This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi,

Verbatim 1TB usb 2.0 ntfs, 1 partition, no problem here.

Comment

Originally posted by bigall123 View Post
      Hello there. Bob google play store is picking up my paid apps now, must have been when I repooted the box. The HDMI unplug and plug back in to get sound still needs looking at though. Thanks. PS. That's when you have time Thad is. Thanks.
      What "Audio Output Mode" are you using in Settings/Sound?

If you have "Audio_Codec" checked, un-check that. You should only have "Audio_HDMI" and/or"Audio_SPDIF" checked.

Comment

Originally posted by Zahir View Post

Antutu score, not surprisingly, surpasses that on the original Fantasy rom:

Wow, how did you manage that? Antutu scores 52k on a fresh install on mine.
        I still have blur at bottem of screen (starting to wonder if the box might have hardware problem)
        Ah well, mayb a next rom
        Uno MAS
        Raspberry pi 2 > osmc
        Ouya
        Vega s89H > finless 2.1
        Minix X8-H plus
        rii i8+ & rii i25A & Yatse

Comment

No tweaks...but I use a good 12v 3a power supply.

What do these scores signify anyway...?

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
            Needless to say, these drive issues are probably on all ROMs so far!

Bob
            yes Bob, i guess you are almost right that the usb 3 prob happens to all roms. i have tried almost all the roms from pan baidu iincluding the so called tronsmmart beta rom found by zahir and yes, all of them have the usb 3 prob my drive is a 3tb (powered) usb3 drive, 1 partition. however if i plug it to the usb2 port it works flawlessly. plug into usb3, draco just do not see the drive. at the moment only finless v1.0 and stock rom works really wondered what is wrong with all the new roms

Comment

@Vod, those are good, interesting observations. If "Tronsmart Beta" also had the issue, we have somewhere to go for an answer - Tronsmart...After all, they're responsible for one rom that doesn't have the issue and one that does -- so they can tell us what changed.

It's the least they can do.

Comment

Originally posted by Zahir View Post
                @Vod, those are good, interesting observations. If "Tronsmart Beta" also had the issue, we have somewhere to go for an answer - Tronsmart...After all, they're responsible for one rom that doesn't have the issue and one that does -- so they can tell us what changed.

It's the least they can do.
                Yes Zahir however if i were to go to tronsmart i guess i will be told to just stay with the stock rom & stay away from all the other Roms as they are not official draco aw80 Rom. Unless they release another official rom with USB3 issue I am afraid my knocking on their door will get unanswered.
                Anyway, my intention here is to highlight my findings of Finless rom so that Bob can (if that is even possible) fix the issue in his already promising rom

Comment

For the video in the sites, in streaming ( 1080p720p )

With "player web" or "KODI" or "MxPlayer" :

- video, ok
                  - no audio DTS 5.1
                  - there were artifacts, during playback ( I had the same problem with the firmware, Alternative )
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------
                  movie playback in sata or SDcard :

- with kodi - Film MKV 720p --> video, ok ( no audio DTS 5.1 )
                  - With MxPlayer - Film MKV 720p --> video & audio DTS 5.1, ok

With kodi, there was always the problem of fuzzy bar, below the video.

This rom is based on an alternative firmware?

Comment

That is strange. I have played five 1080p H.264 streams from start to finish (3 on TVMC and 2 on Kodi RC3) and not seen a single artifact.

Nor have I seen any in MX player streaming 720p mkv files from NAS.

In Kodi, one add-on (BBC MX Player) does suffer from artifacts.
                    TVMC does not have the same problem.

There seem to be differences in our boxes.

Comment

there were artifacts, during playback, only with the video in streaming web
                      ( precision, I do not use xbmc/kodi, to watch the video ) ( in navi-x is ok ).

with rom native and finless 1.0, no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Moulin1980 View Post
                        For the video in the sites, in streaming ( 1080p720p )

With "player web" or "KODI" or "MxPlayer" :

- video, ok
                        - no audio DTS 5.1
                        - there were artifacts, during playback ( I had the same problem with the firmware, Alternative )
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------
                        movie playback in sata or SDcard :

- with kodi - Film MKV 720p --> video, ok ( no audio DTS 5.1 )
                        - With MxPlayer - Film MKV 720p --> video & audio DTS 5.1, ok

With kodi, there was always the problem of fuzzy bar, below the video.

This rom is based on an alternative firmware?

I saw a blur thick horizontal line in the bottom of my videos in Kodi

Comment

After my update to beta2 I still had the blurred line at the bottom of screen on kodi rc3. Was also having some problems with itvplayer so set up the video cache as last example of http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_the_video_cache So far no blur and less buffering waits.

Comment

Thanks for clarifying.
                            I'll try a few web-streams.

BTW, no fuzzy bar in Kodi here - whether I remove the navigation bar completely or not.

Comment

Originally posted by fatbasket View Post
                              After my update to beta2 I still had the blurred line at the bottom of screen on kodi rc3. Was also having some problems with itvplayer so set up the video cache as last example of http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_the_video_cache So far no blur and less buffering waits.
                              For me this is not working, nothing happened, the blurred line at the bottom still there

Kodi RC3, external usb3 HDD video

Comment

Originally posted by VoD View Post
                                Yes Zahir however if i were to go to tronsmart i guess i will be told to just stay with the stock rom & stay away from all the other Roms as they are not official draco aw80 Rom. Unless they release another official rom with USB3 issue I am afraid my knocking on their door will get unanswered.
                                Anyway, my intention here is to highlight my findings of Finless rom so that Bob can (if that is even possible) fix the issue in his already promising rom
                                I will look at what possibly changed from stock ROM to BETA or Fantasy. It maybe simple like a config.fex change or a driver. So I "might" be able to fix it. If it's in the kernel, not right now as none of the kernel guys here on FT have this box.

Bob
                                "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                                "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                                "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                                "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                                "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                                "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                                "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                                "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                                "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Working...
                                X