And happy christmas holidays everybody
      Uno MAS
      Raspberry pi 2 > osmc
      Ouya
      Vega s89H > finless 2.1
      Minix X8-H plus
      rii i8+ & rii i25A & Yatse

Comment

OK I will do it. Maybe today but probably tomorrow.

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
          I can tweak my 1.0 ROM with the video buffer and DDR speeds if you all would like to try that?

Bob
          I just loaded 1.1 b2 and will test Ultra HD video playback tomorrow.

It would be nice to have easy way to get rid of bottom nav panel buttons permanently. And can I pay you to make a customization(s)?

Comment

Originally posted by AlmontGreen View Post
            It would be nice to have easy way to get rid of bottom nav panel buttons permanently.
            Edit the build.prop file in your "System" folder.

Add this one line (without the quotes) anywhere towards the end: "qemu.hw.mainkeys=1".
            Reboot, and the buttons are gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Zahir View Post
              If there isn't even a blue pinprick when you plug in power, seems like your box was faulty. Hope you can get a replacement asap.

@Bob, small bug?: some settings don't survive a reboot, like hardware keyboard under Language and Input. But the external keyboard still works...
              I experimented with one unit and it stopped working after trying to connect OTG to PC. Did a second unit with SD card boot up using PhoenixCard approach and everything worked great until edited Framework-res.apk trying to change mouse cursor (pointer_arrow.png) and default_wallpaper.jpg

Used MKC file utility to overwright Framework-res.apk (which works great with Minix Neo X8). Now trying with PhoenixCard again and nothing. Just blue light for a while and after several minutes it goes out.

2 bricked units in two days. Ouch!

Comment

Originally posted by Zahir View Post
                Edit the build.prop file in your "System" folder.

Add this one line (without the quotes) anywhere towards the end: "qemu.hw.mainkeys=1".
                Reboot, and the buttons are gone.

Worked great! Thanks. Not so much luck editing Framework-res.apk to change mouse cursor (pointer_arrow.png) and would like to have simple "starting..." screen on boot but no luck there yet.

Comment

Worked great! Thanks. Not so much luck editing Framework-res.apk to change mouse cursor (pointer_arrow.png) and would like to have simple "starting..." screen on boot but no luck there yet.
                  for more customization and fine tuning I'm using this app - Rom toolbox.

ps. but do not try install suggested rom's. since they are for real Samsung tablet.

Comment

I experimented with one unit and it stopped working after trying to connect OTG to PC. ...
                    I also tried to use the USB30/OTG port at the back-side and connected it with an USB2.0 port at my NB, but get no problems after that, so what had you done?
                    RK3288 Devices
                    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

I noticed with power cord and OTG a buzzing sound so I unplugged power. Also strange no blue light with usb but when power plugged in blue light and then when power unplugged and usb still plugged in blue light stayed on.

Comment

Phoenix suite never recognized it though but can't say I tried hard and had a shit cable from ten years ago when we used usb 2 usb! Who's idea was that?

Comment

Originally posted by otisrhw View Post
                          1. I noticed with power cord and OTG a buzzing sound so I unplugged power.

2. Also strange no blue light with usb but when power plugged in blue light and then when power unplugged and usb still plugged in blue light stayed on.
                          1. not at/with me

2. I don't know if you talk about powerd USB at the other side (e.g. PC or active HUB) but it's normal... also only after first regular powered on (I think because this device don't know a on/off hw switch)
                          RK3288 Devices
                          - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                          - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                          UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Talking about the AC power 5.5 mm or whatever it is, when that and usb plugged in together weird buzzing sound, like bees.

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                              I also tried to use the USB30/OTG port at the back-side and connected it with an USB2.0 port at my NB, but get no problems after that, so what had you done?
                              I switched to PhoenixCard_V309 to create SD Card with finless_rom_1.1.img The AW80 starts with a proress bar and then you reboot and it has been updated with new ROM.

This is MUCH easier since I could never get the USB driver signing issues resolved. Now if I can learn how to pack and unpack to make minor tweaks like mouse cursor and default_wallpaper that would be great. Those are mods to the framework-res.apk but I haven't learned how to replace that .apk without causing problems.

Comment

UltraHD playback using Basic4Android program I wrote.

I am seeing beautiful 4k video from Seiki 39" 4k TV from Tronsmart Draco AW80 with Finless rom 1.1b2 Playback is beautiful very smooth full screen and no bar at bottom with tweak to build.prop

My app is for digital signage. Only problem is loading/unloading of videos repeatedly seems to cause memory problem and app quits after about 50 or so different videos. This is why I got 4GB RAM version in hope that the app wouldn't run out of memory playing 4k video and showing 4000 pixel images. Actually, the images don't cause the app to quit, just loading/unloading different videos.

The Minix Neo X8 does not play 4k video so well and the memory problems were very bad for my app. It works great with HD resolution but not 4k (some weird artifacts in video that look like video driver problem).

Hope to learn how to unpack, make minor tweaks and repack or replace files without problems. Learning very much here from genius people like Bob!

Comment

Working...
                                X