Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GJayJayG View Post
    Ok I see, thank you.

Source a shit nevertheless, cannot do much until they (allwinner & tronsmart) release proper or better SKD / NDK, everytime I change something via makemenu config, resulting kernel wont boot...
    I think it isn't up to tronsmart (because I think they had to sign a NP agreement), but it's up to allwinner to publish, in context with GPL, the actual kernel-source (but I think it's the same story like at e.g. Amlogic which, if I'm not wrong, publish an useless basic kernel-source...)...
    The SDK is another story...
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Dear Bob,

Thank you for your advices.

EDIT, REASON: found solution;
      Would it be possible to also package TWRP inside ROMs, using ImgRepacker or other method. Do you have a few pointers on that?
      Yes just replace recovery.fex with the TWRP and repack the AllWinner image.

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
        Yes just replace recovery.fex with the TWRP and repack the AllWinner image.

Bob
        yep, thx I had given it a try before you replied
        (I'll try to integrate this into all future ROMs)

also that also did the trick, but with some more steps

Comment

Can I also download it somewhere without using a (un)social network ?

EDIT
          Ok, google is my friend http://www.google.de/search?q=boot-repacker-401+zip
          RK3288 Devices
          - Overview BOX (LINK !)
          - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
          UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

yep, thx I had given it a try before you replied
            (I'll try to integrate this into all future ROMs)

also that also did the trick, but with some more steps
            http://boot-repacker.blogspot.ch/
            Well I am all setup in Linux for pack/repack of boot/rexcovery so I will stick with that

Bob
            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Hi GJayJayG, Finless!
              I'm trying to compile the kernel for Tronsmart AW80 with USB touch screen enabled and USB-to-Serial support enabled.
              As a first step I tried to compile the kernel without any modifications using instructions from the first post (and the source from the links provided in first post - didn't find the newer\better kernel source).
              The kernel compiled without issues, but I didn't build the full android (I tried, but it failed).
              Then I used imgRePacker 2.05 tool under Windows (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1753473) to unpack firmware image, then unpack boot image (after that i get kernel+ramfs). Then I replace kernel file with bImage file from output dir of my built kernel, repack boot image and the firmware image.
              After that I flash the image with PhoenixCard and get the black screen after the boot splash (no boot animation etc).

If I just unpack\repack without replacing the file everything is OK (so I think imgRePacker is not the issue).
              But because the size of my kernel is a little bit larger I'm not sure if it repacks correctly (although if I then unpack again and do binary compare of the files - everything matches)

I'm using sunchip-CX-X8-A99-A80-6335-20150323 ROM.

Any ideas what is wrong with the kernel or repack process?
              Thanks

Comment

Still no luck with making kernel work.
                I am able to successfully compile kernel using instructions in 1st post and exactly the same system in VirtualBox.
                Then I replace kernel in ROM (I tried with draco_aw80_dovless_1.13.img) using imgRePacker (unpack firmware, unpack boot.fex, replace kernel inside boot.fex dump with compiled bImage file, repack boot.fex, repack firmware) and flash it.
                System hangs on boot screen.
                Tried also to replace modules in /system/vendor/modules with compiled ones and nand.ko inside boot.fex also.
                Still no luck with booting.

What am I doing wrong?

I tried also compiling the whole ROM (using 1st post instructions) but don't know what to select in lunch.
                If I select default item (aosp_arm-eng) I get an error after extract-bsp command: "unknow CHIP_VERSION"
                If I select any of the options "jaws_*" - I get an error after extract-bsp (it cannot find and copy bImage and modules)

If I proceed with "make -j8" command I get an error soon after the process start: "MODULE.TARGET.EXECUTABLES.fsck_msdos already defined by external/fsck_msdos"

Actually I think I don't need building full Android, just need to figure what's wrong with the kernel or boot.img.
                Can anybody help please ?

Comment

Hi, i recently purchased tronsmart draco aw80 telos. Can someone please provide the kernel modules for CIFS support, if possible, or give me the know-how to compile them!

Comment

Working...
                  X