X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's try this.. (a petition)

Comment

Following here as some users appear to have suggestions:

This item is final edition todays, but when it's not working it cost nothing.

Comment

Bought mine off Amazon Aug 2015 - Amazon Warehouse deal - says 30 days return but surely there should be a years warranty with it?

Comment

Hi all
          I have a Telos that died after being switched off (powered down) for a while. The box then when powered on showed no Blue light but did have some HDMI out put to my TV.
          I tried all the reset recovery methods suggested and was unable to install new software by any of the normal methods.
          Unfortunately Tronsmart and Geekbuying refused to repair the device as it was a few days over the 12 month warranty even though I offered to return the device and pay for the repair.
          So I pulled it apart and baked the PCB without the processer heatsink for 3 minutes at 200C. This destroyed the smoothing capacity on the powere inlet area of the PCB. I replaced that, which is a 220 microFarad 25volt unit. with an operating temp of 125C ( which is why it exploded.).
          While recooking the the component soldering was all bright and new looking so I think the initial problem was either a dry soldered joint or that faulty capacitor.
          Now the box powers up fine, the firmware was still fully operational and the device is working as before.
          I have the Remix OS firmware running great on this device again.

Maybe some devices have had a manufacturing fault with component soldering but the baking seems to have done the trick.

I thought I wound share my experience on this troubled device.

I take no responsibliity for any one trying this remedy,it is a risk which could completely destroy your box PCB, but I took the risk as the box was of no use to anybody and now it is alive and well so far.,

Comment

Working...
          X