DOVLESS-1.13 ROM : Information and features
    ==================

DOWNLOAD LINK

Mirrors (thx to 4pda guys )
    1. https://yadi.sk/d/YFef0_JMedxa9
    2. https://yadi.sk/d/57XIy-R2edxeW

BACKUP/RESTORE SCRIPTS FOR USB KEY PREPARATION (data.tar) :
    backup_restore_scripts.zip

This rom contains the following modifications applied to Finless ROM 1.1 - BETA2:
    1) OVERCLOCK (672 MHZ vs 600 for RAM and 1800MHZ vs 1600MHZ for CPU).
    2) RESTORE USERDATA AND AUTO INSTALL OF ANY APK (YOU NEED A PREPARED USB KEY FOR THIS OPTION)
    3) TWEAKS VIA SUGGESTED BUILD.PROP ADDITIONS & powervr.ini changes (thx to 4pda.ru users)
    4) TWRP RECOVERY
    5) COSMETICS/DISPLAY TWEAKS & VISUAL CHANGES
    -100%/FULLSCREEN by default: script to push settings to settings.db (NEED PRIOR ACCESS TO "SETTINGS MENU" TO WORK, QUICKLY ENTER SETTINGS ON FIRST BOOT)
    -Changed bootlogo to neutral/anonymous img (I was mad/sad when users like my parents were cursing a this "Finless" box, cause Finless only made it better!)
    -Changed bootanimation to minimalist looping google gears

NAVIGATION BAR IS ON
    USE ROM TOOLBOX TO DISABLE:
    qemu.hw.mainkeys = 0 ==> SET TO 1
    TO REMOVE BAR

==================
    NOTES & DISCLAIMER:
    ==================

* This ROM was made for testing and educational purposes.
    * It is not intended for commercial use.
    * Software included may be subject to copyright.
    * Flash this ROM at your own risk. Developer is not responsible for what you do on your device.

1) For taking advantage of some of the features added to this ROM you will need a USB key.
    2) Please consults "installation" portion of this document to resolve issues encountered
    3) All tests are performed on:
    Maxone CX-X8 4GB/32GB model
    http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Maxon...0M-339872.html

TIPS FOR ADDED BENEFITS:
    Using Rom Toolbox (lite / free version is sufficient)
    via "CPU" button set:

* IO Scheduler:noop (deadline might work better for you)
    * governor:performance

And via "SD Booster"
    SD Card
    cache size to 2048 kb

apply and set "apply on boot" for both CPU and Cache

==================
    USBKEY root directory structure for automated restoring/installation
    ==================

0) this rom can make use of a USB key to restore you prefs and install any provided apk
    1) prepare your USB key with desired files, following this naming/structure convention:

USB KEY ROOT FOLDER:

• data.tar
      • can be created with the provided script backup_restore_scripts.zip
      • import and then run data_backup.sh using rom toolbox, and with your USB key plugged in.
      • (edit data.tar (the raw backup made by data_backup.sh) to only contain desired folders) (useful for XBMC/KODI/TVMC/SPMC add-ons and settings restore)

• /preinstall/mynamedoesnotmatter.apk
    • /preinstall/anynameaswell.apk
    • /preinstall/etc....apk
      • put all the apk you want to have installed during 1st boot

• /settings/com.android.settings_preferences.xml
    • /settings/accounts.db
    • /settings/wpa_supplicant.conf

WHERE:
    "data.tar" is your backup TAR file of "/sdcard/Android/data/" application folders (XBMC/KODI for example), can be created with the provided script backup_restore_scripts.zip
    "preinstall" folder contains the APKs you would like to have installed on 1st boot
    "settings" folder contains your desired preferences files (UI, accounts & Wifi are supported at the moment, see above naming requirements)

==================
    THESE IMGs ARE NOT SUITABLE FOR "STARTUP MODE"
    ==================

PHOENIXCARD CRASHES WHEN USING THIS MODE WITH ALL MY IMGs
    TO FIX YOUR IMAGE FOR STARTUP MODE (BOOT FROM SD)
    IN 3 STEPS:

Use imgRePacker_205 :
    1) drag, "draco_aw80_dovless_1.09.img" on "imgRePacker.exe".
    2) delete ROM draco_aw80_dovless_1.09.img.
    3) drop your folder "draco_aw80_dovless_1.09.img.dump" on "imgRePacker.exe".

Source:
    http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post273578

• If rom still does not boot from SDCard,
    • rebuild and image, reflash it to sdcard and try again,

2nd try worked for 2 users.

If problems with your SDCARD:
    format it using - "HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool 2.2.3" (free tool, google it), then try again.

======================
    CREDITS
    ======================

This ROM is based on "Finless-ROM-1-1-BETA2"
    * FULL Credits & Kudos should go to "Bob aka Finless" for his work, the ROM & his continuous contributions and involvement
    * If you like this work, please donate to Bob! @ https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=3GN5JFZXXQLCA
    * Original ROM discussion thread:
    http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-ROM-1-1-BETA2

Furthermore, the team @ 4pda forum is working really hard with tests and research to compensate Allwinner/tronsmart lack of support.
    A special, big, and deserved thank you ! to them for their work
    and particularly in regards to build.prop / CPU / powervr.ini / sdcard and much more
    , the following users deserve full credits and attribution for their discoveries and general awesomeness:
    * buhsoft2006
    * kuzzman
    * k100Pipo

======================

Tronsmart ROM version:
    http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...s-ROM-1-0-BETA

Previous thread

Previous releases
    Leider konnte Ihre hochgeladene Datei nicht gefunden werden. Laden Sie die Datei neu hoch.

http://www.file-upload.net/download-...08.img.7z.html
    http://www.file-upload.net/download-...s_1.07.7z.html
    www.file-upload.net/download-10127974/draco_aw80_dovless_1.05.7z.html
    http://www.freak-tab.de/finless/drac...ovless_1.02.7z

Changelog
    Code:
    [FONT=system][SIZE=1][COLOR=#0000cd]1.13 
    - updated build.prop & powervr.ini to latest suggested values
    - added ps4 pad support (untested, but please do buy me a ps4 to test)
    - included init.d scripts for various optimisation (from onda a80 tablets) ==> not working right now
    - (attempt to) autoset the 2048kb, performance & noop settings via init.d script [FONT=system][SIZE=1][COLOR=#0000cd]==> not working right now[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    - added MxPlayer codec and push to "download" folder for auto-detection on 1st launch of MxPlayer
    - added various apks (xbmc "tronsmart", youtube, lazy-iptv, romtoolbox, etc...)
    - added TWRP recovery (latest posted by abdul_pt)
    1.09 - thx forum users @ 4pda.ru
    - updated build.prop with latest suggested tweaks
    - updated powervr.ini
    - [/COLOR][URL="http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.freaktab.com%2Fshowthread.php%3F21694-ROM-DOVLESS-1-08-%252817-01-2015%2529-based-on-Finless-ROM-1-1-BETA2%26p%3D272502%26viewfull%3D1%23post272502&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNEUOrgsxpXZHUWMXqSK_gRYMdWPNg"][COLOR=#0000cd]http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?21694-ROM-DOVLESS-1-08-%2817-01-2015%29-based-on-Finless-ROM-1-1-BETA2&p=272502&viewfull=1#post272502[/COLOR][/URL][COLOR=#0000cd]
    - updated build.prop with latest suggested tweaks
    - updated powervr.ini
    - PhoenixCard fix for startup mode not working
    - reverted hosts file
    - tweaked build.prop further
    - build.prop edits and preinstall script modification to remove need for USB, while keeping 1.02 features
    - REMOVED NEED FOR USB KEY, NOW OPTIONAL
    - NO MORE HIRITSU BS
    - UPDATED BUILDPROP WITH "LATEST" suggested changes 
    - initial release [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    Last edited by GJayJayG; 02-12-2015, 22:41. Reason: mirrors

burnt it as startup to sdcard using imgrepacker.
    it doesn´t boot on rikomagic mk80, hangs on bootlogo

Comment

Originally posted by Boxx View Post
      burnt it as startup to sdcard using imgrepacker.
      it doesn´t boot on rikomagic mk80, hangs on bootlogo

THESE IMGs ARE
      NOT SUITABLE FOR "STARTUP MODE"

PHOENIXCARD CRASHES WHEN USING THIS MODE WITH ALL MY IMGs
      TO FIX YOUR IMAGE FOR STARTUP MODE (BOOT FROM SD)
      IN 3 STEPS:

Use imgRePacker_205 :
      1) drag, "draco_aw80_dovless_1.09.img" on "imgRePacker.exe".
      2) delete ROM draco_aw80_dovless_1.09.img.
      3) drop your folder "draco_aw80_dovless_1.09.img.dump" on "imgRePacker.exe".

Source:
      http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post273578

If problems with your SDCARD:
      format it using
      - "HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool 2.2.3" (free tool, google it), then try again.
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Thank you both,

Boxx, you mention Imgrepacker, would you try it again?

For me, burn mode worked at least

Comment

Originally posted by GJayJayG View Post
          Thank you both,

Boxx, you mention Imgrepacker, would you try it again?

For me, burn mode worked at least
          Yes, i repacked the image and it burnt ok but hangs on moon logo while booting.
          It is a brand new 32gb qumox sdcard.
          I will try another card...

Comment

Checked startup, first one failed, hung at Moon rising, would not load into DF failed at 50%
            Re ran thru Image repacker, re did burn as startup all ok,
            Card also Qumox, weird stuff going on here
            Cheers
            treboR
            Please consider
            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
              Checked startup, first one failed, hung at Moon rising, would not load into DF failed at 50%
              Re ran thru Image repacker, re did burn as startup all ok,
              Card also Qumox, weird stuff going on here
              Cheers
              It finally works.
              I believe this is an issue with phoenix card, not with the rom.
              Most times, phoenix card gives me an error while burning for every rom but sometimes it works.
              Maybe windows 8.1 related?!
              I will try diffrent os from a virtual machine on the weekend and see if that works better.

Thanks for the rom JJ, will play with it tomorrow.

Comment

- (attempt to) autoset the 2048kb, performance & noop settings via init.d script ==> not working right now
                i was a bit irritated that it doesn´t work because i used it on homlet and it always set noop/performance right.
                after some trial and error, i got it working again.
                it works when you:
                install and enable universal init.d and(important!) open(edit) the 99sdcardreadfix script in universal init.d and just save again.
                i dont know whats wrong, stumbled upon it by accident.
                i have done that with all the script, just to be sure there is no more problem like this.

i am not able to overclock to 1800, wonder whats wrong?
                Last edited by Boxx; 02-14-2015, 13:05.

Comment

i was a bit irritated that it doesn´t work because i used it on homlet and it always set noop/performance right.
                  after some trial and error, i got it working again.
                  it works when you:
                  install and enable universal init.d and(important!) open(edit) the 99sdcardreadfix script in universal init.d and just save again.
                  i dont know whats wrong, stumbled upon it by accident.
                  i have done that with all the script, just to be sure there is no more problem like this.

i am not able to overclock to 1800, wonder whats wrong?

Thank you for reporting and for your tests with Init.d. Maybe I'll find a fix based on this.

Regarding CPU speed, that is weird, various apps are reporting 1.8 ghz on my box.

Comment

remote-fix & click-away

i created 2 flashable zips, one for owners of the rikomagic mk80 (makes your remote work incl. power on) and one for removing the "click" sound (works on every rom).

These zips flash to internal memory. You can not flash them to a startup sdcard.
                    please dont use the remote fix on other roms as it contains the build.prop and script.bin of this rom, with some modified lines to make the mouse pointer and power on work.

i suggest to use zip installer for easy installing. no need to connect an usb mouse to navigate twrp.
                    you can buy it for cheap on the playstore or get it for free from the official thread on xda: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1920057

Note: if your device freezes on next boot after flashing, just power off and on again.

added: it´s always a good idea to make a full backup before messing with the system.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Boxx; 02-15-2015, 20:55.

Comment

i created 2 flashable zips, one for owners of the rikomagic mk80 (makes your remote work) and one for removing the "click" sound (works on every rom).
                      the only thing that does not work is waking up the device by remote control when powered off.
                      if somebody knows a fix, please tell me.
                      I love you so much for that!
                      This will go into next release.
                      Thanks!

Comment

:
                        Regarding CPU speed, that is weird, various apps are reporting 1.8 ghz on my box.
                        :
                        Guys, I don't know why you ignores my stress test thread, but if you have a look at it, you will find out, that 1800 at idle isn't a problem, but at that moment the SoC is in use, the temp rises immediately a value where the first throttle step acts to throttle it down to 1600...
                        (and I think that's the reason why at your screen-shoot the SoC was ~1 min at 1800 and ~7 min at 1600)
                        Last edited by no_spam_for_me; 02-14-2015, 17:13. Reason: 'the' and not 'then' (my fingers often too fast for my brain :) )
                        RK3288 Devices
                        - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                        - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                        UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

I love you so much for that!
                          This will go into next release.
                          Thanks!
                          no big deal, really! just replacing the click sound with a blank ogg file.
                          not very elegant but works.
                          Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                          Guys, I don't know why you ignores my stress test thread, but if you have a look at it, you will find out, that 1800 at idle isn't a problem, but at that moment the SoC is in use, the temp rises immediately a value where the first throttle step acts to throttle it down to 1600...
                          (and I think that's the reason why at your screen-shoot the SoC was ~1 min at 1800 and ~7 min at 1600)
                          i haven´t read that until now.
                          ok, this makes overclocking pointless unless one wants to install a fan-mod on the box.

Comment

i haven´t read that until now.
                            ok, this makes overclocking pointless unless one wants to install a fan-mod on the box.
                            Boxx, just to be clear, what you are saying it's that anything > 1.8 Ghz cpu frequency it's pointless because the SoC can not sustain or support for more than 1 minute the maximum normal frequency not OC of 1.8Ghz? because the device will be overheated, can be burned? 1.8 Ghz frequency for Allwinner A80 it's not overclock, it's just the max normal frequency as per specs, right?
                            Last edited by BTR11; 02-14-2015, 22:27. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by BTR11 View Post
                              Boxx, just to be clear, what you are saying it's that anything > 1.8 Mhz cpu frequency it's pointless because the SoC can not sustain or support for more than 1 minute the maximum normal frequency not OC of 1.8Mhz? because the device will be overheated, can be burned? 1.8 Mhz frequency for Allwinner A80 it's not overclock, it's just the max normal frequency as per specs, right?
                              basically, yes. no_spam_for_me found this, read more: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-Test-Scenario
                              better ask him if you have futher questions.
                              you are right, 1800 is not really overclocked. what i meant was, i can not even set it to 1800, it always reverts to 1600 but that doesn´t seem to matter now.

edit: ok, now i see why i can´t set it to 1800. cpu is on 59-60 degrees celsius when idle @ 1600. that means, as soon as i switch to 1800, it reaches 60 degrees and then gets throttled back to 1600.
                              Last edited by Boxx; 02-14-2015, 22:44.

Comment

Working...
                              X