Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for your valuable advice, now i got root with super su flashed. am so happy finally i have root. thank you so so much.
    thats cool if there is no problem to restore the image even i got above error as you said.
    one more thing..if am doing backup of my sd card, after 25% backup finished, the backup process ended with this message "extractTarFork() process ended with ERROR: 255" but if i did backup in my usb driver, the backup is completed successfully. the question is why am not able to do backup on my sd card even there is enough space. please help here also.
    thanks

Comment

Originally posted by markjoren View Post
      thanks for your valuable advice, now i got root with super su flashed. am so happy finally i have root. thank you so so much.
      thats cool if there is no problem to restore the image even i got above error as you said.
      one more thing..if am doing backup of my sd card, after 25% backup finished, the backup process ended with this message "extractTarFork() process ended with ERROR: 255" but if i did backup in my usb driver, the backup is completed successfully. the question is why am not able to do backup on my sd card even there is enough space. please help here also.
      thanks
      I have the same issue so,
      I'm not sure it may be related to an earlier ? i posted regarding the proper TWRP for our device and especialy if your using adopted storage because if you have the micro sd adopted then it treats that as internal storage this , "I think" causes a conflict when restoring from internal, or micro sd again "i think" because it is both trying to read and write to internal at the same time.

Then again I could be way off base here which is why I have also asked for clarification on this issue. Unfortunately I have gotten know response as to why

My original Question regarding this was infact the post above yours #1483 but as said I have not gotten an answer from someone who knows or anyone for that matter still hoping though
      Last edited by phatboyj420; 06-06-2018, 17:20.

Comment

Precisely wich TWRP Build is needed for proper restore of Mecool BB2-Pro s912 3/16-GB DDR4 ?

1.) q201
        2.) q20x
        2.) p21

Also if someone could answer some, or any of the question from Post #1483

T-I-ADV

Comment

Originally posted by phatboyj420 View Post

I have the same issue so,
          I'm not sure it may be related to an earlier ? i posted regarding the proper TWRP for our device and especialy if your using adopted storage because if you have the micro sd adopted then it treats that as internal storage this , "I think" causes a conflict when restoring from internal, or micro sd again "i think" because it is both trying to read and write to internal at the same time.

Then again I could be way off base here which is why I have also asked for clarification on this issue. Unfortunately I have gotten know response as to why

My original Question regarding this was infact the post above yours #1483 but as said I have not gotten an answer from someone who knows or anyone for that matter still hoping though
          what men "adopted storage" bro ? mean the external storage sd card ? if yes, than my USB drive also same "adopted storage" but i can do backup successfully there.

the question you asked in #1488 i advice you to use all below TWRP one by one and try to make backup and restore.
          coz you dont need to stall any TWRP to use. just copy any TWRP and rename with recovery.img in memory card ( should be less than 32 GB and fat32 format). try to insert in your android box and power on while press recovery button. the TWRP will flash in your screen. try to make backup and restore from them, if fall try again with another TWRP to use in same way.

Comment

Hi,

I need TWRP recovery for H96 Pro H3 2 gb ram / 16gb rom with Amlogic S905x.

Thanks in advance,
            Uros.

Comment

Finally found a nougat (7.1.2) rom for my x96 (p212, 2gb/16gb). can someone please link to twrp for the p212 nougat?

Comment

Try recovery from this link:
                This is my first attempt of creating any Android Rom myself, so don't expect too much. Changes to the original OTA update which was the base for all: Remo…

Comment

Hi all,

I have MX3 4K android box and I am trying to update the firmware. I tried to download the .img file and changed to recovery.img, but when I follow the steps in first entry, I dont get the screen that shared, instead I got Android reboot page. Can also please anyone share a link with latest firmware or page that explain how?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

These links seem dead now

With an assist from Abdul, Magendanz has now built TWRP 3.1.0-0 for the following Amlogic reference boards:

q201: CLICK TO DOWNLOAD
                    p212: CLICK TO DOWNLOAD
                    p200/p200_2G: CLICK TO DOWNLOAD

I tried putting on https://twrp.me/Devices/Amlogic/ AMLogic k200 based TV sticks (k200)
                    but I don't seem to have a recovery mode ?

also tried with TWRP_2.8.7.0_K200_emmc.img

TWRP3_T8x.img loads but no USB FlashDrive Mount
                    Last edited by MasterCATZ; 08-18-2018, 22:25.

Comment

Originally posted by eseze View Post
                      Hello,

I have purchased a player with the Amlogic reference board p230 (S905D) ... is there a chance to get TWRP for this device? Thank you in advance.

Best regards
                      eseze
                      Tha
                      I also purchased Magicsee C300 TV box with the Amlogic reference board p230 (S905D). Could I get TWRP for this device?Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterCATZ View Post
                        These links seem dead now

With an assist from Abdul, Magendanz has now built TWRP 3.1.0-0 for the following Amlogic reference boards:

I tried putting on https://twrp.me/Devices/Amlogic/ AMLogic k200 based TV sticks (k200)
                        but I don't seem to have a recovery mode ?

also tried with TWRP_2.8.7.0_K200_emmc.img
                        Hello experts , I purchased Magicsee C300 TV Box with the Almogic reference board p230 ( S905D). Could I get TWRP for this device?. It's links is https://mega.nz/#!YeBwWa4L!x4Mo1tANn...8aEKutmdsB1stI . With best regard.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
                          If you can point me to the firmware online, I'd be willing to create a p230 project and build it. You'd have to test it for me, though.
                          Hello Magendanz , I also have purchased the Magicsee C300 TV Box with the Amlogic board p230 ( S905D ) . Could I get TWRP for this device? It's firmware link is https://mega.nz/#!YeBwWa4L!x4Mo1tANn...8aEKutmdsB1stI. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by abdul_pt View Post

Team Win Recovery Project 2.7, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

What’s new in 2.8.7.0:
                            • Initial ground work for software drawn keyboard (_that)
                            • Fix handling of wiping internal storage on datamedia devices (xuefer)
                            • Allow DataManager to set and read values from the system properties (xuefer)
                            • Fix crash when taking screenshots on arm64 devices (xuefer)
                            • Fix error message after an ORS script completes (Dees_Troy)
                            • Fix crashes / error when creating encrypted backups (_that, Dees_Troy)
                            • Add system read only option – more details below (Dees_Troy)
                            • Add resize2fs and GUI option to run resize2fs (Dees_Troy)
                            • Fix crash loop caused by empty lines in AOSP recovery command file (_that)
                            • Prevent duplicate page overlays such as multiple lock screens (mdmower)

What’s new in 2.8.6.0:
                            • Fix daylight savings time rules for USA and Europe (_that)
                            • Allow mulitple overlays for popup boxes (Dees_Troy)
                            • Add pattern style password entry for decrypt (Tassadar)
                            • Keyboard improvements (_that)
                            • Update AOSP base to 5.1 (Dees_Troy)
                            • Reduce theme count to 5 and rely on scaling (Dees_Troy)
                            • Various scaling improvements (Dees_Troy)
                            • Improved handling of resources in the GUI (_that)
                            • Make scroll bar size proportional to list size (_that)
                            • Allow scoll lists to render without a header (_that)
                            • Make console scroll per pixel with kinetic scrolling (_that)
                            • Support styles in XML to reduce XML size and improve consistentcy (Dees_Troy)
                            • Various other fixes and improvements (mdmower, bigbiff, codelover, etc)

What’s new in 2.8.5.0:
                            • Scale the GUI - TWRP can read the theme’s resolution and scale it up or down to fit the theme to your screen’s resolution
                            • Backups can now be cancelled while the backup is in progress (does not include restore because we don’t want to leave your device in a bad state)
                            • Improve thread handling and move input handling into the main rendering thread to improve stability
                            • Make MTP work even if unplugged and plugged back in
                            • Unify scrollable list code and make kinetic scrolling feel more natural
                            • Fix handling of mapped zip files for OTA updates (CM12 updater)
                            • USB keyboards should now work on all devices that support USB host mode via a USB OTG cable
                            • Other small fixes and improvements

You can know more about TWRP in here.

All credits should go to Dees Troy and all TeamWin members.
                            I just compile their sources.

Install method:

- Download your image and rename to recovery.img

- Copy the image to your External SD, and boot while pressing the reset button. On TWRP screen select install->images pick recovery.img

Alternative method

- adb shell 'dd if=/path/to/recovery.img of=/dev/block/recovery ;sync;sync'

Issues:
                            On booting to TWRP you might get a screen with stripes, or fill with one colour. Just wait around 3 seconds that TWRP curtain will show.

Last Sync ->18/07/2015

Enjoy

Downloads

New on 2.8.7.0 version
                            • Backup of Data will backup InternalSD also, it will only skip TWRP and Downloads folder from internalSD.
                            • Backup/Restore functions are not compatible with previous versions
                            • There will be no entry in backup menu for internalSD
                            • On restore it will NOT wipe internalSD, but overwrite it. So anything newer/different than the backup will be maintained. Wipe internal storage if any issues arise.
                            • Fixed problem with 0 size and/or not showing partitions.
                            • There's 2 variants now due to HW revisions, check this post to choose
                            *** POSTS ASKING IF X IMAGE WORKS ON X DEVICE WILL BE IGNORE ***

I'm loosing count of images that i have and which ones work on what device, so here's all images from version 2.8.7.0 on wards.
                            And if you like it so much to the point that you want to buy me a beer.

With an assist from Guest, Guest has now built TWRP 3.1.0-0 for the following Amlogic reference boards:

And for those brave souls who want to make changes or build for other Amlogic devices, the source is provided on GitHub here:

https://github.com/Magendanz/android_device_amlogic
                            Hi all
                            I have android box Humax H1 streaming device, it’s also Amlogic device

anyone is this custom recovery compatible with it?

thank you.
                            Last edited by Omar Emad Hameed; 09-17-2018, 17:08.

Comment

What is q201 and pxxx and so on ?

Board reference´?

Comment

Originally posted by soldiaz View Post
                                What is q201 and pxxx and so on ?

Board reference´?
                                Yes, there are a handful of reference boards almost all Amlogic based devices use. You can find which yours uses by your device tree (dtb/dts).

Comment

Working...
                                X