Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW - TWRP Recovery for Tronsmart Draco

Originally posted by abdul_pt View Post
    Can you do a backup and post the log ? and by post i mean like a pastebin link. I need to check something.
    Here it is
    Посмотреть и скачать с Яндекс Диска

Comment

Restore with TWRP

Originally posted by frhdt007 View Post
      Just follow the instructions on the first page.
      \

I tried to, and I have been flashing ROMS since the early days with a T-Mobile G1 Dev Phone.

Here's what I understand:

1) I have Bob's Finless 1.1 Beta 2 on SD Card to recover the system in case it won't boot.

2) With TWRP, make a full system backup onto USB 3.0 Flash Drive in the OTG port on back of AW80, checking off the defaults as in the instructions.

3) Now I have two emergency repair disks, one to boot the DOA AW80, and then once booted, I can reboot into TWRP Recovery, and restore the backup on the USB 3.0 Flash drive.

4) Net result I have the ROM restored and the box working again AND I have restored all the data, programs and settings from the TWRP restore process.

Let me know if that's right!!

Thanks,

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by 140hours View Post
        \

I tried to, and I have been flashing ROMS since the early days with a T-Mobile G1 Dev Phone.

Here's what I understand:

1) I have Bob's Finless 1.1 Beta 2 on SD Card to recover the system in case it won't boot.

2) With TWRP, make a full system backup onto USB 3.0 Flash Drive in the OTG port on back of AW80, checking off the defaults as in the instructions.

3) Now I have two emergency repair disks, one to boot the DOA AW80, and then once booted, I can reboot into TWRP Recovery, and restore the backup on the USB 3.0 Flash drive.

4) Net result I have the ROM restored and the box working again AND I have restored all the data, programs and settings from the TWRP restore process.

Let me know if that's right!!

Thanks,

Gary
        I understood like you before . Here's what I found out :

1) SD card flashing method works 100%. The problem with this method is that you have to install all your apps again, annoying !

2) TWRP is good as backup /restore method NOT as flashing method because it doesn't backup 100%, excludes some system folders . The advantage with this method is that you don't have to reinstall your apps !

Now you understand how that works , you know how and when to use them.

1) if you want a clean flashing , use SD card method

2) if you want to test different roms build by a same company (Tronsmart or Finless ), example : beta1, beta2, beta3,... you could use TWRP restore as flashing method, hoping that modifications are not in the excluded folders by the backup function .

3) always keep different img files on your pc just in case!

I wrote everything I found about TWRP in this thread , read it, that could help you to understand better .

Comment

I understood like you before . Here's what I found out :

1) SD card flashing method works 100%. The problem with this method is that you have to install all your apps again, annoying !

2) TWRP is good as backup /restore method NOT as flashing method because it doesn't backup 100%, excludes some system folders . The advantage with this method is that you don't have to reinstall your apps !

Now you understand how that works , you know how and when to use them.

1) if you want a clean flashing , use SD card method

2) if you want to test different roms build by a same company (Tronsmart or Finless ), example : beta1, beta2, beta3,... you could use TWRP restore as flashing method, hoping that modifications are not in the excluded folders by the backup function .

3) always keep different img files on your pc just in case!

I wrote everything I found about TWRP in this thread , read it, that could help you to understand better .
          I made a backup, but I included CACHE and BOOT, in other words, I selected everything I could backup in that menu (create backup).

Now, as I understand, if the system crashes I have to reflash Bob's Rom (Finless 1.1 Beta 2), and then use the REBOOT app to get into TWRP, then from that point I can restore all the apps and settings by doing a "restore" in TWRP using the backup created with USB 3.0 32GB flash drive?

I'm a little confused because Bob said to use the "Reboot" app built into the ROM, didn't know if that could be installed on a crashed DRACO AW80, or if it is necessary to flash the firmware over again.

Thanks!

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by 140hours View Post
            I made a backup, but I included CACHE and BOOT, in other words, I selected everything I could backup in that menu (create backup).

Now, as I understand, if the system crashes I have to reflash Bob's Rom (Finless 1.1 Beta 2), and then use the REBOOT app to get into TWRP, then from that point I can restore all the apps and settings by doing a "restore" in TWRP using the backup created with USB 3.0 32GB flash drive?

I'm a little confused because Bob said to use the "Reboot" app built into the ROM, didn't know if that could be installed on a crashed DRACO AW80, or if it is necessary to flash the firmware over again.

Thanks!

Gary
            100% right!

Comment

confirmed bug

Restore log

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

Backup log

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

Hi Abdul_pt and Bob

Here's what I found out

1) Backup with all options checked . Total size 2900 MB backup seen on the screen.
              2) Restore with all options checked . Total size 2500 MB restored seen on the screen. Around 300 MB not restored!

At least, there's 1 found problem in Restore (not 100% restored)
              Last edited by frhdt007; 02-06-2015, 15:31.

Comment

Can you test this image, please.

if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
                then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
                $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

Comment

Restore log

Backup log

Hi Abdul_pt and Bob

Here's what I found out

1) Backup with all options checked . Total size 2900 MB backup seen on the screen.
                  2) Restore with all options checked . Total size 2500 MB restored seen on the screen. Around 300 MB not restored!

At least, there's 1 found problem in Restore (not 100% restored)
                  Thank you for these tests and the logs,
                  this behavior is exactly how our micro-scene can progress and move forward.

Comment

Can you test this image, please.

www.freak-tab.de/abdul_pt/Allwinner/TWRP_AW80.img
                    I can not download that file, you should zip it first. My browser open that img file and i see all binary characters!!!

Comment

I can not download that file, you should zip it first. My browser open that img file and i see all binary characters!!!

Right click save as should work, I recall
                      Also downloads ok by just a click here.

Cheers
                      treboR
                      Please consider
                      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Really ?
                        When I click on it, it just starts to download.

Tapatalked
                        if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];

Comment

Really ?
                          When I click on it, it just starts to download.

Tapatalked
                          Strange , on my pc, Windows 7, i.e. just opens that file.
                          On my tablet , chrome downloads it!!!

Comment

This is one of the best news I share :

Abdul, your TWRP version is "perfect ", it's a ghost making, a new flashing method.

This is my test:

1) flash 20141219v1 rom (the best for ME)
                            2) install some apps .
                            3) flash your TWRP.img according to Bob's instructions .
                            4) go to recovery mode
                            5) backup with all options checked (1215 MB)
                            6) restore with all options checked (1206 MB, maybe just counting error)
                            7) boot system and do some tests , everything works as expected .

Test 2: major

1) flash RK rom.
                            2) of course the remote doesn't work
                            3) flash your TWRP
                            4) goto recovery
                            5) restore my last backup with all options checked .
                            6) boot system
                            7) everything is clean , works well as before , the remote works and wakes up the box when sleeping .

Now, I can trust your version as flashing method and ghost making . Thank you very much and congratulations !!! Wonderful work !!!
                            ----
                            2015-02-07

Like I said almost "perfect ":
                            1) external sd card can't be mounted
                            2) backup total 2252 MB , BUT during backup, I see 2439 MB
                            3) restore total 2227MB, WHY NOT 2252???
                            4) remote can not wake up the box this morning !!!

Maybe something still is missing so it can NOT be flashing method yet!!!

-----
                            My theory :

1) TWRP calculates 2439 MB to be backup
                            2) during backup some file protection prevents it from backing up few files or its logic skips some folders
                            3) file protection prevents it from restoring some files or folders

Attached Files
                            Last edited by frhdt007; 02-07-2015, 12:16.

Comment

How did you flash the ROM ? By TWRP or by flash tool ?

Please provide output of the command 'ls -l -R dev/block' from android and from recovery.

Tapatalked

Comment

How did you flash the ROM ? By TWRP or by flash tool ?

Please provide output of the command 'ls -l -R dev/block' from android and from recovery.

Tapatalked
                                When i use the word:
                                Flash = flashing with sd card
                                Restore = flashing with restore option in TWRP .

Ls log in system

Ls log in recovery

---
                                2 more problems under TWRP :

1) the keyboard doesn't show space bar level, I can still touch it.

2) with Bob's version , it copies log file to USB key when external sd card not mounted . With yours it said "successful copied to sd card " but there was no sd card mounted and no copy is made to USB key. The log you find here is copied under Bob's TWRP version .

Comment

Working...
                                X