X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the great effort Bob.

For the playback,
    1080p h264 on kodi is very smooth and no dropping and skipping.
    1080p h264 on mx player perfect.

1080p h265 on kodi better then the stock and finless 1.0 but dropping and skipping still there and stuttering less then the other roms.

1080p h265 on mxplayer stutter a little bit but watchble.

The biggest problem for me is still there.
    When i enable dts capable reciever on kodi and pass-through via hdmi and optical, stutter on every 3 seconds. but there is not any frame skipping and dropping.
    No problem with the mxplayer when i enable pass-through.

thanks for everything.

Comment

finless job ROM 1.1

Hello bob brill ROM mate thanks so much. I do have a couple of probs though. Google play dose not show up my paid apps, & the other 1 is that every time I turn my box back on, I have unplug & plug the HDMI lead back in the box in order to get sound from my TV. Iv tryed the pass through & HDMI codec in fact iv tryed them all i have all so tryed 3 other hdmi leads to see if thay made change to it. I'm not complaining mind you, I'm just pointing out that it needs looking at. Thanks.
      Last edited by bigall123; 12-17-2014, 12:27.

Comment

1. It cannot keep wifi static IP, when trying to do this after save the device crashed and restarting without saving the static IP.
        So I have to do it from the router.

2. My mele airmouse seems to be slow and lag a lot, it is very annoying.

any thing can fix this.

Comment

Thanks alot for your efforts!
          About time tronsmart offers you a job (you are doing their work as is)
          this happend after i changed screen size, had to reboot to get wallpaper back
          Attached Files
          Uno MAS
          Raspberry pi 2 > osmc
          Ouya
          Vega s89H > finless 2.1
          Minix X8-H plus
          rii i8+ & rii i25A & Yatse

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
            Because of TWRP:
            It doesn't effect the SD card flash method?
            Will I lose factory reset (at setting / backup ...)?
            @Finless it would be nice if you also build an update to get back the original recocery

@Zahir
            Do you use the preinstalled XBMC or which version?
            I used TVMC for those initial video tests. Will try Kodi Helix today. Update:Kodi 14 RC3 (from the official Kodi site) works well. Add-on page and menu transitions are quicker than in TVMC (Gotham 13.2).

I installed 1.1. using the SD card flash method: TWRP - which I had previously installed - did not affect that.
            Last edited by Zahir; 12-17-2014, 21:28.

Comment

A lot of these problems must be because of the fantasy ROM. It must have had those issue like USB 3 drives, etc.... I cannot test all of that stuff.

I will check play store and paid apps. This happened on S802 on early 4.4.2 ROMs. DRM issues... Might also be what I did with permissions.

No_spam, I do not know what your asking about TWRP? What's the problem?

Bob
              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by bigall123 View Post
                Hello bob brill ROM mate thanks so much. I do have a couple of probs though. Google play dose not show up my paid apps, & the other 1 is that every time I turn my box back on, I have unplug & plug the HDMI lead back in the box in order to get sound from my TV. Iv tryed the pass through & HDMI codec in fact iv tryed them all i have all so tryed 3 other hdmi leads to see if thay made change to it. I'm not complaining mind you, I'm just pointing out that it needs looking at. Thanks.
                I just check and my paid APPs show up just fine! Not sure what your doing or have done to cause that.

I also have no problem turning the box off and back on and not getting HDMI?

So something strange going on with you. I suggest reflashing and trying again BEFORE installing anything.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                  :
                  No_spam, I do not know what your asking about TWRP? What's the problem?

Bob
                  Because of all my testing, from time to time, I have to get a clean setup, which I normally handle by:
                  Setup -> [Backup & reset] -> 'Factory data reset'
                  which is handled by the stock recovery...
                  So I want to know, if it also works with TWRP?

But of cause I can also use the SD way to reflash it...
                  RK3288 Devices
                  - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                  - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                  UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                  Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                  Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                  Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                    Because of all my testing, from time to time, I have to get a clean setup, which I normally handle by:
                    Setup -> [Backup & reset] -> 'Factory data reset'
                    which is handled by the stock recovery...
                    So I want to know, if it also works with TWRP?

But of cause I can also use the SD way to reflash it...
                    Yes it works in TWRP no problem. Why do you think it does not?
                    Anyway it does work.

But another way to do it is to reboot into recovery and use TWRP menus and select WIPE.

Bob

Comment

Wow, some of the things reported are just not happening with me. I just plugged in a USB drive. A small one yes, but it worked no issues!

Bob

Comment

OK checked again with a 1TB USB drive. Worked no issues!
                        But I do not have a USB 3 drive but I did try a USB 3 128GB memory stick and it worked no issue.

So again, not sure what is going on with some of these reports

Bob

Comment

1. Paid apps show up and install fine here

2. No HDMI issues

3. Dolphin 11. from the Play Store installs and runs (on the Fantasy rom it crashed). I don't use Flash, don't know which sites people use and so can't confirm it works.

After running this box continuously for 14 hours, it gets warmer than with the stock rom, but in no way that worries me. H264 video in XBMC and MX Player remains the best of any rom. I suspect improvements in H265 call for new or optimized PowerVR drivers.

Comment

USB 3.0

Maybe I have also a problem at USB 3.0 (but not tested at stock rom)...
                            1GB WD Elements 2.5 USB 3.0
                            After I installed ES_File_Explorer_v3.1.7.1 it ask me 'Allow the app ES File Explorer to access the USB device?" and I clicked OK but after a few sec ES crashes and then I only get a black screen... after a while I'm at home and if I try to select 'USB5002' I only get "running circle"...
                            Attached Files
                            RK3288 Devices
                            - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                            Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                            Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                            Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Hi . Between R3288 and Allwinner A80 (BETTER GPU POWER ) , who is better and stable for KODI , torrent play , stream. from 1 to 5 .

Thank u

Comment

USB 3.0

The same at stock rom... maybe not enough power at the port... will try an active HUB...
                                RK3288 Devices
                                - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Working...
                                X