[beta]Remix Os for TS Draco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[beta]Remix Os for TS Draco

Tronsmart is a leading brand innovating cutting-edge audio products such as speakers & headphones with premium sound quality.

Anyone tried this?

No playstore, no root, no support for 3rd party launchers...
    Base is still android 4.4.2
    Still playing with it..n
    Last edited by Boxx; 07-02-2015, 17:38. Reason: corrected

Comment

Thanks Boxx
      May have a look today,
      Anything good to report on something outstanding it can do or why one would use it?
      Or is this the reinvention of the wheel
      Cheers
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Well, it has a different look...
        And thats it!

I don't see a reason to use it atm.

Comment

Thanks
          I will stand by for more enthused reports from you then i may jump in and have ago
          Cheers

treboR
          Please consider
          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

I had some time to waste today, so i tried to (pre)root the firmware image and add google services and playstore. Unfortunately i failed on both. I also added twrp but there is no way that i know to boot to recovery without root.

The fw as it is is useless, not even youtube works because of the missing services.

Comment

Thanks for your ongoing efforts,
              Hope a few more will get on to it and maybe the AW80 with arise from the ashes or be chucked in the fire
              Cheers
              treboR
              Please consider
              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                ... chucked in the fire
                thats what i think.

i successfully rooted the firmware but it is still of no use.
                i still havent figured out how to integrate twrp into the firmware. i replaced it but it doesn't boot, so i installed it via terminal.
                i flashed gapps with twrp but it isn't working right.
                i always get "no third party launcher allowed" when trying to open playstore (and other apps aswell).
                i found that phrase in the framework-res.apk but i have no clue how to modify it to allow third party launchers.

Comment

Tronsmart have promised an update with google play this week, so if we go by there usual timelines hopefully something in the next 6 months.

Comment

I loaded this onto a 32GB SD card I had laying around today, I tested some different streaming applications and the results where mixed...

On the negative side, network access was painful slow. To the point where even 720P video was stuttering (even from my own in house server.) so that could be a network driver issue or because I was booting from the SD card? Not sure but with the results I had, I would be staying on my other firmware.

On the positive side, the OS is polished and I love the look of it. Video when it played looked WAAAYYYY better than the firmware I will be going back too.... (sad face) The difference in quality is amazing.

Sound was crisp and video played crisp (if I paused to let it buffer a while it was great)

So when this comes out of beta, I will probably using it. If they can fix the network issue I will be all over this one!

As a sort of side note, I had to side load all my apps using ES File Explorer's FTP function since no Playstore access yet as of this writing.

This is one to keep an eye on, I just hope they improve it some more.

Edit: Just to sort of clarify, I can load any other firmware from an SD card and Network access was fine the only thing that it made slower was booting and loading apps. So that's the reason I don't believe that installing this firmware will speed up the Network access. Also the other firmware's are blazing fast when it comes to that.

Edit 2: Temps are wayyyy lower on this firmware not that it was hot before but some warmth when I would feel the box new firmware after an hour of playing with it box was ice cold!
                    Last edited by Psionic Roshambo; 07-28-2015, 23:35.

Comment

Ok im frustrated here. I flashed the Remix OS with Phoenix Suit and Phoenix USB and all i get is the Tronsmart Logo then the Remix OS logo and it just hangs on the Remix logo forever (waited 20 mins the unplugged power and waited another 20 min!) Nothing happens it just stays on the Remix logo!!!! I dont get any errors when flashing and im coming from the "Finally v0.1" rom by Boxx that was acting all buggy. Any suggestions?

Comment

Working...
                      X