Just ordered my Tronsmart AW80 Draco, do I have to set it up? New to this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just ordered my Tronsmart AW80 Draco, do I have to set it up? New to this

Hi new to all these streaming TV boxes and ordered myself the Tronsmart AW80 Draco and need to know if I can use it right out the box or need to set it up? I'm mainly using it for kodi, and hopefully adding some old school Nintendo and new school games, is there a sticky on directions or where to start and what to do?? Thanks very much in advance for all help!

Originally posted by Tommyjerzboy View Post
    Hi new to all these streaming TV boxes and ordered myself the Tronsmart AW80 Draco and need to know if I can use it right out the box or need to set it up? I'm mainly using it for kodi, and hopefully adding some old school Nintendo and new school games, is there a sticky on directions or where to start and what to do?? Thanks very much in advance for all help!
    You have to set it up. If you can do it with a smartphone than you wont have trouble, not much to configure.
    I think no one is really happy with the stock rom. I use the homlet rom and i like it, but the others arent bad, too.
    All the stickies that you need are here, just read some.
    I would start by flashing a rom, configure android settings then configure kodi.
    Its really not that hard and all the information is already written here.

Comment

Thanks for that info, is there a main sticky I should look for? That I can follow step by step instructions to do that? My smart phone is an iPhone is that an issue? Thanks again.

Comment

YES, very bad, no just kidding, but it means, that you are new at Android

So I would do the following:

1. Have a look at http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...8-Boot-from-SD and use this rom http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ock-20141219v1 at the SD.
        (you can also use the SD way to flash a rom... then you have to use [Produce]... but there also exists a sticky http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...e-Flash-Method...)

2. Boot from the SD and play a little bit with the Android, also install app's (you need an account at Google Play Store) and if you sure the step you had done is ok and everything works as you want it should work, power of the device, remove the SD and reboot the internal Android at eMMC/NAND and reproduce the step... and then again and again and again...
        RK3288 Devices
        - Overview BOX (LINK !)
        - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
        UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Thank you for that info and link, I'll starting reading it now so I can learn what I'm dealing with here once I receive my Draco, hopefully it doesn't take to long to get here. Thanks again.

Comment

thanks

thanks guys for your help. i'm waiting for my tronsmart draco to arrive to and i've never updated firmware this way before. i updated firmware on my probox2 ex but i simply did it right from the box with es file explorer. i'll try and get it to work.

Comment

Working...
            X