW80_S_kodi_perform_4.jpg
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	435614 Click image for larger version

Name:	AW80_S_kodi_perform_5.jpg
Size:	219.0 KB
ID:	435615 Click image for larger version

Name:	AW80_S_kodi_perform_6.jpg
Size:	144.2 KB
ID:	435616 Click image for larger version

Name:	AW80_S_kodi_perform_7.jpg
Size:	160.5 KB
ID:	435617
            Last edited by no_spam_for_me; 12-17-2014, 11:20.
            RK3288 Devices
            - Overview BOX (LINK !)
            - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
            UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
            Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
            Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
            Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
              I have to say at governor performance (not tested with interactive) the result at the stock rom with stock Kodi isn't so bad as I often re....
              That is in a test, try daily use, a lot of sources (addons) produce a blur at the bottem of the screen, try with passthrough and enable dts and upmix etc etc

Im about to install Mr. Bob's new beta, hoping his will fix some.
              Uno MAS
              Raspberry pi 2 > osmc
              Ouya
              Vega s89H > finless 2.1
              Minix X8-H plus

Comment

UPDATE post #125

Originally posted by MAS View Post
                That is in a test, try daily use, a lot of sources (addons) produce a blur at the bottem of the screen, try with passthrough and enable dts and upmix etc etc

Im about to install Mr. Bob's new beta, hoping his will fix some.
                Believe me, I know which files I have to use and these results are not really bad...

Every other thing is related to xbmc/kodi (e.g the add-ons which maybe not compatible and so on and especially maybe also for illegal content from dubious sources)...
                RK3288 Devices
                - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                  UPDATE post #125

Believe me, I know which files I have to use and these results are not really bad...

Every other thing is related to xbmc/kodi (e.g the add-ons which maybe not compatible and so on and especially maybe also for illegal content from dubious sources)...
                  Im not saying i dont believe you, it is just that my other devices do not have these issues.
                  Uno MAS
                  Raspberry pi 2 > osmc
                  Ouya
                  Vega s89H > finless 2.1
                  Minix X8-H plus

Comment

Is there a advancesettings.xml tuned for the draco for better handling with buffering?

Comment

Kodi 15.0 “I****”

Installed the latest Kodi v15 with today's nightly build and appears to be the best I seen so far. Libstagefright turned on gives a nice picture and very few drops/skips. Still get the blurred line on some movies. See what you think.

Comment

erf, installed v15 yesterday, i was blur free lol the blur is back...
                        With tvmc there is a smaller less anoying blur not eye catching
                        Uno MAS
                        Raspberry pi 2 > osmc
                        Ouya
                        Vega s89H > finless 2.1
                        Minix X8-H plus

Comment

Originally posted by bangsergio View Post
                          Is there a advancesettings.xml tuned for the draco for better handling with buffering?
                          T428 ,Radxa Rock (RR), cs918s v1.0, waiting for my X7...

Comment

Draco AW80 - Multimedia playback and XBMC issue & feedback here

Sarco im aware of this, thank you
                            But i was asking if there is one for the Draco box 16gb or 32gb.

Comment

Originally posted by bangsergio View Post
                              Sarco im aware of this, thank you
                              But i was asking if there is one for the Draco box 16gb or 32gb.
                              <advancedsettings>
                              <network>
                              <buffermode>0</buffermode>
                              <cachemembuffersize>157286400</cachemembuffersize>
                              <readbufferfactor>4.o</readbufferfactor>
                              </network>
                              </advancedsettings>

To save this Copy and paste in notepad rename it to advancedsettings.xml
                              than copy the file to org.xbmc.kodi/files/kodi/userdata
                              This is my settings works pretty good,but you can modify the values to youre liking

Comment

Draco AW80 - Multimedia playback and XBMC issue &amp; feedback here

Originally posted by speedylaci View Post
                                <advancedsettings>
                                <network>
                                <buffermode>0</buffermode>
                                <cachemembuffersize>157286400</cachemembuffersize>
                                <readbufferfactor>4.o</readbufferfactor>
                                </network>
                                </advancedsettings>

To save this Copy and paste in notepad rename it to advancedsettings.xml
                                than copy the file to org.xbmc.kodi/files/kodi/userdata
                                This is my settings works pretty good,but you can modify the values to youre liking
                                readbufferfactor 4.0 correct?

Comment

Working...
                                X