X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finless,

Having a bit of an issue. I KNOW you have the answer

You have the box set at native resolution of 1080p.
    However, for the aplication I am using, I need the native resolution set to 720p - and REMAIN there.

Apparently, when we change the resolution in display settings, if the box loses power, it reverts back to 1080p - the monitor I have it set up with is not 1080p (I am using this little devil as a server)

Is there a build.prop setting to make the native/default/fallback resoltuon at the 720p ?
    I've looked at it...and just a little timid to make any changes

Thanks

Comment

What's about the idea to work with wm at an init.d script?
      But I don't know if it only works via ADB (but I don't think so, because you have to use it at a shell)???
      RK3288 Devices
      - Overview BOX (LINK !)
      - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
      UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by spideymon View Post
        Finless,

Having a bit of an issue. I KNOW you have the answer

You have the box set at native resolution of 1080p.
        However, for the aplication I am using, I need the native resolution set to 720p - and REMAIN there.

Apparently, when we change the resolution in display settings, if the box loses power, it reverts back to 1080p - the monitor I have it set up with is not 1080p (I am using this little devil as a server)

Is there a build.prop setting to make the native/default/fallback resoltuon at the 720p ?
        I've looked at it...and just a little timid to make any changes

Thanks
        Edit build.prop:

dev.disp_mode=10
        =>
        dev.disp_mode=5

if this doesn't work permanently,
        you will have to unpack rom, edit system fex, repack and reflash.

Comment

Originally posted by GJayJayG View Post
          Edit build.prop:

dev.disp_mode=10
          =>
          dev.disp_mode=5

if this doesn't work permanently,
          you will have to unpack rom, edit system fex, repack and reflash.
          Muahaha!
          It works!

Thanks for the nice link and the disp_mode suggested change.

Comment

Question re flash tool. I selected key update to update firmware but I can remove that key or delete it from program soon as I open the program it's in there again. Will this affect flashing this rom (First time flashing the al winner chipset. ) I newbee to this software lol.
            Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

flash

Eject the card after it is done or it will run on a loop. After your done use Phoenix card to format the card back to normal

Comment

The program works different on different windows machines lol windows 7 worked no issues sd card boot runs perfect.

Installed bobs awsome rom. Bob i hear that we can use a key to set up what programs we want to flash with the rom that is so COOL but i havent seen any info on how this is done as id really like to have that all set on the sd card for myself. its better then installing all my programs after re booting AWSOME JOB YET AGAIN!!!!
                Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Q100 View Post
                  Tnx, Bob

BTW: I tryed to boost SD cache performance on the your first ROM.
                  Changed SD cache value to 1024 and governor to performance. Achived up to 59k in Antutu

How did you do this step by step if you can please.

Comment

Ok, how can I get the screen timeout functionality back - like we have on tablets? Not necessarily a sleep mode.

Another build.prop parameter to enable?

Thx

Comment

Hi Bob

Anyway to add the script to your rom that alows the programs to be install on flash like the dove rom???

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                        Use the Phoenix Suite flash tool to flash this.

ROM -> Draco AW80 - Finless 1.1 ROM (332 megs)

Enjoy,
                        Bob
                        Dumb questions:

1.) will this work with the 4GB/32GB (telos) model?
                        2.) is there a way to flash this rom WITHOUT using Phoenix? I have no windows machines. Can i use the sd card?

3.) has anyone else noticed that the http://www.riitek.com/product_Info.asp?id=103 controller's track pad sensitivity is flakey with this machine? My RT-MWK28 seemed to work smooth with my Vega S89-h, but is weird on the Draco. Rf interference??

4.) Does this rom have the nice launcher like in the finless rom for the Vega s89-h ?
                        5.) can i use Kodi from the xbmc website? and am i stuck using the included version (a lot of the addons say incompatible)?

so far, with the stock rom, this Draco Telos feels generally flakey

Is this machine going to have less overall play store app compatibility than the Vega S89-h??

I got this Draco Telos fo one primary reason -- MORE RAM. But if it's so unusual under the hood that the end user experience is erratic at best, i guess i'll want to stick with my Vega S89-H.

Comment

quick question about cpu freq

When the ads are saying 'up to' 2GHz cpu... in advertising doublespeak, what does that mean exactly? That there exist AW80 chips that theoretically COULD go up to 2GHz -- somewhere -- in a warehouse?

Or does that mean the Draco ships with a 2GHz cpu? When i look at everybody's CPUz type reports, i see mention of 1.6GHz... where does the other magic 400MHz go? The reports i've seen seen to ALL show 6xxMHz through 16xxMHz...

What would be the advantage over a quad core machine where the top cpu speed is 2GHz (not 1.6GHz)?

Are these Tronsmart Draco machines (telos etc) limited to 1.6GHz? And doesn't that affect top single-thread speed? Would that affect software rendering? Wouldn't a cpu with 2GHz, in a single-threaded decoding operation outperform a 1.6GHz cpu?

Or am i missing something?

Does the Finless ROM allow these cpu's to attain the advertised 2GHz proc spec?

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.1120.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	437331

Comment

I think that the heat produced doesnt allow the chipsets to go up that high it defaults back to the 1.6

no spam posted that someplace but cant remember where i seen it.

Comment

Comment

1.) will this work with the 4GB/32GB (telos) model?
                                2.) is there a way to flash this rom WITHOUT using Phoenix? I have no windows machines. Can i use the sd card?

3.) has anyone else noticed that the http://www.riitek.com/product_Info.asp?id=103 controller's track pad sensitivity is flakey with this machine? My RT-MWK28 seemed to work smooth with my Vega S89-h, but is weird on the Draco. Rf interference??

4.) Does this rom have the nice launcher (the TV style launcher) like in the finless rom for the Vega s89-h ?
                                5.) can i use Kodi from the xbmc website? and am i stuck using the included version (a lot of the addons say incompatible)?

so far, with the stock rom, this Draco Telos feels generally flakey

Is this machine going to have less overall play store app compatibility than the Vega S89-h??

I got this Draco Telos fo one primary reason -- MORE RAM. But if it's so unusual under the hood that the end user experience is erratic at best, i guess i'll want to stick with my Vega S89-H.

Comment

Working...
                                X