This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Abdul,
    I flashed the latest update from TWRP for M8 tomato square, I still encounter the same that no xbmc data is restored in the /data folder. I further saw something I failed to mention,don't know if this could help. The emulated/0 folder is also wiped clean so that only default "Android" folder is visible, so DCIM and my custom download folder also gets deleted every time.
    The basic stuff like properly formatted sd card is being done, I do MD5 check with every restore and no fail there.
    Hope you can work some magic on this peculiar problem

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I'm working on it.
      TWRP has(is) excluding the all of data/media folder from backup when data backup were select. It only needs to exclude data/media/0 because some apps store data on data/media.
      Compiling now, and hopefully it will be fix.

Tapatalked
      if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
      then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
      $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

Comment

Originally posted by abdul_pt View Post
        Thanks for the feedback. I'm working on it.
        TWRP has(is) excluding the all of data/media folder from backup when data backup were select. It only needs to exclude data/media/0 because some apps store data on data/media.
        Compiling now, and hopefully it will be fix.

Tapatalked
        Thank you Abdul! This is what I was experiencing earlier.
        Much Appreciated!!

Comment

After a lot of wasted time, it seems that there is nothing wrong with TWRP. You guy's have to understand that the internal SD can't be backup by TWRP.
          TWRP doesn't backup storage devices, like internal SD or external SD. This is the way it's meant, anything in there can be easily moved to another place.

You really should ask the guy's that release rom's to avoid formatting data/media/0, hell why do you have to wipe internal SD to install a Rom ?
          Last edited by abdul_pt; 08-14-2014, 23:45.
          if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];

Comment

One question or problem. I tried to install the latest rom from geekbuying on my Vega S89H which I running the latest finless 1.9 rom. It will not let me install that rom because it says that I am trying to install a k200 rom on a s89b rom. Is there a way to overcome this problem. I know that I can install the new rom using the tooth pic method, but was just looking for a simpler method using your twrp. Also, if I install the new rom using the tooth pick method, it will wipe out your twrp. If I reinstall your twrp, will it recognize the back up I made using the other rom?

thanks
            MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Stock update.zip place an assert check on updater-script that aborts if ro.product.device doesn't match.
              The backup's will be recognize, as long the name match, this is, the backup folder is TWRP/backups/k200/file the k200 must match your product.device if it's different rename the folder to match and you are good.

Remember to store the contents of your internal SD or they will be lost.
              There are to way's to bypass the assert check, either remove it or rename the ro.product.device inside TWRP.
              I will make a s89h image.

Tapatalked

Comment

Originally posted by abdul_pt View Post
                Stock update.zip place an assert check on updater-script that aborts if ro.product.device doesn't match.
                The backup's will be recognize, as long the name match, this is, the backup folder is TWRP/backups/k200/file the k200 must match your product.device if it's different rename the folder to match and you are good.

Remember to store the contents of your internal SD or they will be lost.
                There are to way's to bypass the assert check, either remove it or rename the ro.product.device inside TWRP.
                I will make a s89h image.

Tapatalked
                Thanks, I will give that a shot.
                MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

I forgot, already fix it.

Tapatalked

Comment

Hi Abdul,
                    Quick question,If I want to restore a backup in future, I must not format "data" or "internal sd" to keep those xbmc files.
                    As a Noob, I just want to make sure that all OS android files are being wiped so no conflicts may arise with overwriting each other,that's way i always do a full wipe.
                    With "advance wipe" what can I select or deselect to just keep that "data" folder.

what I did normally was to go into TWRP and then do advance wipe and do a total wipe of all,then I restore.If I understood correctly, I must not wipe "data" and "internal sd". Will leaving those partitions with future restores still keep stability?
                    Sorry for all questions, your time and expertise is highly valued

Comment

In TWRP you can wipe data, that it will not touch internal SD, that's were xbmc stores is data. Check sdcard/Android/obb/xbmc.
                      When installing a new ROM you should always wipe data, unless the developer say's otherwise.
                      The problem comes in the updater-script that formats all data partition including data/media/0(sdcard), this isn't required. You don't need to wipe SDcard to install a ROM.

The way it's done with CM, Omni or any other major custom ROM is to wipe data, cache and system and this are done by the user inside a custom recovery. With this you can be sure that not problems arise from some leftovers.

I debate this with the TWRP developers, and that's way it is.
                      I propose to add the backup of the Android folder on SDcard to the options, we will see if it gets done or if I can push it to gerrit.

Tapatalked

Comment

Some stupid question @@

Hi Abdul,
                        I have some question and I hope you can help me answer them (because I was ask more but I don't receiver any reply )
                        First, about your twrp, tomorrow I'll test it with my devices (I'm a android box reseller so I have more devices to test M8, X8H, Mbox S82B...), I have a question that if I make a backup, and then I change something on this backup (boot animation), can it working? Or can I change boot animation without root permission and then start backup? (Because I want change some boot animations for my devices).
                        Second, a stupid question that can you let me know how to unpack/repack a Android box ROM using AML chip (X8H, M8, S82B...)? I was try to using more tool on windows, ubuntu but I can't do that, I can't extract 1 ROM to custom it. I don't know how to unpack and repack a img file. I only want to add more apps and change boot animation to these ROM because I don't want waste more time set up these apps for each box, I want they have a custom ROM with full apps and my boot animation. I think you know how to do that. I hope you can help me to resolve my problem, thank you very much!

Comment

Un-/ repack hole IMG for using by USB Burning Tool
                          => AML Customization tool(V2) => http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...for-s82-series
                          so you get e.g. boot.img and system.img (at ./tmp/...)
                          RK3288 Devices
                          - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                          - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                          UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

TWRP Devs

Any Luck with Devs Abdul regarding the data backup. I have like 5 boxes was hoping to set one box up then flash it on to other boxes. Great work up to now btw.

Using EM8 Tomato

Comment

Data backup works fine, what TWRP doesn't backup is storage devices, does your personal settings won't be backup.
                              You can copy the android folder in sdcard to a removable device and copy it between the devices along with the backup to restore and you will have exactly the same configuration on all box's.

Tapatalked

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                                Un-/ repack hole IMG for using by USB Burning Tool
                                => AML Customization tool(V2) => http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...for-s82-series
                                so you get e.g. boot.img and system.img (at ./tmp/...)
                                Hi, thank for your help. I was try to use AML Customization tool (V2) to change bootup logo, boot animation, poweron logo, wallpaper and add about 20 apps to it but only boot animation working, power on logo only working on the first time, apps have been installed but can't using, not working
                                (Test on Minix Neo X8H with stock ROM 001)

Comment

Working...
                                X