This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
    If you can point me to the firmware online, I'd be willing to create a p230 project and build it. You'd have to test it for me, though.
    Thanks for the fast reply! Will check that next weekend because I am searching for a full image by myself.
    Or would an OTA-Update zip file be sufficient?

Best regards
    eseze

Comment

Can you make twrp for wetek play 2? I have a version that works but won't install stock firmware, fails a check. I can backup and restore. Much appreciated if you can. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by eseze View Post
        Or would an OTA-Update zip file be sufficient?
        I just need the stock recovery image. If that's included in the OTA update, then it should do fine.

Comment

I tried your new recovery on the X96.
          Everything seems to work just fine, despite my fears LOL
          Well done!
          There is one thing though...
          If you build TWRP from source instead of just porting it from another device then there are claims that
          RECOVERY_SDCARD_ON_DATA := true
          would enable proper handling of /data/media so the userdata could be included in a backup.
          Did you ever try this and added the mountpoints in the fstab?
          I still think for some weird reason that it would be nice to include this in a backup instead of copying it all seperately.

So, just to be clear: Your 3.1 TWRP works as claimed on the X96 2/16GB!

Comment

Here's a TWRP 3.1.1-0 update for the following reference boards:Notes:
            • I don't have a change log for 3.1.1-0 yet, but they bumped the version number when I synced the project. It will be posted here when available.
            • This includes updates to the partition sizes for each to fix backup recovery. Amlogic SDK 6 boards (q201 & p212) assume 2GB system partitions. Amlogic SDK 5.1 (p200) boards assume 1GB system partition. (And yes, they should be able to determine partition size on the fly, but TWRP has these sizes predefined in the BoardConfig.mk for some stupid reason.)
            • I removed the flag (BOARD_HAS_NO_REAL_SDCARD) disabling the Partition SD Card feature, so that functionality is restored.
            • Updates to the GitHub project were just checked in.
            Hi, does it work with all p212 board (S905X, 2GB DDR3, any WiFi chip) ? Thank you !

Comment

Originally posted by Grumly View Post
              Hi, does it work with all p212 board (S905X, 2GB DDR3, any WiFi chip) ? Thank you !
              Typically the compatibility issues are with wireless chipsets and remote IR codes...neither of which are really a factor with TWRP recovery. Having different partition sizes could cause problems restoring from backup, but other than that we've had encouraging results. And if it doesn't work, just re-flash the stock recovery.

Comment

Thank you, I just want to use it to make a full backup of my ROM stock, is it necessary to flash TWRP to do that ?

Comment

What partitions must be selected to backup :
                  - Cache
                  - System
                  - Data (excl. storage)
                  - Boot
                  - Recovery
                  - Logo
                  The box is out-of-box only, no personal data, no settings, nothing else
                  Thank you !
                  Last edited by Grumly; 05-23-2017, 17:49.

Comment

And is it necessary to create a .img in order to restore it later ? Or TWRP can restore ? Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Grumly View Post
                      And is it necessary to create a .img in order to restore it later ? Or TWRP can restore ? Thank you
                      TWRP can restore the partitions that it has backed up, provided the expected partition sizes aren't different. I would do a practice run first, backing up in TWRP and then restoring the backup, just to ensure that everything's functioning as expected.

Comment

Thank you, and is it possible to "extract" the firmware in order to restore it even if partition sizes are different ?

Comment

TWRP can restore the partitions that it has backed up, provided the expected partition sizes aren't different. I would do a practice run first, backing up in TWRP and then restoring the backup, just to ensure that everything's functioning as expected.
                          Twrp (q201) does not mount partitions on KM8 Pro (q20x) and can not make backup. Can you create for me TWRP (the files you need by the link https://mega.nz/#F!smpViaQQ!zmjjLsj2mQj6zlky0pi-ZQ )

Comment

Originally posted by VS73 View Post
                            Twrp (q201) does not mount partitions on KM8 Pro (q20x) and can not make backup. Can you create for me TWRP?
                            I've been trying to build for the q20x (M8S Pro & KM8 P) for a couple of weeks now, but haven't had success. These boxes are Android 7.1 and use a new kernel, so it's a bit new territory for me. I'm sure AbduL can do it, but I've heard he's on vacation.

Comment

No, android 6.0 in Box... Link
                              New firmware for KM8 Pro TV Box with Amlogic S912 (update 20170209). The manufacturer (Videostrong) has prepared SD OTA upgrade version and...

Comment

Originally posted by VS73 View Post
                                No, android 6.0 in Box...
                                Just tried it with that Android 6.0 recovery kernel, and it still didn't work. However, I added my q20x device folder to the GitHub project, so feel free to experiment.

Comment

Working...
                                X