Lollipop on the Draco?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lollipop on the Draco?

Could the wetek lollipop be ported to Draco (cooked)? Also I see links that Allwinner was showing of Lollipop on a80 tv but looks to be taken down, any info on this? Maybe port a33 when it's released in a week or so?

Originally posted by otisrhw View Post
    Could the wetek lollipop be ported to Draco (cooked)? Also I see links that Allwinner was showing of Lollipop on a80 tv but looks to be taken down, any info on this? Maybe port a33 when it's released in a week or so?
    Beside Nexus Player, only device to support Android Lollipop 5.0.2 and Android TV on market is WeTek Play.

About others I dont know, but there was some video about lollipop at AllWinner A80 but it is never released to public.

Comment

Originally posted by droidelec View Post
      Beside Nexus Player, only device to support Android Lollipop 5.0.2 and Android TV on market is WeTek Play.

About others I dont know, but there was some video about lollipop at AllWinner A80 but it is never released to public.
      The Lollipop 5.2 will be ported to tronsmart draco aw80 for sure, i already see the demo. but just like what op said, allwinner make it happen, and show a demo video ( actually, the demo is made in the draco aw80 pcba), however, google ask allwinner to take down, google still need to talk to those chip supplier, and talk how to make the lollipop on the oem products.

we will see what happened, but i am confidence that it will come soon.

for amlogic chip device, i also see the android 5.0 on Amlogic S805 chip, but i don't know, if google will ask them to take down those later.

Eric
      Looking for developers
      http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

That's what I don't get why are the video of a33 ok but not a80 must have to do with the Google TV version, maybe they didn't anounce it yet

Comment

Originally posted by geekbuying View Post
          The Lollipop 5.2 will be ported to tronsmart draco aw80 for sure, i already see the demo. but just like what op said, allwinner make it happen, and show a demo video ( actually, the demo is made in the draco aw80 pcba), however, google ask allwinner to take down, google still need to talk to those chip supplier, and talk how to make the lollipop on the oem products. Eric
          Hi Eric,
          So it seems then that the delay in getting Lollipop on our Drako machines is due to Google being cautious about how Android TV can be used by OEMs.

In the meantime, the Drako box is sadly faulty, and unacceptably in my opinion. As I am sure you know, the use of a physical keyboard is very problematic, and the bottom of the video playback is distorted (vertical smear). I was hoping lollipop would come a lot sooner, and that it would take care of these two major problems.

Any further info on this?
          tx
          Mark.
          Out: USB audio, HDMI
          In: Logitech K400 keyboards

Comment

There was an updated response on the Tronsmart forum dated 2-25-15 from the tronsmart representative...

"...Yes, android 5.0 will be porting to draco aw80, it is in our plan. we promise.

however, we must release a better android 4.4 firmware, like you said, it is slow, we collect different feedback, and want to solve those problems before we release.

after the steady android 4.4 firmware, android 5.0 beta will on the way.

Comment

+1

I think before Tronsmart, sunchip and allwinner begin to experiment with newer releases and using us as a laboratory animal they have to fix the GPU/VPU lib problems at the 4.4.2, because these libs are the responsibility of allwinner and without them working correctly now way to fix it with e.g. Lollipop (btw: I don't need LP)...
              RK3288 Devices
              - Overview BOX (LINK !)
              - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
              UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
              Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
              Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
              Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

+1
                Even a Bigger plus one.....
                Fellow Lab-Rats (sorry, and pun intended)

Pressure Allwinner, Sunchip and then Tronsmart to get the Box working as intended.
                Then it will only a small step to move onto the next big thing.

Cheers.
                treboR
                Please consider
                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                  +1
                  Even a Bigger plus one.....
                  Fellow Lab-Rats (sorry, and pun intended)

Pressure Allwinner, Sunchip and then Tronsmart to get the Box working as intended.
                  Then it will only a small step to move onto the next big thing.

Cheers.
                  well more shit firmware! glad i bought nexus player n put lollirock on it! If i have time i will try to port it to draco now that we have 5.0 tree n key.

Comment

well more shit firmware! glad i bought nexus player n put lollirock on it! If i have time i will try to port it to draco now that we have 5.0 tree n key.
                    All good things can take time...

Look forward to any work you may produce
                    Cheers
                    treboR
                    Please consider
                    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                      (btw: I don't need LP)...
                      for me, it is not about lollipop, but Android TV... which only works with lollipop.
                      I would love to be using that interface instead of a giant tablet interface on my TV.

Anyhow, I'm definitely going to get the Nvidia Shield Console, the features and support are in a different league from the Drako.

Comment

Originally posted by fredphoesh View Post
                        for me, it is not about lollipop, but Android TV... which only works with lollipop.
                        I would love to be using that interface instead of a giant tablet interface on my TV.

Anyhow, I'm definitely going to get the Nvidia Shield Console, the features and support are in a different league from the Drako.
                        I wonder if you will still be saying that after you use it, I used to think the same thing.

Comment

I wonder if you will still be saying that after you use it, I used to think the same thing.
                          I love the way it looks, and the voice search and headphone use via the remote... what did you not like?

Comment

Originally posted by fredphoesh View Post
                            I love the way it looks, and the voice search and headphone use via the remote... what did you not like?
                            I felt restricted and I like my freedom! It's not bad with sideload launcher. I use kodi, Showbox and HD Cinema (no cable) if the app is not built for Leanback it doesn't work right and won't even install without sideloader.

Comment

I felt restricted and I like my freedom! It's not bad with sideload launcher. I use kodi, Showbox and HD Cinema (no cable) if the app is not built for Leanback it doesn't work right and won't even install without sideloader.
                              Yeah, but of course one would use a hacked version of the Android TV launcher that allows sideloading... and Kodi does work on those. What is Leanback?

Comment

Working...
                              X