Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Draco AW80 Doesn't Accept Letters "y" and "u" From Keyboard -- What the Heck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Draco AW80 Doesn't Accept Letters "y" and "u" From Keyboard -- What the Heck?

I am running stock FW/ROM on Draco AW80 Meta. Using the Android on screen keyboard everything works fine.

However, when I use a wireless keyboard device connected via back left USB input the Draco does not recognize the keys for "y" and "u". Typing the "y" or "u" keys does nothing while all others keys are fine. This problem happens from clean power up or a wake up from sleep.

At first I thought I had a defective keyboard device but I have now tried three different devices and it consistently does NOT work for these two keys/letters.

For reference, the three devices I tried are:
    Lenovo N5901 wireless keyboard, trackball
    Tronsmart TSM-01 air mouse, keyboard
    Logitech K400 wireless keyboard, track pad

It is very odd that every other key on all of these devices works but that "y" and "u" do not.

Has anyone else notice this problem?

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this problem?

gby

I'm on Draco AW80 Telos, stock ROM, and y/u keys work just fine with my Mele F10-Pro.

Comment

No problems with "u" and "y" on my Draco AW80 Telos with Tronsmart TSMO1 connected to the side USB port.

Comment

Shot in the dark...

Is it possible that alt, function or ctrl keys are toggled on somehow?

Comment

All Is Good Now -- No Idea Why

I decided to try a full power cycle this time and to power up with the USB wireless receiver plugged into the Draco. This time everything worked. I then experimented with plugging and unplugging USB receivers to the various devices and all seemed to work.

Thanks to folks who checked and replied theirs was working. All I can say is that I did multiple soft reboots and many, many device changes and never got any response when typing "y" or "u".

My only theory is that the difference is in which character map file the system was picking. In other words, while not working the system picked character map number 1. Then from a cold start with the receiver plugged in the system picked charactger map number 2. Somehow character map number 1 has a typo while the other character map is OK. Just to be clear, I did nothing myself to select or change character maps beyond the first setup by selecting region, etc. So, any switching would have been by the Android system.

Again, thanks for feedback and at least for now it seems to work.

gby

Comment

rf interference

Originally posted by gby View Post
            I decided to try a full power cycle this time and to power up with the USB wireless receiver plugged into the Draco. This time everything worked. I then experimented with plugging and unplugging USB receivers to the various devices and all seemed to work.

Thanks to folks who checked and replied theirs was working. All I can say is that I did multiple soft reboots and many, many device changes and never got any response when typing "y" or "u".

My only theory is that the difference is in which character map file the system was picking. In other words, while not working the system picked character map number 1. Then from a cold start with the receiver plugged in the system picked charactger map number 2. Somehow character map number 1 has a typo while the other character map is OK. Just to be clear, I did nothing myself to select or change character maps beyond the first setup by selecting region, etc. So, any switching would have been by the Android system.

Again, thanks for feedback and at least for now it seems to work.

gby

I had wireless keyboard problems and solved most by putting the usb dongle on a usb extension cord. Get the unifying usb receiver away from the tronsmart box as far as possible. Logitech had an rticle in support on the problem with their unifying receiver. Interferes with wifi sometimes too.

Comment

Originally posted by gby View Post
              I am running stock FW/ROM on Draco AW80 Meta. Using the Android on screen keyboard everything works fine.

However, when I use a wireless keyboard device connected via back left USB input the Draco does not recognize the keys for "y" and "u". Typing the "y" or "u" keys does nothing while all others keys are fine. This problem happens from clean power up or a wake up from sleep.

At first I thought I had a defective keyboard device but I have now tried three different devices and it consistently does NOT work for these two keys/letters.

For reference, the three devices I tried are:
              Lenovo N5901 wireless keyboard, trackball
              Tronsmart TSM-01 air mouse, keyboard
              Logitech K400 wireless keyboard, track pad

It is very odd that every other key on all of these devices works but that "y" and "u" do not.

Has anyone else notice this problem?

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this problem?

gby

Hello to everyone here. Today I received my Draco AW80 and I have the exact same problem with my bluetooth keyboard. any ideas please???

Comment

Working...
              X