Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Draco Games -- VERY FEW work -- WHERE is the problem??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Draco Games -- VERY FEW work -- WHERE is the problem??

Sorry about the potentially annoying 'noob' questions ( i know my way around lunix, bash, bsd, os x, windows, etc -- just not android under the hood).

I find i cannot play MANY games. And i'm NOT talking about games that require joystick or multitouch...

for example i tried to put this game on the Tronsmart Draco so the kids could play "Agent Alice" < https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...entalice&hl=en > it's not an action game. needs no joystick. Just simple clicks. ...and it let's you play until you collect all the items from the first scene (stage scene) which takes about 30sec, then it gives you a "Continue" button which CANNOT be clicked. Not with the air mouse, not with the enter key, nothing. I tried every button -- even on my Rii mini one < http://www.riitek.com/product_Info.asp?id=103 >. Where's the problem? With the version of Android? The device? The ROM?

MOST (read 'the MAJORITY') of the games I tried do this (i was actually kind of shocked at how INCOMPATIBLE and weird the android world is -- seems VERY fragmented):

Agent Alice (i see NO reason why a game like this shouldn't work on basically ANY android device)
    Decay: The Mare - Ep.1 (Trial)
    Strawberry Shortcake Bake Shop
    Rosetta Stone® Kids Letters (especially disappointed i couldn't get the educational ones working)
    Rosetta Stone® Kids Reading
    LEGO® Juniors Create & Cruise
    Scrolls
    WorldCraft
    AdVenture Capitalist
    MiniCraft 2
    MONZO

p.s. anyone know of an awesome infographic that conveys a block diagram style explanation of the environment/layers/hierarchy etc of these android devices under the hood?? i think i just started to realize there are layers of virtual machine-ness going on, no?

I'll add to this something. I'm new to the Android world, and my MK80 box is the first Android device I've ever used. I read a lot this forum (btw, tnx to all you guys for the wonderful work you made here ), and after a couple of days playing with various roms, I settled on the Homlet one.

However, I tried some games on the box, and some don't work at all. These are Lone Wolf, Wild Blood, Ravensword 2. Others that work are The Bard's Tale (with 3GB textures pack), Elder Sign Omens, Dungeon Hunter 4.

About Lone Wolf and Ravensword, the behaviour is the same: I can get to the main menu, but I can't click on anything, it's like the touchpad emulation with mouse doesn't work at all. As for Wild Blood, the screen is "zoomed" in in the bottom left of the original screen, I tried to change the resolution to 720p to no avail.

The weird thing, and maybe this can be helpful, is that ALL games, when started, give me a com.android.systemui stopped working message, can this be the cause? Keep in mind that I tried these games on the Rikomagic Stock rom, on Homlet and Dovless roms, same results on each rom. It seems it's linked to the use of a true fullscreen app, but if I use Kodi as fullscreen (windowed or not) I don't get the same error, so I dunno exactly.

Maybe it's still a problem of the video drivers and we need new roms by Rikomagic/Tronsmart to drive better the PowerVR chip?

Comment

I was thinking the mouse clicks don't go through the touch engine? and maybe the games are only and specifically looking for touch input exclusively?

Comment

Originally posted by etyrnal View Post
        I was thinking the mouse clicks don't go through the touch engine? and maybe the games are only and specifically looking for touch input exclusively?
        You are part right some games are touch only input & they do not register the mouse clicks. you can get round this but it is very complicated you use app called tincore key mapper & set mouse click to touch hybrid mouse

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...apper&hl=en_GB

Hears a list of games that do work but you will need a controller of some sort

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-Working-Games
        Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Originally posted by blinkone View Post
          You are part right some games are touch only input & they do not register the mouse clicks. you can get round this but it is very complicated you use app called tincore key mapper & set mouse click to touch hybrid mouse

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...apper&hl=en_GB

Hears a list of games that do work but you will need a controller of some sort

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-Working-Games
          I'll give it a try, but games like Ravensword have built in controller support like Bard's Tale, and the former doesn't work even when using a pad, while the latter does.

Comment

Ok, I tried the Tincore app and everything works like a charm now, except for Ravensword, I need to play it with the emulated touchscreen, even if I say "Yes" when asked if I want to use a gamepad, it goes to the main menu... without the actual buttons lol.

Ty blinkone for the tip!

Comment

I tried the tincore app too, and for some reason it always maps my left mouse click, to/as the power button. So for me it's basically unusable. I have tried deleting the profile and create a new profiles. And the remote that I am using doesn't even have a power button. But everytime i click the left mouse button it says that I'm pressing the power button. And of course TuneCore says that mapping the power button is like a premium feature. But there is no power button on my remote I'm using the Rii MINI One. Makes no sense. I am trying to map the left click to Touch.

Comment

so far i have never been able to get the Tronsmart Draco, to respond to a single 'touch' variant using tincore. I wonder if it's even possible knowing the Draco HAS NO TOUCH input, how would tincore simulate it? I mean it's a TV box -- why would it have ANY touch functionality? So how can tincore map a physical button, to an input system the device doesn't have?

i watched numerous tutorials -- i GET the concept. Has anyone else confirmed they are able to get tincore to map physical buttons to touches on the Draco?
                Last edited by etyrnal; 04-07-2015, 21:42.

Comment

has anyone else gotten tincore, or anything similar , to work with the Draco Telos? I'd like to be able to let the kids play a few games on here, but so far, every game i try is the same.... is this a Tronsmart problem?

Comment

I'm surprised this topic has has such little interest

Comment

apparently nobody is trying to play games on Draco?

Comment

happens when touching the "Subscribe" star

Attached Files

Comment

I want to play games, I purchased my Draco with the Tronsmart game controller, I want to use it with emulators & rom collection browser via KODI but I haven't learned how to set this up yet, haven't found any YouTubes or directions about how to do for newbies like me

Comment

It's unbelievable to me that tronsmart own game controller would not work with their own controler out of the box

Comment

Need feedback on games guys. Is this box more powerful than the RK3288 in games? Is this box very compatible with games and most important. Can this box handle emulation in Retroarch using graphics filters?

I want to upgrade my S802-B Android box since this box cannot handle Retroarch emulation of SNES, Genesis, Turbografx 16 with image filters enabled. My current box is the MyGica 1800e which has this CPU A9 Cortex x 4, Amlogic S802-B.

I was looking at the RK3288 but it doesn't seem like much of an upgrade from the S802-B

Comment

Working...
                              X