REmix os and Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

REmix os and Linux

First I would like to thank Danilov and buhsoft2006 for still working on this box. I am wondering if anyone has installed the latest Linux or Remix od on this box. I have checked this site and notice the last comments were stated in 2015. Does anyone have a link on the latest Linux to install on this box or Remix os. Is anyone running this box on these OS. If so a link to the image would be appreciated(excluding the old ones on this site) . As well is anyone working on android 5.1.1 for this box as kodi 17 will not work on 4.4.2.

Originally posted by Bogart7777 View Post
    First I would like to thank Danilov and buhsoft2006 for still working on this box. I am wondering if anyone has installed the latest Linux or Remix od on this box. I have checked this site and notice the last comments were stated in 2015. Does anyone have a link on the latest Linux to install on this box or Remix os. Is anyone running this box on these OS. If so a link to the image would be appreciated(excluding the old ones on this site) . As well is anyone working on android 5.1.1 for this box as kodi 17 will not work on 4.4.2.
    I check this group of threads randomly every few days just to see if anyone has something new, or the company has decided to support this product. (Not talking about Tronsmart) but it's probably not going to ever happen. There is no money to be made from supporting a chip the company no longer even makes. They switched to the A80T shortly and I mean really shortly after the A80 so this box is kinda rare (or if you happen to own an Onda V989 with the A80 as well, although that one has a semi working beta 5.0 firmware so at least there is that.)

Basically I guess the TLDR version is this, it is very unlikely that this box will ever see anything more than what you are seeing here.

The problems are many. PowerVR GPU drivers never updated, Allwinnner GPL violations and abandonment issues, Tronsmart sadly will probably come out looking like the bad guy because they sold this box, and the users will likely blame them for it's failings.

I wouldn't throw the box away, as maybe some crazy random kind soul will hack the boot loader, create a truly custom ROM and driver updates from GPL code or something...

The hardware is really good and I believe it's a solid 1080P box but the software end of things if you dig into it is like a Jerry Springer episode.

Comment

Working...
    X