Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just flashed Megandenz 3.1 build on my GT1 ultimate hoping it would fix the unmountable usb hdd issue, unfortunately its still unmountable and shows 0mb. would be nice to back up to my 3tb hdd

Comment

hi. i just wanna ask if the twrp3 img p212 will work on my mxq-pro 4k s905x. tia

Comment

Hello
        Could someone get me a TWRP for my M8S II PLUS?
        I can not upload the original recovery because the page does not let me upload a file so large.
        I would need a TWRP to do tests.
        Thank you.

Comment

I might be able to shed some light on all the questions relted to wether or not a certain TWRP version will on another device.
          I tried a bunch until I decided to port my own matched to the X96.
          The reason is quite simple: Even if it says S905x on the box and all the internal hardware loos identical, the devil is in the detail.
          Our devil is called kernel and bootloader.
          In the kernel the called fstab organises how the different partions are handled and labeled - if that is not a match to your system it won't work.
          To have a perfect match you have to edit or replace the corresponding files inside the kernel ramdisk.

There are several different versions of TWRP 3.1 available to the S905X boxes and it might be worth checking their threads for more details on them.
          For the normal flashing and backups TWRP 3.0 or even 2.8 do just fine.
          The 3.1 includes a few more partitons, like logo and bootloader instead of combining them into "boot" but that's about it.
          For really complete backup you still need to manually backup your internal storage or make sure it is not overwritten by the new rom - some do require a clean flash though...
          From my little experience on the X96 you can only try to see if the recovery boots and is responsible.
          If so check if you can access the system and data areas with the build in filemanager and also if you can copy files/folders from there to your external SD card.
          In case that works all fine you have a chance the rest works too.
          Sad thing is that you need to try a backup and restore to be sure, or try to flash a custom/genuine rom trhough TWRP.
          There are tutorials online that show how to port a custom recovery from one system to another with the same hardware base but it requires a good kitchen and quite a bit of reading to understand it all.

Comment

i flashed the twrp img(p212) via rashr app. it worked and successfully booted in the recovery.. (mxq pro 4k s905x) but the thing is- system/data/sdcard/etc won't mount, it indicates that no operating system is intsalled.. anyone had the same experience.? and how can it be fixed.. tia

Comment

That is the problem I faced as well.
              The Fstab configurations on the S905 boxes are sometimes quite different.
              Only real option is to port the Recovery by replacing/modifying all related files.

Comment

I've got a new TWRP build for Rockchip RK3328 here: TWRP3_RK3328-3.0.2-0.img

This just a mod of AbduL's latest RK3xx Generic, with fstab updates for these new RK3328 boxes. It's been tested on the Z28, but should also work on units like the PenDoo Mini and A5X Plus Mini.

Note: One known issue is that the Rockchip bootloader relies on recovery to wipe and format the data and cache partitions (which is a stupid design that creates a single point of failure for a corrupt recovery partition). So, if you do a factory wipe or clean flash via RKBatchTool, it will boot to recovery to do this. Sadly, this build of TWRP isn't doing whatever the stock recovery is doing to indicate that the factory wipe is complete, and so the bootloader keeps sending you back to recovery whenever you try to reboot back to system.

If anyone has suggestions on how to avoid this TWRP boot loop, I'd love to hear it.
                Last edited by Guest; 05-16-2017, 06:28.

Comment

Originally posted by abdul_pt View Post
                  If anyone has one Yoka KB2 here's a TWRP for it

www.freak-tab.de/abdul_pt/aml/TWRP_Yoka_KB2.img
                  Hello all,

I have a Yoka tv KB2 Pro that was hit by a lightning strike . It did not fry the board because it still lights up, (I'm thinking) but nothing shows up on the TV. Is there a TWRP for this box and can someone
                  send a link that gives directions on how to make a backup of a second YokaYV KB2 Pro box to flash on my lightning struck YokaYV KB2 Pro.

Any help would be appreciated

Comment

@Magendanz:
                    Does the rockchip kernel/bootloader use FOTA?
                    If so then there is your problem and the best option would be to port all from TWRP to CWM - if you can find any CWM for the Amlogic SOC...
                    Only workaround I know of is here:
                    Solution for bootlooping to TWRP after OTA update I've got 2 simple commands to ease everyone's troubled minds. The overwhelming sense of accomplishment you'll get knowing you can use your device again. Take a step back and appreciate this moment. All joking aside, here you go. You now have...

Had some newer roms for I think the A95 that use fota as well and could not get them to boot properly after flashing.
                    But I only found the above after all this and never bothered to try as I am still busy with my X96 firmware.
                    Everywhere I look for similar TWRP problem it comes down to either:
                    a) Flash the stock firmware by other means to get all working again,
                    b) Finnish the flash with CWM instead of TWRP - for which I would say it is easier to start with CWM instead.

Another thing I noticed while trying to port the 3.1 TWRP is that inside the ETC folder several files needed adjustments.
                    And even with all the correct entries for the fstabs and RC files it fails to work as expected on the X96, ports that work on most other devices often don't even boot
                    So far I have not tried to flash tWRP onto the system and only use it from SD, if need be with a recovery script and toothpick LOL

@boozie1956:
                    Lightning fries the electronics, even if a light still comes on I highly doubt a custom recovery will help you.
                    I had a lot of electronics in my hands that came here after power surges or lightning and unless they had really good protective circuits inside they were all toast.
                    Even with no visible damage component tests usually show failures in most vital parts.
                    ​​​​​​​IMHO the best option is to spend another 35 bucks for a new box.

Comment

Here's a TWRP 3.1.1-0 update for the following reference boards:Notes:
                      • I don't have a change log for 3.1.1-0 yet, but they bumped the version number when I synced the project. It will be posted here when available.
                      • This includes updates to the partition sizes for each to fix backup recovery. Amlogic SDK 6 boards (q201 & p212) assume 2GB system partitions. Amlogic SDK 5.1 (p200) boards assume 1GB system partition. (And yes, they should be able to determine partition size on the fly, but TWRP has these sizes predefined in the BoardConfig.mk for some stupid reason.)
                      • I removed the flag (BOARD_HAS_NO_REAL_SDCARD) disabling the Partition SD Card feature, so that functionality is restored.
                      • Updates to the GitHub project were just checked in.
                      Last edited by Guest; 05-16-2017, 07:46.

Comment

I will do some tests today if I find enough time but I doubt they will be succesful for the X96 I have.
                        "Reference board" includes all similar to identical hardware but it won't cover kernel and partition modifications.
                        I noticed that several S905X firmware are quite nice in terms of making things easy and being conform with others.
                        But that can not be said for the X96
                        With the OTA firmware the kernel is locking the bootanimation and several other system areas.
                        On top of that the mount points differ slightly for some (hidden) partitions.
                        With the last TWRP for reference boards I was able to mount several partitions but unable to access them, make a backup or flash a firmware.

Let's cross fingers the new TWRP will do better on my box
                        Will report back later.

Comment

Originally posted by Downunder 35m View Post
                          "Reference board" includes all similar to identical hardware but it won't cover kernel and partition modifications.
                          Well, TWRP includes its own recovery kernel, but major device tree modifications will be a problem. As for the partition sizes, that really should only affect restoring from a backup.

Comment

Hello,

I have purchased a player with the Amlogic reference board p230 (S905D) ... is there a chance to get TWRP for this device? Thank you in advance.

Best regards
                            eseze

Comment

Originally posted by eseze View Post
                              I have purchased a player with the Amlogic reference board p230 (S905D) ... is there a chance to get TWRP for this device?
                              If you can point me to the firmware online, I'd be willing to create a p230 project and build it. You'd have to test it for me, though.

Comment

I need twrp for H96 Pro Plus. Do you have?

SM-N920C cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Comment

Working...
                                X