Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Youtube 1080p fix without loosing navbar (1440p possible without navbar)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Youtube 1080p fix without loosing navbar (1440p possible without navbar)

this is an easy fix but please be aware that it may cause unwanted side effects!
    you don´t need a modified apk at all.

1080p now works without loosing the navbar!
    also, youtube now should remember the 1080p setting, even after reboot. means you dont have to switch from 720p to 1080p for every video. i realized that it looses the "1080p by default" after playing a video on 1440p. just try it out.

in order to make it work in 1440p, the navigationbar at the bottom of the screen has to be disabled. if you leave out the qemu.hw.mainkeys=1 or if you set it to 0, the maximum resolution will be 1080p.
    so if you don´t want to loose the navbar, then no 1440p youtube for you, sorry. if you need a navbar, maybe you find a replacement for the built in one. i don´t like/don´t need it and disabled it anyway.

IMPORTANT: if you set the wrong permissions for build.prop, you will get a bootloop!
    make sure it is set to:
    0:root (owner and group), 644
    before rebooting your device!

you dont have to care about that if you edit the build.prop directly in /system on your box. only if you copy the build.prop from somewhere else, you must set the correct permissions as shown above!
    you can set the permissions with a root capable file explorer for example or search how to do it via terminal (i will add how to do it on the weekend).

i will eventually automate the whole process when i find some time.

1.backup your original build.prop (located in /system) in case you need to restore
    2.search for the following lines (line 1 and 2 are different on non tronsmart roms):
    Code:
    ro.product.model=Draco AW80
    ro.product.brand=Tronsmart
    ro.product.name=jaws_tvd_p1
    ro.product.device=jaws-tvd-p1
    ro.product.board=exdroid
    ro.product.manufacturer=Allwinner
    and change it to:
    Code:
    ro.product.model=Nexus 10
    ro.product.brand=google
    ro.product.name=mantaray
    ro.product.device=manta
    ro.product.board=manta
    ro.product.manufacturer=samsung
    3.remove ro.hwc.sysrsl=5 if present
    4.set persist.sys.disp_density=240
    5.maximum resolution 1080p, keeping the navbar:
    add (or set if already present) qemu.hw.mainkeys=0
    6.maximum resolution 1440p, loosing the navbar:
    add (or set if already present) qemu.hw.mainkeys=1
    (add it above the line"# begin fota properties" for example)
    7.save build.prop
    8.open a terminal, type su and press enter. enter theese 3 commands:
    Code:
    wm size 2560x1440
    wm density 320
    reboot
    done!

this should work on every rom.
    tested on Draco AW80 20150318 and MK80-20150320 firmware

if you feel something isn´t right or you can make it even better, please tell me and i will add the information.
    Last edited by Boxx; 03-27-2015, 17:00.

good Job. now it´s much better explained.
    NOW WORKING WITH NAVBAR
    Tested on RIKO MK80 stockrom

may be you can help me with this subject:

I have also another important error on MK80.
    I upload all my music to Google music, and
    use always this app on my nexus 5 at home
    whit the wifi. It´s usefully, and i can access to
    all my music very fast ant without stops.

In the MK80 with the same Google account,
    the same internet connexion at home, the
    app Google music stops continuously and
    skip a lot of songs, its like this service
    it´s not running well on this mini pc.

¿have anyone tried this app on MK80?

ANY SUGGEST?

ERROR MESSAGES ARE:
    no se ha podido reproducir el stream que ha solicitado.
    error al reproducir la musica
    no se ha podido reproducir la cancion que has solicitado.

This error it´s not happend on MK80 when i use chrome
    and play the songs throught google play music web.
    (https://play.google.com/music)
    Last edited by studioworks123; 03-27-2015, 17:23.

Comment

Sorry, can't help with this one. I never used that app and i have no idea what the problem might be.

Comment

Thanks, works well. Its just that my MINIX a2airmouse home button not working with draco. I hope there's a fix for this so that I can keep out the Nav bar

Comment

Originally posted by dodongdodong View Post
          Thanks, works well. Its just that my MINIX a2airmouse home button not working with draco. I hope there's a fix for this so that I can keep out the Nav bar

Comment

Originally posted by Boxx View Post
            this is an easy fix but please be aware that it may cause unwanted side effects!

also, youtube now should remember the 1080p setting, even after reboot. means you dont have to switch from 720p to 1080p for every video. i realized that it looses the "1080p by default" after playing a video on 1440p. just try it out.

in order to make it work in 1440p, the navigationbar at the bottom of the screen has to be disabled. if you leave out the qemu.hw.mainkeys=1 or if you set it to 0, the maximum resolution will be 1080p.
            so if you don´t want to loose the navbar, then no 1440p youtube for you, sorry. if you need a navbar, maybe you find a replacement for the built in one. i don´t like/don´t need it and disabled it anyway.

IMPORTANT: if you set the wrong permissions for build.prop, you will get a bootloop!
            make sure it is set to:

you dont have to care about that if you edit the build.prop directly in /system on your box. only if you copy the build.prop from somewhere else, you must set the correct permissions as shown above!
            you can set the permissions with a root capable file explorer for example or search how to do it via terminal (i will add how to do it on the weekend).

1.backup your original build.prop (located in /system) in case you need to restore
            2.search for the following lines (line 1 and 2 are different on non tronsmart roms):
            Code:
            ro.product.board=exdroid
            and change it to:
            Code:
            ro.product.brand=google
            ro.product.name=mantaray
            ro.product.device=manta
            ro.product.board=manta
            7.save build.prop
            Code:
            wm size 2560x1440
            wm density 320
            reboot
            done!

if you feel something isn´t right or you can make it even better, please tell me and i will add the information.
            Problem with this method is that the device emulates a higher resolution screen "real estate", at the cost of performance.
            You could probably also allow higher resolution by changing to:
            wm size 3840x2160

Comment

make sure it is set to:

Code:
              ro.product.board=exdroid
              and change it to:
              Code:
              ro.product.brand=google
              ro.product.name=mantaray
              ro.product.device=manta
              ro.product.board=manta
              7.save build.prop
              Code:
              wm size 2560x1440
              wm density 320
              reboot
              done!

Thanks Boxx, great tip & advice, this is maybe the best way on our chinese tv box to have Yahoo on 1080p & 1440p; finally it´s clear why spoofing a device like Nexus 10 it´s was not enough to have the fix for higher resolutions in Yahoo and it´s because of "Android screen Resolution" that you pointed out how to reach it with "WM" commands. And in case anybody wants to go back can use:

root@:/ # wm size reset
              root@:/ # wm density reset

as it´s explained here: http://bamboopuppy.com/adb-shell-wm-...tions-and-dpi/

However after run the commands to increase o emulate higher Android screen resolutions a message on terminal emulator warning that the performance can be affected appear, still I don´t detect any detrimental consequences on performance, maybe occur but I don´t find it yet; for me this is a great, permanent fix. Thanks again Boxx, the mistery about this matter related to Yahoo 1080p/1440p on Android Chinese TV boxes/sticks, I think is finnished with your advice. Cheers for that.

Comment

Originally posted by GJayJayG View Post
                Problem with this method is that the device emulates a higher resolution screen "real estate", at the cost of performance.
                You could probably also allow higher resolution by changing to:
                wm size 3840x2160

https://pacoup.com/2011/06/12/list-o...9-resolutions/
                thats right. probably not the best method but works.
                i tried to enable 4k by changing to a higher resolution but it seems to be capped at 1440p.

side effects i discovered so far:
                some yt videos have a blurred line at the bottom that will go away when i switch to another resolution and then back to 1080p. i dont know if thats the same line that some people have using kodi, havent seen it yet in kodi.

in amazon prime instant video, i get a white smear now when moving the mouse pointer at the very bottom of the screen.

Comment

side effects i discovered so far:
                  some yt videos have a blurred line at the bottom that will go away when i switch to another resolution and then back to 1080p. i dont know if thats the same line that some people have using kodi, havent seen it yet in kodi.

To me, what you describe it´s the same malfunction of the A80 SoC / PowerVR hardware / software (SDK) combo since the beginning reported from many users from October/November 2014 not fixed yet after 6 months on the market of this product by Allwinner / Tronsmart; same blurred /fuzzy / scrambled bottom line playing different type of videos (now described by others like "vertical smear bottom line"), specially in xbmc/spmc/kodi and some YouTube videos; sure this does not have connection with the fix provided by you in order to get YT 1080p/1440p on chinese tv boxes relative to spoofing Nexus 10 device + WM commands to modify internal android screen resolution and internal android screen density.

Comment

wm size 2560x1440
                    wm density 320

It made everything slow. Big performance hit. It lags when moving from page to page and when scrolling and switching between apps.

Is this step required if I want 1080p with the navigation bar?

Comment

Originally posted by saulin View Post
                      wm size 2560x1440
                      wm density 320

It made everything slow. Big performance hit. It lags when moving from page to page and when scrolling and switching between apps.

Is this step required if I want 1080p with the navigation bar?
                      Yes, if you want to keep navbar.
                      Thats strange, i had no problems using the wm command on the last firmware.
                      Now, on the new fw i dont use it anymore.
                      I just spoof the device information and add qemu.hw.mainkeys=1
                      To disable the navbar because i dont want it.

Set back to 1920x1080 and 240 (or try to find something that works for you for keeping the navbar).
                      Maybe you can find a replacement for the navbar.

I wont waste more time on this box. Its getting better but i'm not satisfied at all and the shield android tv is on its way.

Comment

Hello, so I tried this on the MXIII-G box and no luck. There doesn't seem to be a persist.sys.display_density line in my build prop.

Comment

I gave this a whirl on my Zidoo X1 H3 and whilst it does work, the stuttering at 1080p is very bad.

Worth a try though.
                          R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by legin95 View Post
                            Hello, so I tried this on the MXIII-G box and no luck. There doesn't seem to be a persist.sys.display_density line in my build prop.
                            If your ui looks right (not scaled), you don't need it. If not just put that line in and see if it works or not.

Comment

Perfect job here for Draco Telos
                              I haven't saw the SU to write in emulator... Code:

type su and press enter. enter theese 3 commands: wm size 2560x1440 wm density 320 reboot

That was before...

Comment

Working...
                              X