OculusVR / Oculus Rift DK2 support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OculusVR / Oculus Rift DK2 support?

I am curious if anyone has had any success getting the rift working with this box.
    I tried to connect mine, but I get no video on the screen.

Maybe Bob can shed some light on this.

Thanks

Hmmm, if I search for 'OculusVR Android' the first hit is that Oculus VR is looking for a "Senior Android Engineer" and the third hit is a BETA release at the playstore (with 1,6 of 5 points)...
    So why do you think you will find a solution like "by-the-way"?
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

and not to forget the third hit for me

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
        Hmmm, if I search for 'OculusVR Android' the first hit is that Oculus VR is looking for a "Senior Android Engineer" and the third hit is a BETA release at the playstore (with 1,6 of 5 points)...
        So why do you think you will find a solution like "by-the-way"?
        Sigh...
        Read those, thanks. I'm sure that app is great. No thanks.

The oculus works with other devices as an HDMI display. It is good for watching 3D movies. Getting all the rest of it working is not what I am asking for here. I am not getting a video signal at all. That should be a small step.
        The device defaults to 1920x1080 @ 75hz, the Tronsmart AW80 does it at 60hz. On the PC, I can force 60hz and I still get a video signal, curious that I get nothing on the Draco.

BTW, the oculus works as a display on windows, Mac, and Linux without installing the rift software. Of course it is just a dumb display, but it can be used to watch 3D movies that way.

I didn't ask to be flamed, I was hoping Finless may enlighten me, if this could be a simple video driver mod.

Thanks.
        Last edited by vider; 12-31-2014, 07:55.

Comment

Originally posted by vider View Post
          The device defaults to 1920x1080 @ 75hz, the Tronsmart AW80 does it at 60hz. On the PC, I can force 60hz and I still get a video signal, curious that I get nothing on the Draco...
          I don't know what you mean if you say "force 60hz"? Does it mean it works at 75hz automatically?
          I hadn't checked it jet at the A80, but at the RK3288 I know that there exist some edid communication, so you can only use the returned resolutions... maybe missing at oculus?
          RK3288 Devices
          - Overview BOX (LINK !)
          - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
          UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Working...
          X