Tronsmart Roms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tronsmart Roms

I bought the Tronsmart AW80 Telos version from Geekbuying to replace my CS968 which I'd had quite a lot of use of. My main usage of tv boxes is streaming and games on a big screen. I don't mind "playing" wirh settings or flashing a new rom occasionally but the AW80 really pulled me in with the high specs and the SATA connectivity making it seem fairly future proof for at least a good few years.

So just a quick run down of the roms I've tested. Might help others looking for ideas which rom best suits their needs. Happy to be corrected on any mistakes or other users experiences.

The original stock rom was fully rooted but stuck at 720p video was painfully laggy and had a whole load of issues mainly with video playback capabilities and DTS sound etc which for a media tv box was pretty gloomy if you upgraded from a lesser spec box like myself and found it couldn't even keep up with your previous dual-core on certain things like games.

Tronsmart should thank Finless Bob, Boxx and other developers who have done so much to improve the usage of the AW80 that has been a failing from Tronsmart and Allwinner for reasons that appear to be beyond either their control or experience - or maybe a bit of both?

I'll start with stock versions I have actually used rather than just loaded on an SD card and looked at.
    Last edited by Bally3; 12-25-2015, 21:58. Reason: ADDED WHICH BOX I'M I OWN AND WHY WHICH IS THE TRONSMART AW80 TELOS

Hello,

Thanks for your Post.
    Next Time you Posting, please let us know for what Device it is.

Neomode

Comment

Sorry I mentioned it in the post but not in the title. Its the Tronsmart AW80. I have the Telos version.

Feel free to change the title if it helps.

Thanks
      Last edited by Bally3; 12-26-2015, 19:17.

Comment

At the moment the rom of choice for me are the Russian builds. This one posted here on Freaktab is the one I use. it suits my needs and plays Youtube in 1080p, is faster than the stock rom and does not run too hot as I found on the RemixOS rom.

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...80-mk80_151012 The Draco Rom can be found here: https://yadi.sk/d/M6IHuBmyjxVNh

I watch Youtube Gaming quite regularly so was disappointed to find the Youtube Gaming app is very flaky on pretty much every rom

The app works fine on ALL my other android devices so its pretty frustrating it doesnt work so well on my AW80. I did have it working flawlessly a while back, Don't know what I did apart from changes to buil.prop to change locale and language to English and London, but a reboot or two later, it was back to its unreliable self.

This rom showed the highest Antutu score so far at 39k but it is spoofed as a Nexus 10.

Comment

A few things I have learnt from these roms:

Enabling Developer Options and ticking "Disable Hardware Overlays" makes Live TV streaming apps like Press TV work without crashing. Unfortunately there is no easy way to keep this setting after a reboot apart from using a combination of Tasker and additional modules to keep changing it automatically for you after a reboot, or do it manually yourself each time. Bummer.

UPDATE: I think this also breaks my Youtube Gaming app which from a fresh install of the latest stock rom to SD Card last night appeared to work fine to my delight, but again crashing this morning after I installed a few apps and made the Hardware Overlay change. Unticking it and rebooting seems to work but as Youtube Gaming live streams come and go quite fast I was unable to return to the same stream to verify it was actually that change that caused it and not installing other apps.
          Last edited by Bally3; 12-27-2015, 12:18.

Comment

ok. Xposed framework is definitely breaking video playback on apps like Youtube Gaming. It might affect other apps too.

Comment

Working...
            X