This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW - Draco AW80 - Finless ROM 1.1 - BETA2

OK folks.... This ROM is based off the Fantasy ROM since many liked it. But I did a lot to it this time and have learned a lot!

One thing I wish I could have fixed was USB OTG but I wont give up yet. Maybe the next ROM.

So, if you find my work worthy, please feel free to donate.

This ROM comes with no instructions or readme. I will work on that as I do more ROMs.
    I just did not have the time to write that all up.
    So, this means you need to know what your doing and how to use the Phoenix flash tool and drivers. I don't have time right now to write up better instructions.
    Get the tools and instructions fro Geekbuying.

Change log:
    Same stuff as my 1.0 ROM
    1) Debloated of junk
    2) Proper root which doesn't use install recovery script! You wont loose root this way ever.
    3) Updated all Google framework, Play Store, and APPs to latest and this includes superuser and SU binary.
    4) Added init.d support properly (not using install recovery script).
    5) Adjusted some buffer sizes. Let me know if it helps video playback!
    6) Added reboot APP
    7) Put in KK AOSP launcher and cleaned it up. I like the icon layout better.
    8) Adjusted LCD density to 240 so text, icons and things are not so tiny.
    9) Spoofing a Samsung Nexus 10 for better Google App Compatibility. Also adjusted fingerprint for release-keys. The original build.prop is in /system if you want to go back. Just rename using ES File explorer.
    10) Did a little theming

NEW STUFF in 1.1

1) I adjusted the DDR memory clock speed for video playback. It was set really low for some reason. I did not over clock but I brought up the speed to the same as home screen for running APPs. For me this seems to have really improved video playback skips.
    BUT I NEED you picky guys to tell me how it worked for you.
    PLEASE WATCH BOX TEMPS! Mine are OK but I did not play a huge amount of movies all the way through! Just keep an eye on it while testing.

2) Fixed live wallpapers and handler

3) Fixed Google calendar and contacts sync. In fact fixed all Google sync issues. However, the Google contacts APP wont work (phone emulation is ripped from the ROM) so find another contacts APP.

4) Added back some missing frameworks needed for some APP compatibility! So you should have more apps showing compatibility.

5) Fixed up some missing permissions and XML files Google looks at. Again should improve APP compatibility.

6) Fixed Location Services. Now Google Earth, Maps, or any other APP needing location services will work. Remember to turn it on as I left it off by default!

7) Camera APP is now fixed and works! I tested it with my Logitec C110.

8) Some other tweaks here and there that I do not fully remember now... Sorry... But here are some.
    Added busybox (it was missing), Stock AOSP Email and MS Exchange added, Text to Speech now fixed, fix missing libraries and bad libraries, other stuff I do not remember now...

Download this and unzip it. You will have a .img file. Use the Phoenix Suite flash tool to flash this.

ROM -> Draco AW80 - Finless 1.1 ROM (332 megs)

Enjoy,
    Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Wonderful news, Bob, thanks for all the hard and creative work. Will try and revert.

Comment

TWRP Recovery and the Beta2 ROM

Bob,

Can we use TWRP Recovery to install from SD instead of the USB OTG port? Will that work?

I'll test out if showbox.apk will work with this ROM.

Thanks,

-Ted

Comment

That is one thing I forgot in my change log. My modified TWRP now comes in the ROM.

TWRP will not flash a Phoenix Suite image so you have to use the tool. Or use the Phoenix card approach but that will require work on your part.

Bob

Comment

Showbox confirmed working on my 1.1 ROM.

Someone have the Popcorn time APK so I can check it?

Bob

Comment

Outstanding - This is The One to Beat

OK, I can't claim this is a rigorous test - but after all the Draco roms I've sampled, I can quickly discern performance where it counts: Bob, you've done it. This is the one to beat.

1. General feel/interface: everything is quicker, there's that trademark Finless ease to the interface, menus, and page transitions. Playstore downloads are fast, apps open quickly, the stock browser is really slick.

Antutu score, not surprisingly, surpasses that on the original Fantasy rom:

2. 1080p: 4 different high-quality streams in XBMC streamed well-nigh perfectly. The smoothest playback I've seen on this box. Note: NO frame skips or drops with any of the 4.

Beyond technical excellence, your tweaks to frame buffers and video memory speed pay off hugely in the overall smoothness of tricky panning and fast action scenes where every other rom falls down: very little or no micro-stutter at all- that's a major performance boost, which could only be enhanced with frequency switching.

3. NAS playback is similarly boosted; two blu-ray 1080p mkvs played as smooth as butter in MX Player Pro.

4. LAN (ethernet) SpeedTest speaks for itself:

In just two rapid installments, you have lifted this a80 box to a completely new level.
            Attached Files

Comment

Watch box temps please. Let me know. If they remain cool I can bump the DDR speed to max from 480 to 672 (which is allowed) which surely will do even better!

I think I found a way with TWRP to flash just the config.sys part so I may be able to offer tweaks to those that want it and can go back easily without erasing and reflashing. That's my desire anyway.

More to do but glad it's working out!

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                Watch box temps please. Let me know. If they remain cool I can bump the DDR speed to max from 480 to 672 (which is allowed) which surely will do even better!

I think I found a way with TWRP to flash just the config.sys part so I may be able to offer tweaks to those that want it and can go back easily without erasing and reflashing. That's my desire anyway.

More to do but glad it's working out!

Bob
                So far, no sign of heating up, but I'll keep my hand on it (!).

Sweet, sweet rom, some Carlsbergs on the way.
                Last edited by Zahir; 12-16-2014, 22:56.

Comment

As always Thank You

In, updating, easy,
                  Will advise of any anomalies.

Cheers

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                  OK folks.... This ROM is based off the Fantasy ROM since many liked it. But I did a lot to it this time and have learned a lot!

Enjoy,
                  Bob
                  treboR
                  Please consider
                  Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                    As always Thank You

In, updating, easy,
                    Will advise of any anomalies.

Cheers
                    Trebor could you point me towards the updating tool,drivers & instructions please.I wanna read up on this.
                    Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Using alternate method found by Zahir, easy as.

Or the Other Method

Originally posted by blinkone View Post
                      Trebor could you point me towards the updating tool,drivers & instructions please.I wanna read up on this.
                      Last edited by trebor; 12-16-2014, 21:50. Reason: more info
                      treboR
                      Please consider
                      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

is there a xbmc to use with it yet? if so where to get it? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                          Using alternate method found by Zahir, easy as.

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...e-Flash-Method
                          Awesome thanks now that does sound easy. the instructions say
                          We use PhoenixCard_V309 to create a production SD card. Please don’t use the SD card reader built-in of the laptop as it may not support the special writing that is needed when creating production SD card. We use a USB card reader instead,,,,

Is there any way to no if the sd card reader writer in the laptop will be ok or not
                          Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Tnx, Bob

BTW: I tryed to boost SD cache performance on the your first ROM.
                            Changed SD cache value to 1024 and governor to performance. Achived up to 59k in Antutu

Comment

My Tronsmart Telos Died

Hello Bob,
                              I need your help asap I just tried your new Rom 1 hr ago everything went fine i was in the middle of updating a few of my video sources when my Telos turned off and will not turn back on. No power led light. i have changed out let, changed to a different Telos power cord no luck. Maybe its overheating.Can you Help with a trouble shoot.

Comment

Working...
                              X