Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UBUNTU 14.04 PORTING TO TRONSMART DRACO AW80 WITH HARDWARE ACCELERATION

Hi Guys:

Tronsmart just release the linux image(base on lubuntu 14.04) on their official site for the Draco AW80.
    check the link here;

http://www.tronsmart.com/forum/tronsmart-draco-aw80-stock-firmware-release/430-linux-image-lubuntu-14-04-for-draco-aw80-release#1879

Please grab the linux image here:

www.mediafire.com/download/5u967o5cg631a…_Ubuntu_20150204.zip

and check the install instruction here:

www.mediafire.com/download/n7ds1h4n6ggzd…ers&instructions.zip

root user account: linaro, and password is also linaro.

From our customer service report, a lot of person are waiting for this!! I am so excited and tried it immediately.

Compared with others, the Tronsmart Draco AW80 is the first octa core tv box which can support hardware acceleration in Linux. Before this, i have tested the firefly rk3288 development board, and other brand products which claim support linux. Without hardware acceleration support, video playback is just the nightmare.

Ok, let’s check this new linux image:

First boot up:

It’s the clean lubuntu 14.04 menu, and build in some useful toos like chromium,file manager, Leafpad, and Terminal.

i did some screenshot with the built shutter tool:

System file manager:

VLC media player. I was told in this release, they use the VLC as default media player, and xbmc porting is already on the way. and though the hardware acceleration is ok, some videos like 4K and h.265 still have problems, they are also working on it. I use this VLC player to play some 1080p videos in my 1TB HDD, they are smooth.

next i test to play online video, try to visit msn video, and it’s watchable right now;

also tronsmart built the wifi manage tools, which is very useful, we can see from the following photos,the wifi is working great, can find 2.4Ghz and 5.8Ghz signal, and i also test to connect, without any problem.

I am still trying to learn more about ubunut, but now, i can say, this firmware is a huge improvement compare with their early beta release. Well Done, Tronsmart!

If you find any problem about this release, feel free to leave comment below, we will be happy to help transfer to tronsmart, and push them fix.

Enjoy!

Eric
    GeekBuying
    Souce:http://bit.ly/1zRs7Gp
    Coupons Updated Every Day: https://bit.ly/2RnbHUi

Deals for TV Boxes & Mini PC: https://bit.ly/2s7ugxD

It's a relief they came through! I was biting my nails for a while . It gives me hope that they will fulfill the rest of their promises.

Comment

Don't let PhoenixSuit 1.06 update to 1.09. Error messages generated "cannot run on this PC"
      I'm running Windows 8.1 64-bit Pro reference

Comment

Originally posted by Zone View Post
        Don't let PhoenixSuit 1.06 update to 1.09. Error messages generated "cannot run on this PC"
        I'm running Windows 8.1 64-bit Pro reference

Thats no really so I'm using 8.1 it worked fine I tried the Linux firmware but its very limited. synaptic installed fine to update and add vlc, and clementine. kodi couldnt load but xbmc 12.2 loaded. its a disaster couldn't get mouse and keyboard support i will try wired tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by lemack View Post
          Thats no really so I'm using 8.1 it worked fine I tried the Linux firmware but its very limited. synaptic installed fine to update and add vlc, and clementine. kodi couldnt load but xbmc 12.2 loaded. its a disaster couldn't get mouse and keyboard support i will try wired tonight.
          I'm not sure what's going wrong I just tried upgrading it again after uninstalling and got the same result.

Comment

=> http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post279857
            RK3288 Devices
            - Overview BOX (LINK !)
            - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
            UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
            Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
            Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
            Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
              oh, seems you have try it, any feedback?
              Coupons Updated Every Day: https://bit.ly/2RnbHUi

Deals for TV Boxes & Mini PC: https://bit.ly/2s7ugxD

Comment

Originally posted by GeekBuying_Rep View Post
                I keep getting the error "distribution template for Linaro/Trusty not found." trying to add app source.

Comment

Originally posted by GeekBuying_Rep View Post
                  Yes, but meanwhile I ask myself, is it really VPU support or 'only' GPU support and do they handle it via OpenGL (GLX extensions to the X Server) so that's why high bit rate MKV 1080P and maybe also KODI doesn't work?
                  Also because of "some videos like 4K and h.265 still have problems"...
                  RK3288 Devices
                  - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                  - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                  UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                  Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                  Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                  Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

i want to repair to andriod from this linux UBUNTU 14.04

what can i do ???

i have use PhoenixSuit with usb port , but i cant , i have update to about 50% error not finish

Comment

Originally posted by AlexNg View Post
                      i want to repair to andriod from this linux UBUNTU 14.04

what can i do ???

i have use PhoenixSuit with usb port , but i cant , i have update to about 50% error not finish
                      Flash from sd card as described here http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...e-Flash-Method

Comment

Originally posted by Boxx View Post
                        Flash from sd card as described here http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...e-Flash-Method
                        thanks reply

but i cant recovery to Andriod , everytime lag at opening pic , cant goto the green bar Boot from SD

i think is my AW80 is cant use boot from SD , may be i'm using lastest beta ver AW80

Comment

youtube playback problem

Hi Folks,

I've upgarded to this firmware: Draco AW80_Ubuntu_20150204

Youtube playback has very low quality and not suitable for me. In pleyer settings I have 360p (highest value).
                          The same video on same TV but with android much-much-more better. Do you have the same situation?
                          I tested with chromium on ubuntu and youtube app / factory browser on android.

Another minor problem also rised: there are missing cc 20-30 px missing on the edge are (top-left-bottom-right) on full hd TV with 1920x1080 resolution ubuntu settings.

Comment

Originally posted by paprika3002 View Post
                            Hi Folks,

I've upgarded to this firmware: Draco AW80_Ubuntu_20150204

Youtube playback has very low quality and not suitable for me. In pleyer settings I have 360p (highest value).
                            The same video on same TV but with android much-much-more better. Do you have the same situation?
                            I tested with chromium on ubuntu and youtube app / factory browser on android.

Another minor problem also rised: there are missing cc 20-30 px missing on the edge are (top-left-bottom-right) on full hd TV with 1920x1080 resolution ubuntu settings.
                            We will transfer this to factory, and check if they can fix in the new release.

Eric
                            Geekbuying
                            Looking for developers
                            http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

Hi Eric,

Thank you so much.
                              And a short update: youtube playing like a charm on best quality with minitube 2.0.
                              Just don't forget to install gstreamer-asla.

Originally posted by geekbuying View Post
                              We will transfer this to factory, and check if they can fix in the new release.

Eric
                              Geekbuying

Comment

Working...
                              X