This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
    The same at stock rom... maybe not enough power at the port... will try an active HUB...
    OK, with an active HUB (shown as usbhost0 at ES) it works, but it's only an USB2.0 HUB...
    Seems to be a problem because of power (spin-on)...
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by Zahir View Post
      1. Paid apps show up and install fine here

2. No HDMI issues

3. Dolphin 11. from the Play Store installs and runs (on the Fantasy rom it crashed). I don't use Flash, don't know which sites people use and so can't confirm it works.

After running this box continuously for 14 hours, it gets warmer than with the stock rom, but in no way that worries me. H264 video in XBMC and MX Player remains the best of any rom. I suspect improvements in H265 call for new or optimized PowerVR drivers.
      You may install Flash player 11.1.115.11 from Archived flash player and test with phim3s.net

Comment

The same at stock rom... maybe not enough power at the port... will try an active HUB...
        Yes it appears from Dmesg that some power issue is happening. Voltage drops and it tries to check battery conditions and fails as we have no battery. It also puts WIFI in standby!

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Also when you plugged in. Look what happened. Cache got corrupted! So pretty sure the voltage hit is causing problems.

<6>[ 3.813902] fs_mgr: Running /system/bin/e2fsck on /dev/block/by-name/cache
          <4>[ 3.856347] e2fsck->main: e2fsck start...
          <4>[ 3.856375] e2fsck->pipe_write: pipe_write type=1
          <6>[ 3.874175] e2fsck: e2fsck 1.41.14 (22-Dec-2010)
          <6>[ 3.874241] e2fsck: /dev/block/by-name/cache: clean, 12/40960 files, 5257/163840 blocks
          <6>[ 3.882217] EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p15): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: nomblk_io_submit,barrier=1
          <7>[ 3.882254] SELinux: initialized (dev mmcblk0p15, type ext4), uses xattr
          <7>[ 3.893743] EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p1): ext4_orphan_cleanup: deleting unreferenced inode 115181
          <7>[ 3.894394] EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p1): ext4_orphan_cleanup: deleting unreferenced inode 115240
          <7>[ 3.895259] EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p1): ext4_orphan_cleanup: deleting unreferenced inode 115219
          <7>[ 3.895367] EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p1): ext4_orphan_cleanup: deleting unreferenced inode 115208
          <7>[ 3.899727] EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p1): ext4_orphan_cleanup: deleting unreferenced inode 114977
          <6>[ 3.899829] EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p1): 5 orphan inodes deleted
          <6>[ 3.899839] EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p1): recovery complete
          <6>[ 3.946533] EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p1): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: nomblk_io_submit,errors=remount-ro

Bob

Comment

OK, with an active HUB (shown as usbhost0 at ES) it works, but it's only an USB2.0 HUB...
            Seems to be a problem because of power (spin-on)...
            OK, I have two other external 2.5" HDD which both use a case with ASMedia AS2105 (ASM1051) chip set... (VID:174C PID:5106)
            - The 'Hitachi HTS545032B9A300 320GB SATA-II 300MBs 5400-Umin 8MB 12ms' works
            - The 'HGST Travelstar 7K1000 1TB 2.5 SATA-III' NOT (also at the X8 only with active HUB)

The HGST is recognised as USB6002 (like USB5002 for the WD) BUT the Hitachi as 8_1 (but contains two partions)???

At USB 2.0 the WD works (as usbhost2 at ES ??), the HGST (as USB1004 at ES) NOT and the Hitachi (as 8_1 at ES ??) of cause also works...
            RK3288 Devices
            - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
            Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
            Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
            Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
              Also when you plugged in. ...
              The funny thing is, that I boot with it already attached/plugged
              But I think that's the moment where the system tries to connect to the HDD...
              RK3288 Devices
              - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Maybe..... On the S802 early on they increased cache partition size (from 32megs to 64 megs) to support drives 1TB and larger.

Maybe if I increase cache partition it will solve some drive issues.

Later this week we will try.

But my 1TB drive did work but I have 2 partitions.

Bob

Comment

Needless to say, these drive issues are probably on all ROMs so far!

Bob

Comment

Needless to say, these drive issues are probably on all ROMs so far!

Bob
                    Really? You aren't able to manage the power at the port? (just kidding )
                    RK3288 Devices
                    - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Originally posted by frhdt007 View Post
                      You may install Flash player 11.1.115.11 from Archived flash player and test with phim3s.net
                      OK, I'm pressed for time right now, but this is what I found:

1. Dolphin for Android installed from the Play Store, Flash 11.1.115.11 installed, Flash Always On

2. At your (Vietnamese?) video site: all on screen flash animations are active; I was able to play trailers and clips in very good quality. I couldn't get a full-length movie to work(membership required?)
                      Last edited by Zahir; 12-17-2014, 16:29.

Comment

Really? You aren't able to manage the power at the port? (just kidding )
                        Maybe not understanding? Your drive that did not work I thought you tried powered USB hub?

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Zahir View Post
                          OK, I'm pressed for time right now, but this is what I found:

1. Dolphin for Android installed from the Play Store, Flash 11.1.115.11 installed, Flash Always On

2. At your (Vietnamese?) video site: all on screen flash animations are active; I was able to play trailers and clips in very good quality. I couldn't get a full-length movie to work(membership required?)
                          That works! Thanks. Yes it's Vietnamese site.

Comment

Maybe not understanding? Your drive that did not work I thought you tried powered USB hub?

Bob
                            Maybe a misunderstanding?

The 'WD Elements 1TB 2.5' works without an active USB-HUB at an USB 2.0 port at the Draco, BUT not at the USB 3.0 port at the Draco (only with an active USB-HUB (but 2.0 and not 3.0))...

I didn't test the 'HGST Travelstar 7K1000 1TB' at the external 2.5" case with an active USB-HUB (didn't work at both, the 2.0 and the 3.0 (but that wasn't a surprise, because I know from the minix x8 that I need an active USB-HUB (at the USB 2.0)))...

So it must be a power issue at the USB 3.0 port... and I'm wondering (as kidding / just a joke) that you aren't able to fix this problem by manage the power at the USB 3.0 port (of cause you aren't able) ...
                            RK3288 Devices
                            - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

My WD Passport Ultra 2T external USB3 HDD, plugged in USB3 back port work great with no problem
                              named usbhost0
                              One partition NTFS fs

Comment

finless job ROM 1.1

Hello there. Bob google play store is picking up my paid apps now, must have been when I rebooted the box. The HDMI unplug and plug back in to get sound still needs looking at though. Thanks. PS. That's when you have time Thad is. Thanks.
                                Last edited by bigall123; 12-18-2014, 17:44.

Comment

Working...
                                X