This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Draco AW80 - Finless ROM 1.0 - BETA

OK folks.... My first All Winner ROM in years!

So I am calling this a BETA ROM. Why? Because I am still learning stuff and you all are testers for my improvements. But I have tested the best I can any tweaks I did. I don't release junk but I cannot test everything so I need your help.

Let me tell you, this was a large learning experience! None of the previous All Winner FEX tools, etc worked. The structure has also changed somewhat. Gone are script0, etc... Some things were easier to edit and unpack and some things were not! Example, I could make a new system and it would work but it could not be mounted RW. Took me a while to figure that out. Boot.img changed too! Took me like a day to figure out how to mod it and not boot loop. KK file permissions were a BITCH!

Also I HATE working on devices that don't have ADB over OTG! Why they even left settings for connection to the PC for storage in I do not know. It doesn't work. You cannot even transfer files to internal SD via USB.
    Just makes things take longer when you can't do simple things like this.

So, if you find my work worthy, please feel free to donate.

This ROM comes with no instructions or readme. I will work on that as I do more ROMs.
    I just did not have the time to write that all up.
    So, this means you need to know what your doing and how to use the Phoenix flash tool and drivers. I don't have time right now to write up better instructions.
    Get the tools and instructions fro Geekbuying.

Change log:
    1) Debloated of junk
    2) Proper root which doesn't use install recovery script! You wont loose root this way ever.
    3) Updated all Google framework, Play Store, and APPs to latest and this includes superuser and SU binary.
    4) Added init.d support properly (not using install recovery script).
    5) Adjusted some buffer sizes. Let me know if it helps video playback!
    6) Added reboot APP
    7) Put in KK AOSP launcher and cleaned it up. I like the icon layout better.
    8) Adjusted LCD density to 240 so text, icons and things are not so tiny.
    9) Spoofing a Samsung Nexus 10 for better Google App Compatibility. Also adjusted fingerprint for release-keys. The original build.prop is in /system if you want to go back. Just rename using ES File explorer.
    10) Did a little theming

Download this and unzip it. You will have a .img file. Use the Phoenix Suite flash tool to flash this.

ROM -> Draco AW80 - Finless 1.0 ROM (317 megs)

Enjoy,
    Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Instructions for updating via pc
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Amazing progress I am following with interest,
      I have the bigger box on order I presume these roms will be compatible or maybe you will be gifted the 4gb box from our friends at geekbuying
      MXQ Amlogic S805
      VOYO Mini PC Windows 8.1 Intel Z3735F
      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Telos Allwinner A80
      -Finless ROM 1.1 - BETA2
      Tronsmart Vega S89 Amlogic S802
      -Finless 2.1 ROM

Comment

thank you very much Finless, installation perfect, in ( 3,54 Min ) ( walpaper galaxie is beautiful )

I'll make several test, and I would say is if I find problems.

Comment

My first tests with the "Draco AW80 - Finless ROM 1.0 - BETA"

1) INTERFACE : ( As the original ROM )

- Very fast start
          - Very fluid menu
          - Very fast internet browsing
          - Root

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          2) connection : ( As the original ROM )

USB 2 : OK
          USB 3 : OK
          SDCARD : OK
          ETERNET : OK
          OPTICAL : OK
          ------------
          REMOTE : OK

clic short, power bouton : Standby
          long click, power bouton : stop the tv box

------------
          SATA : ok in NTFS.
          Now it works when I connect the sata at startup.
          ( DO NOT HAVE THE BOX DRACO, UNDER VOLTAGE ), otherwise does not start for me.
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          3) VIDEO IN STREAMING :

with kodi - Film MKV 1080p/720p --> stuttering a bit ( As the original ROM ).
          With MxPlayer - Film MKV 1080p/720p --> stuttering a bit ( with thé original ROM, function better ).
          With BsPlayer - Film MKV 1080p/720p --> stuttering a bit ( with thé original ROM, function better ).
          the native video players --> does not work

the film takes a long time before starting, with all player

Audio : DTS 5.1 = ok

( Currently, the best tv box for streaming is the MINIX H8 )
          ------------------------------------------------------------
          VIDEO IN SATA :

with kodi - Film MKV 720p --> stuttering a bit ( As the original ROM )
          With MxPlayer - Film MKV 720p --> ok perfect
          With BsPlayer - Film MKV 720p --> ok perfect

Audio : DTS 5.1 = ok, is perfect
          ---------------------------------------
          codec h265:

I tested the codec H265, with the vidéo Big Buck Bunny 1080p.

With MxPlayer = ok, is perfect
          With BsPlayer = stuttering, early , then it's going
          With kodi= does not work

Link : http://www.elecard.com/en/download/videos.html

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
            Thank you for the instructions, my first time with allwinner and was successful. Also thank you for the rom Bob.

Comment

Thanks Bob

Excellent work
              After 4 hours with original Rom a change is always good.
              Don't fancy that phoenix updater +1 for the zip.
              All went well
              Flashing power led had me thinking for a minute while typing
              Plex and Kodi smoother less mucking around to get them to play

Status Bar interference with Netflix, or visa-versa flashes in and out when you click
              while Netflix is playing to bring up Netflix controls, also error in Netflix process.android.systemui has stopped, then it all stops,

Update: added line to b.prop "qemu.hw.mainkeys=1" thanks Zahir
              Netflix still has trouble showing netflix controls flashes on then off.
              More to come
              Cheers
              Last edited by trebor; 11-17-2014, 07:02. Reason: update
              treboR
              Please consider
              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

I am looking into the status bar thing but it's kind of a mess.
                I love how it work in XBMC but it is a problem for Netflix. Of course this is not a new issue as early 3188 boxes had this issue.

Bob
                "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                  I am looking into the status bar thing but it's kind of a mess.
                  I love how it work in XBMC but it is a problem for Netflix. Of course this is not a new issue as early 3188 boxes had this issue.

Bob

Thank you Bob for making the first ROM for this device. Although I don't have Draco yet but it's under consideration. The mention of the status bar issue being made me to put this message. I've an XMC and I've this disturbed subtitle issue (http://vimeo.com/96031732 ) in XBMC even I hide the status bar before I start the XBMC (Gotham) . The OEM has not provided any support for this issue. I suspect this is a bug because even the status bar is hidden, I suspect that the status bar area still remains used somehow in the screen layout causing the subtitle issue. Probably you would be able to tell the possible cause of this problem.
                  Thanks

Comment

None of my computers are detecting the device when i use the included usb cable, il try out this rom when i can get it connected somehow
                    Tronsmart Vega S89 Elite Amlogic S802 with finless2.0

Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta Allwinner A80 Octa Core finless1.0

Comment

i tried to use phoenix anyway but im not sure its doing anything, just a green checkmark, when i hit stop it says tasks are during production

edit: Ok it worked fine it just has no indication, so it's hard to tell what it's doing
                      Tronsmart Vega S89 Elite Amlogic S802 with finless2.0

Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta Allwinner A80 Octa Core finless1.0

Comment

thanks for the new rom. it works perfect.
                        today i will check the video playing quality in every option.

Comment

Thanks Bob for all the effort put in this rom and this device!

I do not have this box yet, I am still considering whether to get a rk3288 one (probably hph) that seems to have great support, or this A80 one that seems to have great potential and great design.

Do you know if the HDMI virtual splitter app would work with your rom? I may have a couple streaming apps that may require this to work...

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ntux View Post
                            ... Do you know if the HDMI virtual splitter app would work with your rom? ...
                            I think you talk about the 'HDMI virtual switch' app which is designed for rk3188 devices

It doesn't work at e.g. amlogic S802 devices (maybe also because of KK) so maybe also not at AW80...
                            Also have a look at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=5610
                            But I couldn't find a 'Xposed Framework' module to hide the HDMI, but maybe you will find one and share it here???
                            RK3288 Devices
                            - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                            - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                            UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                            Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                            Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                            Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Every time I try to install the FW Phoenix runs in to a problem and windows close the program. It happens after I connect the power and let go of the Fn button on the draco. I´m running windows 8. Going to try it on another computer with windows 7.

Edit: Never mind. It worked on my other computer.
                              Last edited by OrigiCally; 11-23-2014, 22:41.

Comment

Working...
                              X