Make a NAS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make a NAS

I would like to make a low power consumption NAS with this AW80 box.
    Anyone can explain me how can i make it, in case it is ever possible ?
    How can i acces it from internet ?

Will be great is someone already done it.
    Tronsmart AW80 Draco- Dovless 1.09, based on Finless 1.1

I think you need something like a Samba Server running at the Android

:
    (I think someone with experience can something else recommend)

Internet:
    Here you have to configure your router (especially the firewall) to forward the ports to the IP of the AW80 (not rejecting the requests from the internet)....
    Also you need a way to connect it with a static address... I think you will get dynamic ip's so you have to use something like dynDNS to get your own Domain (e.g. marphsai49.dydndns.org) to connect the AW80 via a port... But of cause your router should handle the update of the IP at the Domain-hoster....
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

I think in xbmc setting you have the samba and media server integrate.
      T428 ,Radxa Rock (RR), cs918s v1.0, waiting for my X7...

Comment

I wouldn't just punch holes in the firewall if you're planning on accessing your NAS over samba from the Internet. Bad idea!

You really need to either set up VPN or an SSH server to tunnel it over.

Comment

Oh, and I'm using SambaDroid and Kodi for the NAS part, and it works great!

SambaDroid for normal network drive to mount on your Windows /Mac /Linux machines, and Kodi for sharing media over DLNA so you can stream your media directly from TV, Roku, whatever.

And the network speed on the AW80 is really good!

Comment

I already finished seting up a NAS with it ( I used Synology usb station 2 until now):

Samba Server: Samba Droid - allows windows shares (on default port).
            I tested other servers but most o them did not used default SMB port, so not visible in Windows.
            (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...mbadroid&hl=en)

FTP server: Servers Ultimate (used only FTP server from all of them - I needed passive ports and it comes as option only in this package, also autostart server after boot)

A torrent client: ttorrent pro, (or droid transmission, I will test it in future, has few useful options as "seed until reaching a certain ratio, a web server to manage torrents, but I don't know if is stable - it was ported from original transmission bt)

DLNA server : Bubbleupnp https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...unlocker&hl=en

All of this servers autostart after a reboot, making no headache if a power failure or a reset is done.

As media player I use MxPlayer on device (kodi is not working fluent and has problems with spdif passthrough)
            I have an external hdd 1TB usb 2.0 connected on device where all the data is gathered....
            I use Kodi on Macbook/Windows Laptop to watch movies from the NAS (upnp)
            Ftp to add torrents to download when I am not at home.

Comment

Originally posted by modream View Post
              I already finished seting up a NAS with it ( I used Synology usb station 2 until now):

Samba Server: Samba Droid - allows windows shares (on default port).
              I tested other servers but most o them did not used default SMB port, so not visible in Windows.
              (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...mbadroid&hl=en)

FTP server: Servers Ultimate (used only FTP server from all of them - I needed passive ports and it comes as option only in this package, also autostart server after boot)

A torrent client: ttorrent pro, (or droid transmission, I will test it in future, has few useful options as "seed until reaching a certain ratio, a web server to manage torrents, but I don't know if is stable - it was ported from original transmission bt)

DLNA server : Bubbleupnp https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...unlocker&hl=en

All of this servers autostart after a reboot, making no headache if a power failure or a reset is done.

As media player I use MxPlayer on device (kodi is not working fluent and has problems with spdif passthrough)
              I have an external hdd 1TB usb 2.0 connected on device where all the data is gathered....
              I use Kodi on Macbook/Windows Laptop to watch movies from the NAS (upnp)
              Ftp to add torrents to download when I am not at home.
              I want to build something like this, I have a RPi doing this, more or less and I was looking to a BananaPi for this, but as i was considering using a TVBox instead ...

Which TVBox are you using?
              Do you have the external hdd 1TB usb 2.0 connected to the TVBox, Right?
              Which speeds can you get when copying to it from the computer?
              Do you have the Box Networked or via Wifi?
              Does the Box support HDMI-CEC?

Thanks!!!

Comment

Working...
              X