This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by abdul_pt View Post
    Use the procedure from the OP, to resolve.
    I'm gone check the zip, maybe i missed something. I'm using the same ROM and device and worked.

Tapatalked
    I did that already, i think there is something wrong with the installation from usb ... i can´t use the sdcard because it`s broken.

Comment

Yes, might be as i didn't tested it.

You can use adb also to install.
      dd if=path/to/image of=/dev/block/recovery
      Chmod 644 /system/etc/install-recovery.sh

Tapatalked
      if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
      then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
      $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

Comment

i am new to tv boxes and i am using a crt tv so maybe i'm getting this wrong but i flashed the zip ( did not unrar ) got the green man telling me its upgrading box booted back up screen is exactly the same i see no sign of twrp ,and if i switch the box off and back on there is no recovery option just standby or power off everything is working fine just no twrp.I am using latest stock rom and very puzzled

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by trinidad View Post
          i am new to tv boxes and i am using a crt tv so maybe i'm getting this wrong but i flashed the zip ( did not unrar ) got the green man telling me its upgrading box booted back up screen is exactly the same i see no sign of twrp ,and if i switch the box off and back on there is no recovery option just standby or power off everything is working fine just no twrp.I am using latest stock rom and very puzzled

cheers
          If you download and install a rebooter app from the app store, you can boot to recovery menu. Then you will boot into TWRP.
          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

rebooter

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
            If you download and install a rebooter app from the app store, you can boot to recovery menu. Then you will boot into TWRP.
            cheers that worked

Comment

Originally posted by Gaili View Post
              I did that already, i think there is something wrong with the installation from usb ... i can´t use the sdcard because it`s broken.

I updated the script, now it check's for install-recovery.sh, and bypass this step if it isn't there or isn't executable.
              if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];

Comment

I updated the script, now it check's for install-recovery.sh, and bypass this step if it isn't there or isn't executable.
                PERFEKT works flawless now!

Thank you very much

Comment

For now this is only for the Beelink s82b and similar devices, but it can be ported to other aml s802 devices.

I tested briefly this image, but it looked like everything was working OK. Waiting for your feedback.

I left out some partitions for backup, 2 of them i couldn't get them to show in TWRP.
                  The resolution is 1024x600, TWRP will be from top left corner to the rest of the screen, so it will look off center.

Not working:
                  - Stock remote, use a mouse. Next release it will be fixed.

Install method:
                  - Copy the zip to your external SD or USB storage and flash it from stock recovery.

I put a chmod command on the zip, if the destination file isn't present the installation will fail and you will be stuck in the logo image. Unzip this file to the SD/USB, power off the device, remove USB cable, press the reset hole and power the device up
                  rescue from SD - s82b

Enjoy

TWRP Beelink s82b

Themes:
                  The default resolution is 1024x600 witch might be a little small for some, so i made 2 flashable zip's with 2 new resolution's. Just flash this from TWRP.
                  - 1280 x 720
                  - 1920 x 1080

To remove the theme, navigate to sdcard(data/media/0) and delete the theme folder inside the TWRP folder.

For who wants to go back
                  Stock recovery flashable zip
                  Nice job Basically it's really simple to cover all M8 boxes with this because nand layout is stored in bootloader.

Originally posted by oman View Post
                  And if it works fine,Could I put it into stock FW,abdul?
                  I worked on CWM (ClockworkMod recovery), similar to TWRP on MX. If there is plan to add it to stock fw, there are cpl of things that should be take care of:

- remote (of course )
                  - reading .aml files for commands
                  - adding features which are aml specific (read/write to ubootenv, efuse, add secondary update.zip...)

Interesting project, but takes extra work to be done, its not just compile and thats it if you want to do it right.
                  If you find my work useful, buy me a beer
                  Homepage: http://www.stane1983.com

Comment

Re: NEW - TWRP for Beelink S82b / Tronsmart S89

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
                    Here un this forum Petrus has an apk that can reboot to recovery, bootloader, power off por make a soft reboot. Give it a try.
                    REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
                    My devices:
                    Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
                    MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
                    Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
                    Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
                    Gearbest.com)
                    MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
                    Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
                    Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
                      Here un this forum Petrus has an apk that can reboot to recovery, bootloader, power off por make a soft reboot. Give it a try.
                      seems very popular

Error (509)

This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

Comment

Originally posted by trinidad View Post
                        seems very popular

Error (509)

This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

I "only" have 1.2.2 but here is a mirror
                        Leider konnte Ihre hochgeladene Datei nicht gefunden werden. Laden Sie die Datei neu hoch.
                        RK3288 Devices
                        - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                        - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                        UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Excellent news, thanks Abdul.

Has anyone backed up a nandroid on the square M8 AND restored to check?

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post

nice one

Comment

Can anyone confirm that this image works on the m8 square ? Or should i make a new one for the m8 ?

Comment

Please abdul_pt make 2 themed 1920 & 720 new specific packaged versions for Square M8 as it has thousands of users and growing.

Thanks very much.

Comment

Working...
                                X