is this box worth getting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
    Teamviewer only works for controlling desktops...and it really wants you to get paaid svc

Vnc is great but not for this box. I have Servers Ultimate running and the vnc server behaves the same as remodroid...both will run, but when you remote inm all you see is the startup screen remotely, but the touches do register on the remote box. You just cant see it! Annoying. Cant see the remote screen, only some weird start up screen

Also, recently tried HBOGO...will load, but when it comes to playing the selection, it craps out...ideas ?

Comment

Originally posted by spideymon View Post

Also, recently tried HBOGO...will load, but when it comes to playing the selection, it craps out...ideas ?
      I think that is consistent with how all of these unapproved Android mini PCs handle HBO GO. A spoof is probably required and that is probably always going to be only a temporary workaround if possible at all. I think everybody has an Amazon Fire TV or Apple TV or Roku or some other approved streaming box for the mainstream services, I know I do.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisG8 View Post
        I think that is consistent with how all of these unapproved Android mini PCs handle HBO GO. A spoof is probably required and that is probably always going to be only a temporary workaround if possible at all. I think everybody has an Amazon Fire TV or Apple TV or Roku or some other approved streaming box for the mainstream services, I know I do.
        I am using finless rom 1.1beta and it is spoofed. Hbogo plays fine on my cx-919.

Getting aggravated with this box. Keep telling myself to give it time.

Comment

At this point i would say no... this box has been a disappointment with too many issues distorted image at the bottom of Kodi videos and USB keyboard failing daily... Very annoying this nonsense has not been fixed. My old tronsmart 89 box is better to use, I prefer it to this drako.
          Out: USB audio, HDMI
          In: Logitech K400 keyboards

Comment

+1 on the no ... feels like this thing has reached e.o.l. before it even got off the ground.
            Uno MAS
            Raspberry pi 2 > osmc
            Ouya
            Vega s89H > finless 2.1
            Minix X8-H plus
            rii i8+ & rii i25A & Yatse

Comment

Originally posted by MAS View Post
              +1 on the no ... feels like this thing has reached e.o.l. before it even got off the ground.

Also, when you consider spending a few dollars more for a Nvidia Shield Console, the difference is MASSIVE, I would never suggest the Drako with the Nvidia console a few months away, it is way, way, way, better... and I bet Nvidia would not allow a product with all the Gotchas and work arounds necessary with this box. Actually of the 4 boxes I have owned, this one has been the fastest, but most problematic with external hardware, loud pops when booting and shutting down, smeared bottom of the video playback etc etc...
              Out: USB audio, HDMI
              In: Logitech K400 keyboards

Comment

Working...
              X