Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

solve the annoying "netflix controls disappearing" issue by hiding the statusbar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

solve the annoying "netflix controls disappearing" issue by hiding the statusbar

one thing i found really annnoying since owning the mk80 is that the netflix controls never worked right.
    when pressing the mousebutton, controls show up for a few miliseconds and disappear again.
    i found today that this is caused by the status bar. hiding the bar solves this problem!
    i tried different immerse/fullscreen apps and ended up using GMD Immersive to hide the bar.
    you can hide the bar on a per app base and it can be set to auto start on boot.
    the only disadvantage i have seen so far is that allmost all buttons on the remote control/keyboard will not work while in immersive mode.
    if you pull down the bar to unhide it, all buttons work again.
    to disable the red line at the bottom, that normally hides the navbar, you have to buy the pro version.
    There is an old version of the app where all buttons work but it is very limited.

please leave your comment if you know a better app or method to solve this problem.
    Last edited by Boxx; 03-28-2015, 17:36.

Have you tried
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...eamori.hidebar

It works but can also make a mess of other things while running, only use when you need to use Netflix.
    This has always been an issue with this box since day 1
    Cheers
    Last edited by trebor; 03-28-2015, 22:38. Reason: update
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I had already tried that app. It works too but i don't like to turn it on by hand every time i watch netflix.
      Since i dont need it at all, i decided to permanently disable the statusbar by renaming the systemui.apk.

Comment

Working...
      X