This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DiZet View Post
    For some reason I am not able to write the image to SD card. I have tried all the cards I have from class 4 to class 10 up to 94mb/s and all the cards are empty after the burn. I get all the success messages but when I check the cards they are empty. I have tried the sd card reader on my pc and the usb one but no luck. Also tried different roms. Am I missing something? My Draco went dead and I am not able to flash it with Phoenix USB method. Is there any other way to burn the image to SD card? What kind of cards are compatible with this method?
    PhoenixCard puts files on a hidden partition - they're there, just not visible. Insert the SD card in your box and plug in the power cord. Wait at least 7 minutes before removing the card and rebooting.

Comment

Originally posted by Zahir View Post
      PhoenixCard puts files on a hidden partition - they're there, just not visible. Insert the SD card in your box and plug in the power cord. Wait at least 7 minutes before removing the card and rebooting.
      Thanks. I see that the partition size does change after the burn so all must be ok. It still did not bring the Draco back from the dead so I have to investigate further.

Comment

AW80 USB Driver Not Recognized by Windows 8.1

Unless I'm mistaken, no way the USB driver *INF file provided by Tronsmart for the AW80 is going to be recognized by Windows 8.1.

It just won't load the driver no matter what I try, even manually installing the INF.

So, the SD card method, although I haven't got it to work yet, seems like the only solution for me with Windows 8.1.

Gary

Comment

If you're having difficulties writing to the SD card, try another. There's nothing special about my 8gb Transcend HC and it works every time.

Comment

Yes it will you have to disable driver signature. Google it.

Comment

I got the driver to load fine by disabling Win 8.1 digital signature, that isn't the issue.

The PT 3.09 simply won't completely write the ROM to the card, it keeps crashing.

Comment

Has anything in the rom been changed, are permissions ok, partitions sizes ok? Worst case vbox windows 7 but I think you have some other problem.

Comment

Your talking about a bricked box correct? Maybe hardware problem?

Comment

Originally posted by otisrhw View Post
                    Your talking about a bricked box correct? Maybe hardware problem?
                    Why should I have any faith at all in this box? This is the SECOND unit I've had in less than a week, the first one never booted at all, the second (current) one failed after less than twenty four hours, and I can't restore the ROM with USB to PC because PT 3.3.3 crashes every time I try to connect the device in windows 8.1.

Meanwhile, I've had a Popcorn Hour A200 for four years and have NEVER had a single hiccup with it, displaying perfect 1920 X 1080 P BluRay .mkv files in stunning quality.

I'm running out of patience with the Draco AW80 Telos.

Comment

Originally posted by 140hours View Post
                      Why should I have any faith at all in this box? This is the SECOND unit I've had in less than a week, the first one never booted at all, the second (current) one failed after less than twenty four hours, and I can't restore the ROM with USB to PC because PT 3.3.3 crashes every time I try to connect the device in windows 8.1.

Meanwhile, I've had a Popcorn Hour A200 for four years and have NEVER had a single hiccup with it, displaying perfect 1920 X 1080 P BluRay .mkv files in stunning quality.

I'm running out of patience with the Draco AW80 Telos.
                      Can anyone recommend a GOOD QUALITY player that has h.265 FULL support *(60 FPS) and is reliable out of the "box" pun intended? I've now gone through three terrible devices, KDLinks A200, Minix H8Plus, and the Draco AW80 Telos.

The next one, hopefully, will be a keeper for my 4K TV.

Thanks to everyone!

Gary

Comment

This is done on windows 8.1 I have done it as well. Not sure what is going on but I have a feeling it's something on your side.

Tronsmart Draco AW80 Firmware Update Tutorial: http://youtu.be/hjaf_-WTJFY

Comment

Originally posted by otisrhw View Post
                          This is done on windows 8.1 I have done it as well. Not sure what is going on but I have a feeling it's something on your side.

Tronsmart Draco AW80 Firmware Update Tutorial: http://youtu.be/hjaf_-WTJFY
                          I'm going out to BestBuy to get an SD Card and USB 3.0 Card Reader.

Can anyone recommend the items to get that are known to be working well?

Thanks again!

Gary

Comment

Don't get anything larger than 32GB SDcard! Larger wont work as it cannot be formatted FAT32 and has to be formatted EXTFAT or NTFS.

Bob
                            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Had a few problem with some generic micro-sdcard adapter, and some other with some generic 2 GB sdcard. Same symptom failed after first part of succesfull burn.
                              I managed to make it work well and fast with a 32GB sdcard Sandisk and/or 32GB microSD (with a Kingston MicroSd To SdCard adapter), and the microSD have even been write on With a MicroSD2USB key. So a 32 GB microSD inside a MicroSD2USB in my PC for flash, then the 32GB microSD (Kingston) in the MicroSD2SDcard (Kingston) adapter.Had problem with bigger then 32GB as not possible to format to Fat32 (as stated by Finless above also)

Once done to recup all space from device use HP format tools, that recovere all space possible from all partition/device (hidden or not).

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                                Don't get anything larger than 32GB SDcard! Larger wont work as it cannot be formatted FAT32 and has to be formatted EXTFAT or NTFS.

Bob
                                Bob, thank you SO much, that has been the issue all the way along!

I'm trying to use a 64GB Card!

I'll report back after I get a 16GB or 32GB card.

Best wishes,

Gary

Comment

Working...
                                X