Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Draco AW80 - Accessories support (Camera / Remote / USB devices /SD card...) issue & feedback here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Draco AW80 - Accessories support (Camera / Remote / USB devices /SD card...) issue & feedback here

I start some explicit threads to sort all issues and feedbacks from the beginning...
    Because I don't have it now, I use Bob's first impressions to have a starting point...

Originally posted by Finless View Post
    OK, I gotta say I LOVE the SATA disk port on this box!

Copying files is not as fast as I would like but Oooooo MAN.... Does playing videos from a SATA drive (old 640 GB 7200 RPM drive is what I used) really work well! The SATA port on it's own is pretty NICE!
    Here is another reason I like the SATA port.... You can SKIP to anywhere in the video and it is like instant!!!!! Like a home dedicated Blue-ray player..... Seriously... this is the most seamless video playback and interaction with the video player I have seen....

The SATA disk ROCKS! And I am using a slow old drive! NO NEED for a SSD Disk in my opinion...

Bob
    Originally posted by thegergz View Post
    I wonder if it will take too much too much power if you hook up SATA hard drive and an external hard drive hooked up with usb 3.0
    That will be limited by the 12V power supply supplied... If you plan to do that, maybe upgrade the PSU.
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Here is another reason I like the SATA port.... You can SKIP to anywhere in the video and it is like instant!!!!! Like a home dedicated Blue-ray player..... Seriously... this is the most seamless video playback and interaction with the video player I have seen....

The SATA disk ROCKS! And I am using a slow old drive! NO NEED for a SSD Disk in my opinion...

Bob
    Also not because it seems to be usb2 to SATA...
    Do you also tested it in a case with an USB3 port at the USB3 port of the box?
    BTW: you talk about the stock player and not about xbmc?
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
      Also not because it seems to be usb2 to SATA...
      Do you also tested it in a case with an USB3 port at the USB3 port of the box?
      I do not understand this question

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

I do not understand this question

Bob
        Because of performance (data throughput)...

My information is, that they don't use e.g. SPI to connect/bridge to SATA but using the 'slow' USB 2.0 http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post237163 , so in my eyes SSD is totally senseless (best case you will get a data throughput ~28MByte/sec... of cause random access is better at SSD (but not with cheap ones), BUT I don't think it is really important...)

BUT if you will use it at the USB 3.0 port at the backside in a case with an 'USB 3.0 connect/bridge to SATA' (e.g. ASMedia AS2105) then maybe SSD could be an interesting point... Because of this I ask if you had tested it...
        RK3288 Devices
        - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
          Because of performance (data throughput)...

My information is, that they don't use e.g. SPI to connect/bridge to SATA but using the 'slow' USB 2.0 http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post237163 , so in my eyes SSD is totally senseless (best case you will get a data throughput ~28MByte/sec... of cause random access is better at SSD (but not with cheap ones), BUT I don't think it is really important...)

BUT if you will use it at the USB 3.0 port at the backside in a case with an 'USB 3.0 connect/bridge to SATA' (e.g. ASMedia AS2105) then maybe SSD could be an interesting point... Because of this I ask if you had tested it...
          OK I will test the difference with a SSD disk and my really old and slow SATA 7200 RPM drive and see if there is a difference.

But bottom line, it is faster pulling movies from SATA disk than any SDcard or USB stick I have used before on other boxes like S802 or 3288. So in the end I don't think it matters!

Bob
          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

PS3 controller

FYI
            Originally posted by blinkone View Post
            Has anyone tested the sixaxis bluetooth app on the draco yet, It works on all rockchip devices perfect, It don't work on any amlogic device just Wodered if it woks on the draco allwinner
            Originally posted by alwaysbless View Post
            Yep its working. I was playing MC4 earlier using my ps3 controller.
            RK3288 Devices
            - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

my wireless usb headset works with the AW80, small dialog appears on the screen saying that headphones and microphone are connected

Does anyone have anything to test adding a second display via soem kind of hdmi adaptor
              Tronsmart Vega S89 Elite Amlogic S802 with finless2.0

Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta Allwinner A80 Octa Core finless1.0

Comment

Use a USB DVD player on the Draco?

I would like to connect a USB 2.0 DVD drive to the Draco for the purpose of watching Region 2 DVDs. Tried connecting it and it powers up OK but is not recognized by the Draco. Tried both the USB 2 ports and the USB 3 / OTG port. Any way to make this work?

Comment

i think you would need an external drive specifically for android

Samsung has unveiled a new DVD drive designed with portability and tablet compatibility in mind. The SE-218BB DVD/CD writer is an ultra-thin (in terms of external optical disk drives) powered by a USB connection and ready to plug-and-play with Mac, PC, and Android 3.1+ hardware. It measures in at only 14mm thick, which Samsung says “18 percent thinner than conventional DVD writers.” There are a few obvious concerns (such as increased battery drain), but it’s almost surprising we haven’t seen something like this sooner. Here’s a free tip for Samsung: you’d almost definitely sell more if the new external drive […]

Comment

Originally posted by vouty View Post
                    I would like to connect a USB 2.0 DVD drive to the Draco for the purpose of watching Region 2 DVDs. Tried connecting it and it powers up OK but is not recognized by the Draco. Tried both the USB 2 ports and the USB 3 / OTG port. Any way to make this work?
                    Of cause it's power on because every device at USB get power BUT I don't know if DVD-devices needs special driver(s) at the system (I think so) and I don't know if these driver(s) exist (I don't think so)...
                    Do you have any android device running this external DVD drive?
                    RK3288 Devices
                    - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Hi!

May be anyone known, how to use PS4 dualshock 4 with Draco? It's finded via BT search, but can not be paired...

Thanks!

partially solved (via sixaxis pair tool): the joystick works in button mode, but it would be nice to activate the built-in gyroscope and accelerometer.
                      Last edited by krasnoff; 12-24-2014, 07:56.

Comment

Anyone know why my tronsmart vega plays from all my speakers when i connect it to the amplifier with an av cable but with the draco it only plays though 2 speakers. What settings should i change in the sound options?

Comment

USB3 Hard Drives

Using Seagate USB3 Portable HDD 2.5/1TB
                          MODEL SRD00F1 Power from USB port

Connected to USB3 Draco formatted NTFS.
                          Using ES Explorer copy/move files over WiFi to/from NAS easy, speed OK
                          No power issues, reboot, power off/on,
                          Watched a few movies the odd skipped frame using TVMC minimal over 2 hours
                          Working well.

Cheers
                          treboR
                          Please consider
                          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by thegergz View Post
                            Anyone know why my tronsmart vega plays from all my speakers when i connect it to the amplifier with an av cable but with the draco it only plays though 2 speakers. What settings should i change in the sound options?
                            there is sound setting in the setting menu, and you should choose passthrough from avr. Amlogic can choose the correct passthrough by themselves, allwinner can't do that right now.

Eric
                            Looking for developers
                            http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

spin-down after a while of idle

My WD Elements 2.5 USB3.0 spin-down after a while of idle at one of the USB2.0 ports (can't test it at USB3.0 because it doesn't work at it)...
                              RK3288 Devices
                              - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Working...
                              X