Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tronsmart Draco AW80 Normal temps and using a Laptop Cooler or Fan blowing air into the box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tronsmart Draco AW80 Normal temps and using a Laptop Cooler or Fan blowing air into the box?

Hi people. What are the normal temps for this Box? And can it run 100% of the time at 1600Mhz?

I seem to have issues trying to run this Box at 1600Mhz all the time. I have to set it this way to get the smoothest playback in videos and YouTube and to run some Emulators and get the best performance.

I believe this box won't overclock crap. At least not for me. I tried one of the roms that is overclocked and it made the box totally unstable. I have got lock ups running at 1600Mhz and I have seem temps in the 65C range.

I have got lock ups in YouTube even at 1600Mhz. I just did a Computer case mod to USB and I'm trying putting the Fan in blowing mode at the bottom of the Tronsmart Draco AW80 Is this correct?

On the Tronsmart Draco AW80 I only see holes at the bottom. This would be where it gets the fresh air? where the hell does the hot air come out though? I don't see any other holes.

Anyways with the fan at the bottom blowing into the box. I tried the Antutu Benchmark X at 1700Mhz and the benchmarks stops at 76% after the 3D test. So I would say it's not stable? I will try at 1600Mhz next but am I correct in putting the fan under the box blowing air into it?

I'm currently using the latest Tronsmart Beta Rom from May 23, 2015.

If my Box can't run at 1600Mhz stable all the time should it be considered faulty? The crappy thing is that I bought it on **** from China and it may take a long time to get my money back and I most likely will have to pay shipping to send it back. Probably $30-40 Canadian.

Some Pics

Load one of the custom roms Tronsmart stock blows monkeys. Bob and doves and the other roms make it actually work.
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

I have a temp problem too. Thats not normal and i have it with every rom. You can read more about this and what temps are normal here: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-test-scenario

Btw. All dove and homlet roms are instable on my box. The gui often crashes and reloads. Atm, new tronsmart rom is the best ever in my opinion.

Comment

The new beta is the best rom right now IMO. But I'm converned about the stability, with the fan it is hitting 60C, but so far no lock up or artifacts at 1.6Ghz so looks like it's helping

Comment

Originally posted by saulin View Post
          Anyways with the fan at the bottom blowing into the box. I tried the Antutu Benchmark X at 1700Mhz and the benchmarks stops at 76% after the 3D test. So I would say it's not stable? I will try at 1600Mhz next but am I correct in putting the fan under the box blowing air into it?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yujyg0k3t1..._1656.JPG?dl=0
          The fan might do better, not blowing in to the box, but rather, drawing or sucking air out.

Comment

At post #9 at http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-test-scenario I tested it with open case and a "big" fan and it helps only a little bit...
            It's because of the heatsink, it isn't a good one...
            RK3288 Devices
            - Overview BOX (LINK !)
            - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
            UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
            Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
            Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
            Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
              At post #9 at http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-test-scenario I tested it with open case and a "big" fan and it helps only a little bit...
              It's because of the heatsink, it isn't a good one...
              Yikes this bix does run hot then. But from your post I gather that this box should be stable at 1.6Ghz at 74C right?

We'll see how it keeps running and I might try with the fan sucking air, instead of blowing. If I can't run it stable at 1.6Ghz I will try to RMA it. I hope Tronsmart takes a paypal receipt.

**Update**

I wired a 12v 1A AC Adapter to another case fan. This way it blows at full blast.

I put it so that it sucks the air from the box at the bottom. My temps seem to drop pretty quick now and it idles at 34C now. So far it's stable at 1604Mhz. However Antutu X still stops at 76% right after the 3D Benchmark. It doesn't crash but the benchmark stops and doesn't finish. Maybe is an issue with this latest beta ROM?

Now is there an app that will show me real time temps on any program? I want to see what is the max temp the box is hitting.

**Update 2**

OK I got a program to monitor Temps real time. When running Antutu X and when it's doing the CPU tests I saw the temp climb to 75C. Then it dropped to around 60C even in the 3D Benchmark but still it stopped at 76%, this time it gave me the error that the program had stopped. A Crash message.

My emulators only make the box hit 50C. But I can't seem to get 100% smooth playback when using some filters like xBR. Even though it seems like the games du run full speed. Now I need a program to monitor FPS real time like Fraps for Windows. Still have not found one for Android.
              Last edited by saulin; 05-29-2015, 16:02.

Comment

Most of these boxes don't put much thought in to heat dissipation. I modded my UT3, as there was no way for the box to "flow-thru" vent, even with the supplied fan. The latest UT3S has improved case ventilation(and fan). So maybe more manufactures are starting to take heat dissipation seriously.

Comment

Working...
                X