Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20150318 Stock Firmware For Draco AW80 Android 4.4

Hi guys

Sorry to making you wait so long time. Now it is 18th, March 23:07 PM here, all of the tronsmart staff are still working at office, there is only one reason, We have promised to our users, today there will be a new firmware, and WE MAKE IT!

We get the DTS patch from allwinner in about 2 hours ago, and our engineer just pack it in the new firmware. [strike]but we haven't got enough time to upload to mediafire for fast download, have to put on pan.baidu.com. hope you can understand. mirror download link will update later.
    [/strike]
    here we go:

firmware download link:

or

百度网盘为您提供文件的网络备份、同步和分享服务。空间大、速度快、安全稳固,支持教育网加速,支持手机端。注册使用百度网盘即可享受免费存储空间

click "下载“ button to get the firmware. and decompress the download file to get the img.

firmware information is below:

Here is the changelog:

1 Fix DTS passthrough problem in XBMC, Now you can get true 5.1 audio when you enable passthrough in XBMC. (make sure you also go to settings- sound settings, and enable passthrough in system, also choose the audio output to HDMI or spdif.

2 Fix the lines problem in our beta firmware.Now there is no lines in netflix , in veetle, and other similar apps. Actually, there are no lines in our first stock firmware (the 1029version), however after that, allwinner update the sdk, and try to improve the playback, but it cause the line problems, now, we fix it.

3 Live wallpaper is back.

4 USB hub problem solved. Some customer report when they use the usb hub, and insert different device to the hub, the draco aw80 won't identify the connected device, now it is fixed.

5 Fix some app crash problem, like Albapptv.apk.

6 Optimize video playback

7 other tweaks.

However, we have to say, we also have some unfinished work, they are:
    1 Youtube ipv6 problem, because there is no ipv6 network here, so it's hard to test, we are trying to check how to imitate the enviroment.

2 Youtube 1080p problem, frankly speaking, we have checked similar device in the market, seems it is a common problem . we are working with allwinner for this.

3 Myvideo.tv app just have image , but no sound, thanks for users to report this, we need a little more time to fix.

Though we saw a lot of negative comment , we never give up, we try to collect different feedback from different forums, emails, and other source. We don't want our customers feel upset when they choose tronsmart. Maybe we are not perfect, but we will try our best to make it perfect. Hope we can get your support and understanding.

so guys, please help to check this firmware, any questions, feel free to leave comment.

We are here.

Tronsmart Team
    (Source: http://www.tronsmart.com/forum/trons...droid-4-4#2472)
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
    I have installed and re-installed this new firmware. My stock remote will not work. Any suggestions. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by odrewjr View Post
      I have installed and re-installed this new firmware. My stock remote will not work. Any suggestions. Thanks
      I've installed this and all seems ok so far.

The remote that comes with it works just fine.

Even bluetooth is sending and receiving files now.
      Tronsmart Draco Telos AW80 (4/32gb) - FW v2.0rc3
      Minix Neo X8-H (003 FW)

Comment

Originally posted by CMJ View Post
        I've installed this and all seems ok so far.

The remote that comes with it works just fine.

Even bluetooth is sending and receiving files now.
        Thanks, could be my remote.I connected a usb remote and it is fine. I checked out the 5.0 firmware and it is really buggie.

Comment

Thank you Tronsmart.

The same shit as before. NO DTS PASSTHROUGH in Kodi and stuttering video.

Comment

I understand your frustration, BUT statements like these aren't really helpful.
            - Are you at stock KODI?
            - Which settings do you use (KODI and Android?
            - What is your environment/setup (also with which settings especially at TV(which means do you use any picture optimization-settings and so on))?
            - Any samples?
            :

EDIT
            If I'm not wrong, you are using/own the RikoMagic MK80, so I think you have to place your frustration at RikoMagic... and seems you don't use the stock kodi...
            Originally posted by balto.ba View Post
            Hi guys.
            Same on my box.
            No DTS passthrough, with any other Kodi. Only DD 5.1.
            I tried 14.0, 14.1, 14.2 beta and 15.0 alpha. Nothing.
            With the kodi on the box Helix alpha 3, DTS is no problem.
            But this is not the problem of the rikomagic box, also on the Tronsmart Octa.
            I think we need a new FW maybe Lollipop.
            Originally posted by balto.ba View Post
            I wrote a mail to rikomagic and described the problems.
            They promised me that there will be a new rom in the next week.

We will see.
            RK3288 Devices
            - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
            Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
            Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
            Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

What isn´t helpful? That i tell the users that this did not work?

Maybe i am a RKM user, but finally it is all the same.

Oh! I forgot that with the very very new dts issue, i can only use the stock kodi, while my Vega s89 can use all Kodis that i want.

Maybe my nickname in this forum is "webnar".

Aber ich denke dort sind auch nur frustrierte rikomagic user....

Comment

so far so good but....

I'm using one of the newer kodi builds with lib stagefright and media codec on and I'm seeing very little if any stuttering with 1080p 60fps mkv/mp4 files playing on my 5TB hard drive connected to my router which I'm happy about. Although I can't select 1080p in YouTube anymore. I was able to with a older build of YouTube on the homlet v1 rom. I saw that this new release is based on homlet v2 so I will try to find a work around. I installed the earth moon 3d wallpaper and it looks great! Maybe bob or some of the other experts can iron out the kinks?

Comment

Originally posted by gokuh82 View Post
                  I'm using one of the newer kodi builds with lib stagefright and media codec on and I'm seeing very little if any stuttering with 1080p 60fps mkv/mp4 files playing on my 5TB hard drive connected to my router which I'm happy about. Although I can't select 1080p in YouTube anymore. I was able to with a older build of YouTube on the homlet v1 rom. I saw that this new release is based on homlet v2 so I will try to find a work around. I installed the earth moon 3d wallpaper and it looks great! Maybe bob or some of the other experts can iron out the kinks?

Hi

I use the youtube app in your dropbox link, however, when it ry to install it, the system report "app not installed" any idea?

Eric
                  Looking for developers
                  http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

Originally posted by geekbuying View Post
                    Hi

I use the youtube app in your dropbox link, however, when it ry to install it, the system report "app not installed" any idea?

Eric
                    I had to install this particular apk as a system app. I cleared cache then deleted data and uninstalled it. Then i used es file explorer to move this YouTube apk version to the system/apps folder rather than copy it there and it took. Then I rebooted and it was installed but I still cannot select 1080p resolution with this new firmware release. Tomorrow i will try another/different YouTube apk that I found on a XDA forum a little while ago and post it if it works.

*Edit - Here is a link to the youtube apk build that i found that might work i haven't tried it yet tho. Please let me know if it allows you to select 1080p resolution. Thanks.

Last edited by gokuh82; 03-19-2015, 06:05.

Comment

I had to install this particular apk as a system app. I cleared cache then deleted data and uninstalled it. Then i ised used es file explorer to move this YouTube apk version to the system/apps folder rather than copy it there and it took. Then I rebooted and it was installed but I still cannot select 1080p resolution with this new firmware release. Tomorrow i will try another/different YouTube apk that I found on a FDA forum a little while ago and post it if it works.
                      Ok,i will wait for your news. but i also checked different device in my warehouse, other s802, or rk3288 device, they are all no 1080p choice in the youtube app. i guess google make something to block the 1080p in those device.

Just my 2 cents.

Eric
                      Looking for developers

Comment

Originally posted by geekbuying View Post
                        Ok,i will wait for your news. but i also checked different device in my warehouse, other s802, or rk3288 device, they are all no 1080p choice in the youtube app. i guess google make something to block the 1080p in those device.

Just my 2 cents.

Eric
                        Probably so. I just posted a link to the other YouTube apk version I wanted to try. You can try boxx's fix found on post #15 here:

I will try tomorrow as well.

Comment

Probably so. I just posted a link to the other YouTube apk version I wanted to try. You can try boxx's fix found on post #15 here:

I will try tomorrow as well.
                          Already tried, not work, i will wait for your news.
                          Looking for developers

Comment

still missing
                            :
                            Does anyone find a way to disable this annoying sound at every mouse-click?
                            I'm missing something like this
                            Settings -> [DEVICE] -> Sound => Touch Sounds
                            :
                            Solution => http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post280786

I find no way to generate a new Google account (only able to use an existing account) because it crashes after entering First/Last (not really crashing but goes back to the screen where I can select Existing/New at 'Google' or back to settings)....
                            Not tested NFS and CIFS support (at os and not at kodi) jet...

For those who needs to go back to the stock KODI
                            (but use Click image for larger version

Name:	Download.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	437481 to avoid spam )
                            RK3288 Devices
                            - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

I tried a xvid and a high bit rate 1080p mkv and it looks like at the December release (20141219v1 which is preinstalled at the never devices) via HDD and AW80 via HDMI at TV and SetCPU at performance/1800...

All in all MXPlayer Pro (v1.7.31) is a little little bit better (especially if you jump at the timeline) than stock KODI (but I think everyone knows that MXPlayer is better than the always "under construction" KODI)...
                              RK3288 Devices
                              - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Working...
                              X